0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sersh View Post
    Hiring more people isn't your problem. Your problem is that everyone's already seen the news you've posted and the viewers themselves are actually ahead of you in knowledge of recent news. This is a problem.
    You don't seem to understand that those websites you are viewing have many people working as a team. We currently have 2 people working on bringing news which is the problem. The reason we can't get news out that quickly is because of just that.

I agree that throwing more people on as staff won't instantly cure the problem, however in time we will be able to make some progress and hopefully change that.

I can understand why you're frustrated with me, because you think I'm trying to make your job on this website obsolete, but I'm telling you honestly that you could be working on something else less, and be getting more done.
    I'm not at all frustrated as you seem to have judged my responses incorrectly again, and I don't believe these post to be proving my job obsolete at all. A News Correspondent does much more than what is read about in our News Section .

[Official] MMOwned News Team Recruitment
    JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eventhough I have a bad side that quickly gets angry and flames I'm gonna try not to do so in this thread but I'm sorry if I sound like I'm angry. I'm really not.

I have been with the newsteam for about a year. In this year I've learned a lot and I've really enjoyed my time. One of the things I've learned is that MMOwned can't and never will be able to compete with giant sites like wow.com and mmochamp. It's just not going to happen but that shouldn't stop the newsteam from bringing that news to MMowned aswell. A lot of you are only thinking about what MMOwned can do for you but why is that so much more important than what it can do for people that do not check mmochamp and wow.com every day?
    I know, a lot of the newsteam threads are/were reposts from other sites but I don't see how that's a problem. I remember a while back I posted a thread about some recent news and about upcoming stuff and I got replies like "You are so lazy, go write something of your own and stop copypasting" which got me to thinking. What have you done to bring people the news? Have you spent hours researching? Rewriting? Creating a layout? Getting it past KuR? (Wuvz KuR) I don't think so. When you start making 2-3 news items a week and sending them to either one of the members of the newsteam I'll respect your opinion and so will the rest of the world. For now you are just a troll and you will be untill you move your fat hand over that keyboard like I've done for a year. Like Glynbeard has done and will be doing for a while and like 7itatium has done for a while and will keep doing.
    I extremely respect and like Glyn and 7it and I therefore wish you both (and the entire MMOwned Staff) the best of luck with finding new MMOwned Newsteam members. I hope it's someone that deserves it and that will not let you down, we've had too many of those in the past.
    Now, I can't be all positive about the newsteam because I do have something to say against this thread. I think it's posted way too early, it should've been posted when MMOwned updates to V2 so you could have a new start. But I might be wrong, you might just surprise me and hire someone when V2 comes.
    Anyway, the best of luck with the Newsteam, I hope you guys keep doing the amazing job you guys have done in the past.

Greets,
    JD

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sersh View Post
    [EDIT] Alright so I took out the links.

Absolutely no reason to have some kind of "team" spam refresh on "( I think we all know what WoW news website I'm referring to.)" and then REPOST it here for all of us to see for the 14th time. Seriously. Wasting your time here.

In case you were wondering why people actually visit this website, it's for the glitch's and hacks that "( Insert extremely popular WoW News website here )" doesn't post. We don't come here to get news in poorly written English that has already been out for 8 days.

Stick with the underground vibe, not the plagiarism vibe.

Honestly hate to be the barer of bad news, but you really aren't doing much good.

INC Posting Infraction IMO. We'll see though.
    We can see the games from different perspectives and not all are into sheep like you, some of us likes women. meaning people think different, it is NOT A BIG DEAL if you dont like it. We DO have lots that do.

also MMO-champ and wow dot com have copied some of our posts too, including alot of the info about the cheating top guilds. we were able to bring the background on it as well tho.

We also had an interview with Athene.

We can and will also focus on ourselves, what have happened on MMOwned and such. that too is something that mmochamp cant either.. (Remember mmo champ basically just copies from wow forums..)
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 04-17-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished putting up and going through all the articles submitted to date. Don't fret if you haven't finished yours or sent in an application yet, you still have time No decisions have been made as of yet, but I will say that there are some really good ones.

Also please don't PM asking if I have gotten your article, I did and that just makes it harder to find/sort through the other applications.

Thanks!

Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to joining the news team, Glyn!

Sorry I didn't get your message immediately. I greatly anticipate a lot of good articles from the new staff!
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

RyeRye's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123