Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walking through buildings (could) trigger Anti-Cheat

I came across this video today...

POKEMON GO BANNING SYSTEM REVEALED! "HOW TO AVOID GETTING BANNED IN POKEMON GO" -Youtube - YouTube

... I don't know who the guy is or whether his information is fully legit, but it seems plausible.

In my own experience I have used various GPS hacks for months and my lv33 account is still alive. I mostly stuck to parks and footpaths whilst spoofing and didn't go beyond a realistic bicycle speed unless I was simulating driving along major roads. I mostly avoided crossing through buildings.

Edit: I am not claiming (and the video I linked is not claiming) that passing through buildings AT ALL will trigger anti-cheat, but rather passing through many buildings within a short period of time. The numbers the video mentioned was 7 buildings in 4 mins IIRC.
    Last edited by Heindrich; 08-30-2016 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Clarification

Walking through buildings (could) trigger Anti-Cheat
    jimmys96's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    224/210
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walking through buildings will definitely not trigger anything, since buildings are usually able to be entered, as well as GPS not being 100% accurate..

cajuputi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes building has doors. But in housing complex, you enter front door, go through the back wall to another house, then through a side wall to another neighbour house. Of course it's hard for niantic to analyze all of those, but who knows?

eldorita14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i guess its just really your luck. Hahaha. Ive been botting till lvl 30 and passing walking throu buildings never got banned. Got 4 accounts and all safe.. its just your if your gonna get banned or not lol

vailhor's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    5/26
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit, you could be in plane or ulm or anything, they can't ban you for that, since the GPS is accurate.

slopokher's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    6/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i run through anything and hardly ever will walk a regular path...also go across lakes and stuff...never had any issues...i dont think theres anything to worry about on that.. dont care what my speed is....theres a couple activity recognition services i dissabled may be helping me out. One was in google play and the other is in the pokemon app...i know those have to do with what ur doing like riding a bike..walking and stuff..i was just checking if disabling those would keep that your going to fast shit from poping up....it dont seem to popup as much.
    Last edited by slopokher; 08-30-2016 at 12:04 PM.

gun404's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buildings are built, buildings are taken town...it takes a while for them to register on Googlemaps, so it's doubtful any of that gps movement would even remotely trigger any anti-cheat software.

slopokher's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    6/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gun404 View Post
    Buildings are built, buildings are taken town...it takes a while for them to register on Googlemaps, so it's doubtful any of that gps movement would even remotely trigger any anti-cheat software.
    i agree...they use multiple ways to detect ur location..depending on what location settings and services u have running on your phone ...the location returned to apps requesting location can vary ...
    PRIORITY_BALANCED_POWER_ACCURACY - Use this setting to request location precision to within a city block, which is an accuracy of approximately 100 meters. This is considered a coarse level of accuracy, and is likely to consume less power. With this setting, the location services are likely to use WiFi and cell tower positioning. Note, however, that the choice of location provider depends on many other factors, such as which sources are available.
    PRIORITY_HIGH_ACCURACY - Use this setting to request the most precise location possible. With this setting, the location services are more likely to use GPS to determine the location.
    PRIORITY_LOW_POWER - Use this setting to request city-level precision, which is an accuracy of approximately 10 kilometers. This is considered a coarse level of accuracy, and is likely to consume less power.
    PRIORITY_NO_POWER - Use this setting if you need negligible impact on power consumption, but want to receive location updates when available. With this setting, your app does not trigger any location updates, but receives locations triggered by other apps.
    Last edited by slopokher; 08-30-2016 at 03:52 PM.

aly68's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thing about that u have a helicopter trip

renzuken's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that kind of anti cheat is imposible right now , maybe in 20 years if google maps are 100% accurate about altitude

Nine1Sickness's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true! I just got banned for walking through my house.

eldorita14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well how about driving around 230kmph will i still get banned? Lol.. my characters look funny and stupid at same time when it run at that speed hahaha