Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I asked him and he said he wasn't. This leads me to believe that either they're flagging accounts and then when they change ownership, banning them, or they have staff checking selling sites and looking up total xp and pokemons cp and getting the exact account and flagging/banning

ACTUAL 'ban' and email from Niantic
    HackerDex's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    9/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jts5676 View Post
    Yes I asked him and he said he wasn't. This leads me to believe that either they're flagging accounts and then when they change ownership, banning them, or they have staff checking selling sites and looking up total xp and pokemons cp and getting the exact account and flagging/banning
    Are you selling the accounts on this forum? How did TPC find out that you sold the account? You both are in the same state I assume. Are they looking at the IP address maybe?

darkretnuh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so, i sell accounts locally on craigslist and a customer bought a level 34 from me and used it for a couple of days. He then texted me saying that it wouldn't let him log on and that it said pending verification. There was no email sent to his email, so he contacted support. Then, two days later he gets this email from pokemon go support.Attachment 33824Attachment 33825

i have very good reason to believe these are not fake emails. The person that i sold to doesn't seem nearly intelligent enough to come up with something like this. So, i'm wondering what exactly flagged the account. I've been botting safely and am not sure how they figured out that it was either sold or botting and i'm now very hesitant to sell any more accounts because i don't want my customers to have their accounts locked. It's technically not a 'ban', but they're locking accounts. What really worries me is that they're offering to reimburse people. This means that they're serious about anti-cheat and anti-selling. This is the first instance i've seen of this. I'm definitely the biggest seller in my local market (which happens to be the city niantic operates out of) and i'm wondering if they are flagging the accounts in my listings by manually going on to craigslist and inputting the cp lvls of the pokemon and xp of my character and whatnot, or if this was flagged for botting.
    fake! fake!

cancelled's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/102
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "[email protected]" lul are you serious

Catchymon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    email address part looks photoshopped, this might be a scam people are trying to do to get their money back or you just like attention. either one.

Ripper3's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    52/109
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would someone have to activate a verified account?

This email leaves me so confused. It doesn't make any sense.

Besides, proof of purchase from a grey-area purchase by asking for a receipt? Who hands out a receipt anyways when sellings accounts? And asking to report you. The email doesn't even mention, to whom you should be reported xD
    Last edited by Ripper3; 08-05-2016 at 03:32 AM.

Zërklol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think your customer is trying to scam you. Saying 'Niantic offers me money if I rat on you', maybe he hopes you get afraid and give him the same money.

Tell him to ask the money from Niantic and give false info about you, he'll be pissed.

Tjapp's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well 1 account per player ? isnt it like very common to login with google on your google acc while PTC is down as usual ? i doubt this..

all my friends does this, and they play legit, there might be a banwave on 95% of the players then, also the legit ones.
    i think he just want a free account from you.

fokse's Avatar Member Trusted PTC Accounts Seller CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obvious fake

exporious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the amount of money Niantic make, they're not going to spend time trying to do individual case by case / watching people selling accounts, if they do anything it will be on mass and likely the first you will hear about it will be in the news/media.

Fadelol's Avatar ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Thanks G/R
    161/204
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was real then they would have identified more of your sold accounts and even more of your customers would have gotten back to you. Until that happens I call fake.
    ~Fadelol

NullGen54's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, you're going to call me a poser when I've been on ownedcore for 9 years? Suck my dick you piece of shit lmao. This could easily be from being reported by players who are upset that this customer of mine has taken gyms in his area. I'm not saying they have bot detection but this is a ban. It was a Pokemon trainer club account and the person contacted Pokemon support through Pokemon trainer club. What reason would I have to fake this? I know for a fact that he didn't fake the email. And I know for a fact that I didn't fake this nor would I have any reason to... Just pointing out that they are banning or 'de activating permanently'
    lol'd @ the "I've been here longer than you so I'm not a poser" argument

You being on OwnedCore for 9 years doesn't mean jack shit and does not verify the validity of your post. I don't care if your account is 9 years old, if you're an admin or even if you were involved in the PoGO development scene, your image is an obvious fake. Do I really need to point out that mess of pixels around the email address or are you done embarrassing yourself?

13. Thanks deeseven (1 members gave Thanks to NullGen54 for this useful post)
    Corthezz's Avatar Elite User Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    183/98
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever heard of e-mail headers / fake mailers? Are people nowdays really that damn stupid? It is not even worth discussing what is written there.
    Check my blog: https://zzuks.blogspot.com

deeseven's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    14/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by NullGen54 View Post
    lol'd @ the "I've been here longer than you so I'm not a poser" argument

You being on OwnedCore for 9 years doesn't mean jack shit and does not verify the validity of your post. I don't care if your account is 9 years old, if you're an admin or even if you were involved in the PoGO development scene, your image is an obvious fake. Do I really need to point out that mess of pixels around the email address or are you done embarrassing yourself?
    bingo! but don't listen to me I've only been on here for like a week and a half. Either OP is faking it to make "people aware" or whoever he sold it to is trying to scam him and he believes [email protected] lol good grief. Check your email tho op your buyer may show you a message next from Fusajiro Yamauchi! *insert extended eyerolls*

jts5676's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by deeseven View Post
    bingo! but don't listen to me I've only been on here for like a week and a half. Either OP is faking it to make "people aware" or whoever he sold it to is trying to scam him and he believes [email protected] lol good grief. Check your email tho op your buyer may show you a message next from Fusajiro Yamauchi! *insert extended eyerolls*
    Lol I have no reason to fake this image. Why would I? However, I've been reading Reddit and this is actually something that people are doing to scam sellers. So, this person's fake email worked in tricking me. I posted here to see if anyone else was having this happen. Why would I try to fake it? Lol. I'm glad that I found that this is a common scam people are doing now. So everyone, beware!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast