Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Movie - Was watching that and I thought it had a lot of the same ideas expressed here.

Has WoW lost its innocence?
    Chuck12345's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Server community are non existant anymore. Blame it on all the paid transfers/name change/sex etc change

also I liked it better when the game rounded around horde vs alliance

now I log on everyday to see naked blood elves and dwarves dancing around a camp fire in dalaran.. sigh

A good quote that express my feelings better than I can

The thing I miss most about vanilla was actually the people - not the content. The game, and my old servers in particular, just had a different and more positive feel. Now it's just about picking up your emblems and consulting your gear planner to find out what you should spend them on, and this leads to a feeling of not caring. I'd rather suffer from purple fever than see gearing as a "oh, two weeks of grinding heroics with random retards from other servers and I'm good to go". I also miss the server feeling that was completely ruined by cross-server BGs, faction and server transfers. Rant lol.
    - Murag of warcraftmovies
    Last edited by Chuck12345; 12-16-2009 at 10:17 AM.

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mag1212 View Post
    WoW is way too easy now
    Turn off DBM and Omen

Nicely written KuR, agreeing on every statement.

Vanilla WoW is the best era of World of Warcraft.
    Remove arenas, remove x-realm shit.
    Bring back 40-mans, I mean, nearl 12 mil players today, only 4-6 mil back in vanilla.
    And you had 1 or 2 AWESOME guilds on your server that you could kill to get into, nowadays it's like ok, join a casual guild, 2 weeks after the top guilds have cleared everything, you're at the same gearscore anyways.

Shobek's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, I like how you started. I was the exact same except for a few things, my friends got me hooked in vanilla I was a gnome rogue, one of the only ones no one liked gnomes. As soon as I hit 40 I remember my brother saying, why would anyone play such a nerdy game. He started playing the next day:P. Well to cut to the chase I was the first gnome rogue on my server to hit 60 and all I did was raid and world pvp. I honestly think they killed the game after that. It became too easy to get to 60 and gear was a joke... I wish I could spend a day 4 years ago to enjoy what it use to be.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do tend to agree with the fact that many elements of the game have gotten bad... but IMO raiding hasnt lost as much of its luster as many of the other aspects.

Yes I too miss the days of 40 man raiding... but how can you say that raiding is "easy" unless every single one of you have cleared all current game content. Have you done TOGC tribute runs? is ICC down? are you gonna down arthas when he comes? Ulduar hardmodes down? algalon down?

if you can answer yes to all of that then you have the right to bitch.. but if you are running around still attempting to PvP and havent cleared any raid content then you cant really talk.

The newer aspect of the games is intended to give us easy content for casual players, and hard content for core raiders (hence hard modes, tribute runs etc).

I miss old WoW too.. dont get me wrong, but the "raiding is easy, pvp is hard" argument is getting old.

I also find it interesting that you people continue to bitch about easy raid content but at the same time you all go out of your ways to find addons that make it even easier....

play the game or dont.. but leave the bitching to the pros

Rewiinded's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can relate to your story in quite a lot of different places.

It hurts.

Moaradin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WoW has only gotten Better. I love the idiots who say WoW is too easy when they refuse to use hard modes as the standard. Yogg 25 0 prenerf is THE hardest encounter the game has ever seen.

PVP is way better than it used to be in Vanilla. Sure its not perfect, but at least now we don't have shamans running around WITH 2H weapons 1 shotting people.

Raiding has gotten better too. 40mans were a joke.. they took longer to form than to actually enjoy. Really, all you needed was 25 decent players then you can fill the rest with 15 mouthbreathing idiots. Raiding has gotten more accessible for the Casuals, and have hardmodes for the "Hardcore"

+rep people who help you

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Treston, u said the keyword... PRENERF -
    In my eyes it is a failure when u can clear a new raid instance the same night its out.. yet i wont be surprised if they nerf some parts of it

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offended by the 13-16.. Make it 11-14 and you win. ^^

Very nice article KuR, reminds me of the good old days when you had to work to get your gear.

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

Hellgawd's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely hate the entire game of WoW now. The only thing that keeps me involved is emulating it, and changing all the crap that Blizzard originally had.
    I also enjoy the expansions, mainly because of new textures, models, and terrains - that keeps me intrigued.
    Otehr than that - pfft.

TheDash's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed reading this, I never got to experience Classic endgame because I was an altoholic until TBC but the way I've always seen it is: Nobody can ever take what you've achieved away from you. Sure the game is nerfed to hell now, people can easilly outgear you from just a few days of grinding but those people could NEVER achieve what you have achieved.

I remember when Ragnaros first went down on Darkmoon Fair, the guild that did it hosted a party (an RP party, mind you.. Back in the days when people still roleplayed) and man.. I don't think I could ever have that feeling of shared triumph again. It was just such a huge thing, I think I counted around 300 people all hanging out in BWL at once and it was just.. Fantastic.

Sure, I miss those days just like anyone else but nobody can ever take those memories away from you.

Found's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need more dots.. DONT STAND IN THE CENTER (ony btw)

I miss it sooo much.

Excesum's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:)

A very nice read there.. quite touching, I really miss when I leveled my Orc Warrior in Durotar, I equipped cloth gear with intellect just because it looked cool, and didn't even pass a single thought about what the stats meant. As long as it was cool, it worked for me!

However, I hope Cataclysm will bring some of the Vanilla-feeling back. To travel around in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor will be so nice to experience again, even though it's all in flames.

Thanks Kurios, for a nice post!

Griffton's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is indeed a great story, but i feel the need to point out that AQ was released in 1.9 making them one of the last classic raids, shortly followed by Nax in 1.11.

The first true raid to be added to the game was Blackwing Lair in 1.6

Though they did add Lord Kazzak in 1.3... but it was an outdoor raid.

But needless to say my career with WoW has diminished along the same way. You probably speak for the majority of the Vets. Thank you sir.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Griffton View Post
    This is indeed a great story, but i feel the need to point out that AQ was released in 1.9 making them one of the last classic raids, shortly followed by Nax in 1.11.

The first true raid to be added to the game was Blackwing Lair in 1.6

Though they did add Lord Kazzak in 1.3... but it was an outdoor raid.

But needless to say my career with WoW has diminished along the same way. You probably speak for the majority of the Vets. Thank you sir.
    Didnt I say that AQ was one of the last classic raids? maybe i forgot
    I did forget about BWL being released that is correct

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast