0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling gold

I've got over 1 million gold, and im looking for a safe way to sell it. (Safe as in not getting banned) Any tricks for that?

Selling gold
    PhAnToM1004's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Store it in a guild bank, find a seller and invite him into the guild, say that once the payment is sent you'll promote to Gmaster and leave, that way its risk free ish, if he doesnt send the funds you kick him, and if he snitches, you were trying to expand the guild and you heard bad things about him once you invited him

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've written some tips in another thread which may be of interest to you. I'll paste it here for you.

----------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
    1.What is the safest way to sell gold?
    This can vary. The most common method used at the moment is the Guild Bank method. You keep gold inside a guild bank, and have a rank that can withdraw gold set to a certain limit. When someone buys gold from you, you invite them to the guild, promote them to the rank that can take gold, set their gold withdrawal limit to the amount they purchased, and once they've taken the gold, remove them from the guild if they don't leave on their own.

2.How much gold do i have to sell to get ban?
    You could sell one gold and get banned, you could never get banned. There's no static figure on which you get banned. The best thing you can do is plan to buy new accounts, and factor that into your costs of running your gold selling business.

3.Do i get a permaban if i'll be detected?
    Yes.

4.I got a tip that I should start a new account and I need to put all of my gold to that account.Will this reduce the chance of getting banned?
    I would buy a battlechest, create a new character on my realms and make a guild, then deposit my gold there.
    Whether you're selling from a brand new account or a 10 year old account, your risk of getting banned doesn't change the first time around. After you've been banned for gold selling, you and your actions are more heavily scrutinised by Blizzard. How safe you want to stay directly relates with how much money and effort you want to put into your venture.

Maximum safety would be:

• Firstly, to sell all gold on accounts that you buy at the shops, so that the account is in no way linked to your PayPal, Credit Card or your name.
    • Secondly, you'd have a computer dedicated to selling the gold. It can be a cheap $100 used computer, it doesn't really matter, as long as you can open the game.
    • Thirdly, have an Internet connection or VPN dedicated to gold selling. If you're going to use a VPN, do not use a public service VPN, set up your own. Blizzard knows these IP addresses, as they're widely used by botters, gold sellers, exploiters and the like - to the point where people who've done nothing wrong have been banned (and usually subsequently unbanned) because of the IP address.
    • Finally, do not interact with your main account and your gold selling or botting accounts in any way, shape or form. This means names, friends lists, payment information, talking, trading, guilds, anything. Do not have them interact.

PhAnToM1004's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooo yeah thats another way you can add a layer of protection! my method of the guild bank transfer via GMaster, buy a starter pack and Xfer it to a level 1, then leave the guild, that way there is 0 connection

mageblast's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get perma banned the first time you sell gold? (Never had a ban on my account yet) Because, with botting you get 3,6,18 etc months.

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is much easier to set up your own VPN, then it is to use someone else's. Sadly, all it takes is one botter/gold farmer/exploiter, to ruin a perfectly good IP address for life. Learned this the hard way as a powerleveler. Use a dynamic address, log in - ban. Use a pristine static IP, log in - safe. Till some azzhat decides to do something stupid like log into his account while it's being leveled, to grab any gold which might have been collected while leveling.
    Used to pay $15 a month for pristine static IPs, then the VPN company decided they wanted to charge less for dynamic IPs *sigh*