Bossland GmbH (Maker of Honorbuddy) Files New Lawsuit Against Activision Blizzard menu

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite interested to see how this turns out- while I've always gone out of my way to cause problems for botters ("You're getting something for nothing by leaving your bot running, so I'm going to get a few kicks out of it at least") I've never been against or reported people for botting. I can see why people would dislike it, but it's just not something I've ever been concerned about. It'd be nice to see Blizzard lose this one

I just bought Honorbuddy the other day for leveling, so here's hoping they're around a good while longer :P
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

Bossland GmbH (Maker of Honorbuddy) Files New Lawsuit Against Activision Blizzard
    #ClumsyWizard's Avatar Contributor The Clumsiest of Wizards CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    Agreed with KuR. And it has also been stated that this is not just against bots, but any third party software. The glider case (and the honorbuddy case) can be brought up in courts as evidence for future cases against third party software.
    Third-party software, and add-ons if you want to take it a step further.

Techincally Blizzard could ban people for using addons because they're classified as third-party software.

Yay for StygSec for taking 2 weeks to read over the whole thread!

Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep in mind that this lawsuit is filed in germany, under german law. Im no law expert, but if they were to win, the impact would not be felt stateside. Im sure the glider guys may try to appeal again, based on their evidence, but still hope i guess

Clueless_noob's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Multitask View Post
    keep in mind that this lawsuit is filed in germany, under german law. Im no law expert, but if they were to win, the impact would not be felt stateside. Im sure the glider guys may try to appeal again, based on their evidence, but still hope i guess
    The Glider guys signed a settlement. It's over.

Also United States law does not apply to the rest of the world (even if american posters often think so)

If Bossland wins in germany it won't make any difference for any US based company sued by Blizzard.

Thanks to the Common Law legal system, corporations are allowed to write retarded stuff in their EULAs and consumers have to abide to them...
    For people living in nations with Roman Law (most of Europe), EULAs are just funny shit full of illegal terms that you can laugh at.
    Last edited by Clueless_noob; 01-30-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    Holding a sandwich in my hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123