Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Healeighgee: Warden has been. Monitoring what's being tracked by the system is an important part of the process before banning in waves. We need to be sure the detections are accurate.

@Romzen: It's a reminder of the rules and a promise that ban waves will commence shortly. Nothing more.

@ArdenTDG: It's not as though this is something new. We tend to remind players of our stance against cheating before doing ban waves. For perspective, this blog was published within about two months of StarCraft II's release, very shortly before the first ban wave went out: http://us.battle.net.../en/blog/809157
    This has been added. So expect to lose your accounts.

Last warning from Blizzard?
    MadameGrip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cenny View Post
    Dude, people are gonna get banned, and there is no way that 30% of the population are botting. MAYBE 5%, MAYBE. you're basically saying that about 2 million people are botting which just isn't the case.

People are going to get banned, I'm expecting a ban on my accounts, I don't really care, I have plenty of $ to play more d3. Not a big deal.
    Please return when you know what the hell you're talking about..

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious about these "battle.net" banwaves...

If you are hacking/botting on D3, and get a Battle.net ban... does it ban you from logging into WoW / StarCraft / other Blizzard games?

Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason i see why they would do that is to warm casual botters. Meaning they would have a list (or huge assumptions, reports, stuff like that) of botters and they will do a second one later and ban everybody who still appear on that list.
    Which would indicate that there is indeed a huge number of botters so they want to keep the casual botter that will be afraid of this announcement.
    I don't think it will have any impact as those who are still going to bot are those who will buy new accounts anyway.

But i might be 300% wrong as i don't know anything about bots.

Sarcoptes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently issued a round of account suspensions and bans to several thousand Diablo® III players who were in violation of the Battle.net® Terms of Use for cheating and/or using botting or hacking programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play that’s essential to everyone’s enjoyment of the game, botting, hacking, and other such exploitive behavior can contribute to stability and performance issues with the Battle.net service. As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and fun online-gaming experience for legitimate players is a top priority for us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed.
    Diablo® III Players Banned - Forums - Diablo III

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12