0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACTUAL 'ban' and email from Niantic

So, I sell accounts locally on craigslist and a customer bought a level 34 from me and used it for a couple of days. He then texted me saying that it wouldn't let him log on and that it said pending verification. There was no email sent to his email, so he contacted support. Then, two days later he gets this email from Pokemon Go Support.ACTUAL 'ban' and email from Niantic-ban1-jpgACTUAL 'ban' and email from Niantic-13879348_10153790445753587_2310906806683973857_n-jpg

I have very good reason to believe these are not fake emails. The person that I sold to doesn't seem nearly intelligent enough to come up with something like this. So, I'm wondering what exactly flagged the account. I've been botting safely and am not sure how they figured out that it was either sold or botting and I'm now very hesitant to sell any more accounts because I don't want my customers to have their accounts locked. It's technically not a 'ban', but they're locking accounts. What REALLY worries me is that they're offering to reimburse people. This means that they're SERIOUS about anti-cheat and anti-selling. This is the first instance I've seen of this. I'm definitely the biggest seller in my local market (which happens to be the city Niantic operates out of) and I'm wondering if they are flagging the accounts in my listings by manually going on to craigslist and inputting the CP lvls of the pokemon and xp of my character and whatnot, or if this was flagged for botting.

ACTUAL 'ban' and email from Niantic
    chekhop's Avatar Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, sorry my english isnt good. But Niantic want to refund the money?

sammyg69's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chekhop View Post
    Wait, sorry my english isnt good. But Niantic want to refund the money?
    theyre offering refunds if youre willing to be a snitch.

sioane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of shit.Niantic would absolutely NOT offer a full refund.

dblnull's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only with a receipt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeThePlumber's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the refund part sounds really strange.... also so of the wording in the email...

sioane's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dblnull View Post
    Only with a receipt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With or without a receipt is irrelavent...if you can't share an account what makes you think it's ok to buy an account?...

Roktu's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    6/28
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in their TOS that if you break them, that yo are not entitled to a refund.

jts5676's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, people are missing, this is apparently the first known instance of someone getting perma banned. It's not a 'you're banned' message, but the account got locked and they're saying its permanently locked and that the account wont be accessible ever. This is huge news. Has anyone had this happen before?

Niantic seems to be going after both botting and account sellers. They're offering refunds to people if they can show receipt of sale. I don't think they would lie, they could get sued for lying. So this is their first legitimate step (that I know of, or anyone knows of) of them perma banning and offering bounty for reporting account sellers. This is huge. This makes me unable to confidently sell accounts.

Honor777's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    34/26
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call BS either from you or the person you sold to (maybe they work for niantic and are f**king with you.) Everyone here will know when bans/locked accounts start happening we will see 100s of posts about it.

NullGen54's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good god are you guys really still falling for all this fake shit? News flash; if this isn't happening to EVERYBODY, then it isn't happening to anybody. Case closed, end of discussion.

Seriously how can you be so daft...

HackerDex's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    9/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FAKE. The Pokemon Company doesn't handle Pokemon Go. Niantic is the developer. Even if that was a PTC account how does TPC have access to player information?
    Last edited by HackerDex; 08-06-2016 at 03:28 PM.

DimitrisZ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    9/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if this is true, might be a case of someone reporting the account?
    Ban waves might not be happening (yet) but remember that they already have a website setup for reporting players.

jts5676's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, you're going to call me a poser when I've been on ownedcore for 9 years? Suck my dick you piece of shit lmao. This could easily be from being reported by players who are upset that this customer of mine has taken gyms in his area. I'm not saying they have bot detection but this is a ban. It was a Pokemon trainer club account and the person contacted Pokemon support through Pokemon trainer club. What reason would I have to fake this? I know for a fact that he didn't fake the email. And I know for a fact that I didn't fake this nor would I have any reason to... Just pointing out that they are banning or 'de activating permanently'

HackerDex's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    9/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jts5676 View Post
    Lol, you're going to call me a poser when I've been on ownedcore for 9 years? Suck my dick you piece of shit lmao. This could easily be from being reported by players who are upset that this customer of mine has taken gyms in his area. I'm not saying they have bot detection but this is a ban. It was a Pokemon trainer club account and the person contacted Pokemon support through Pokemon trainer club. What reason would I have to fake this? I know for a fact that he didn't fake the email. And I know for a fact that I didn't fake this nor would I have any reason to... Just pointing out that they are banning or 'de activating permanently'
    Did you ask him if he is taking over every gym in his area? If you do that shit then you deserve to be banned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast