0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Frostfire55 View Post
    Point taken. However, we shall see how well the rest of the memo is written. I still find a few points laughable. Deadwind Pass being a starter zone. Neglected Shadow Priest. The wording of the memo being unprofessional such as 'zing it back to me' and 'plain ol' cool' stuff. The points I've stated above. The memo format being off from the typical. And people from WoW Insider calling it a fake too, one of which I believe was a former Blizzard employee.

-EDIT-

Also. For Blizzcon being a good few months away, it's weird that they've already tried to put out prep notes this early. "We want people to be ready. No, really ready. We mean READY ready." And to elaborate on the Deadwind Pass issue. I think this is the most telling for me considering the zone would be the smallest 1 to 10 zone to date. To make it bigger, they'd have to change almost every zone around Deadwind Pass to make it suitably bigger. Blizzard has, in the past, made each new starting zone either on an island or a pennisula because this is easier to fit into the landscape than injecting it into surrounding zones. No other zones except Hyjal were inserted into the game without being on the outer part of any continent or being part of a new continent together. Putting in new zones in that are surrounded on four sides is something blizzard seems to rarely do.
    It wouldn't be difficult if they did it with phasing.

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Frostfire55 View Post
    I guess I'll add another thing that I find wrong with the memo is that it is the wrong logo as well. In the official Activision Blizzard logo, the Activision logo is to the side of the Blizzard logo, not above, as seen in the following sites:

Activision | Blizzard - Press Releases

Go ahead, just click on any of the links for the investor documents. The logo in each of these documents are different from the one in the memo.
    Also, good eye on this one. It seems most of the incarnations of their logo appear side by side.
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

New World of Warcraft Expansion Memo Leak
    Frostfire55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aphel View Post
    Also, good eye on this one. It seems most of the incarnations of their logo appear side by side.
    Well, it most certainly is a valid point that they use this logo in their more formal releases. It wouldn't make much sense to use a more crude Activision/Blizzard top-bottom logo when the Blizzcon logo in the header is just as good looking. I mean, I'd say you have me beat if you can find valid documents that use the top/bottom logo and not the side-to-side logo.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    EVERY site posts rumours and it is a matter of being first with the rumour. Nice find and good post Aphel, could be fun if it was/is true
    either way it has started discussions and that is what we want
    Last edited by Xel; 07-05-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: spelling error

Zoidberg's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if this IS fake, I wouldn't point at aphel. He wouldn't cook something up like this.

Abra su mente a la realidad.
    Do NOT contact me about trading section stuff. Contact a section MOD instead.

Ballwinkle's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is one of the activision blizzard logos

Frostfire55's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ballwinkle View Post
    That is one of the activision blizzard logos
    Like I said, prove that it's been used on their documents like the side-by-side one has.

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree that the logo looks suspicious, but the slightly casual language and uncommon abbreviations can just be because this was meant as a document from one employee to another (and they are likely good friends). You also have to remember that most of them are gamers/internet geeks and they don't have to be extremely formal when talking amongst themselves.

Andeby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sychotix View Post
    I do agree that the logo looks suspicious, but the slightly casual language and uncommon abbreviations can just be because this was meant as a document from one employee to another (and they are likely good friends). You also have to remember that most of them are gamers/internet geeks and they don't have to be extremely formal when talking amongst themselves.
    If it was a casual letter, why all the formal logos?
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:
    One day I try to get it on, nothing happens

stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Andeby View Post
    If it was a casual letter, why all the formal logos?
    Default template?

I have no view on the matter, just commenting.

Xel's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    94/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no view on the matter, just commenting.
    This pretty much describes my thoughts towards this whole discussion.

Andeby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pigpoo//Sleep~Away:
    One day I try to get it on, nothing happens

Baaja's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was away these couple of days, on vacation. So I missed this whole ordeal and trying to catch up now. However everybody gets excited reading something like this even it's fake, so I wouldn't point fingers at somebody for "leaking" it.

Sodee's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Baaja View Post
    I was away these couple of days, on vacation. So I missed this whole ordeal and trying to catch up now. However everybody gets excited reading something like this even it's fake, so I wouldn't point fingers at somebody for "leaking" it.
    Not everybody gets excited reading this. Honestly, I kind of feel bad for anyone that actually does believe this or gets excited reading this garbage. I am in no way shooting the messenger on this, as he's just doing his job to report findings. Regardless of what the next 14 pages say, it would be hard to believe anything after how poorly assembled and annoyingly wrong this first page looks.

Anyone with access to wowwiki could have pulled up the basic information stated in this 'article', anything beyond that is very obvious fanfiction. The amount of things that lore-wise couldn't possibly go through and don't remotely coincide with 'the void' is astounding.

ocf's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can anyone actually believe that this is real? The vocabulary, register and articulation is quite similar to what a wishlist made by a fan would look like. In addition, bullet points stating that: "A ton of lore for the neglected shadow Priest class..." "A'dal will be the main antagonist of the expansion, or will he?" "...focus on fan fave races with new lore..." "Vengeance of the Void - Name derived from new enemy "The Void"." This is just utter crap, really, and the last one "Vengeance of the Void - Name derived from new enemy "The Void", Blizzard may be running out of ideas, but they're are not desperate.

The only difference between this document and the one created by The Daily Blink is that the latter doesn't take itself too seriously.

DavidTwo2009's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast