1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OwnedCore Report #25

Quarter of the way to our 100th Report. This weeks report will include a ton of gaming news from around the globe, some from early E3, community highlights, and more. What are you most excited for at E3? Are we all on the Fallout train?

Community Highlights

Advanta, one of this communities most active and biggest contributors, is having his Youtube channel taken down because of Blizzard. If you guys have any tips for him, advice, or words of support please go to this thread. When the whole thing is over with he has agreed to do a 1 on 1 with me about it for the report.

Click HERE to go right to the thread.

Jeffseid posted a guide on how to level your mining and herbalism from 1-785 using a single World Quest.

Ever want to read the WoW books but weren't sure of their chronological order? Umren has got you covered in this detailed post including the order and recommendations before you read.

Ever played Battlegrounds in WoW and thought "Demon Hunters mobility is absolutely busted in here". Well Hazzbazzy posted a video that shows off how absolutely busted Demon Hunters mobility truly is in Battlegrounds with some nice music to boot.

Gaming News From Around The Globe

Yrel Joins Heroes of the Storm

A very interesting addition was added to Heroes of the Storm, and her name is Yrel. What makes this so interesting is the timing. Recently there was controversy happening on WoW Forums talking about how she is "alternate reality Scarlet Crusade, killing everything that isn't in the Light." Reddit user Lambchops_Legion explains it like this. "The light is all she knows, we found her as a slave in a mine and saved her with the light. It makes sense that she believes the light is the only source of salvation." And this is only a tiny fraction of the debates happening over this character including very interesting theories. Well about a week or two after these debates we get her in Heroes of the Storm which reminds me a little of how we got a Dreadlord Jaina skin after it was gaining traction on a bunch of WoW forums again. There is a whole video on Yrel and the Light by SoulSoBreezy that explains a lot of the stuff that has been debated over. You can check that video out right HERE.

As far as the hero herself, she is a tank with retribution paladin-like abilities like "Righteous Hammer" which swings a huge hammer in a cone and knocks enemies hit and "Avenging Wrath" which gives her wings allowing her to leap through the air slowing enemies impacted. But most of all Yrel has a talent called Bubble Hearth. You cannot make this stuff up.

Diablo Job Opening for Unannounced Project

There was another job opening specifically for a Diablo Dungeon Artist this week and the project was "unannounced". This has got a lot of people who have been looking forward to Diablo 4 a lot of hope and hype. Streamer Towelliee even said "They going Lost Ark style and it's gonna be good. Like World of Diablo good" on Twitter. Now this is a man with a lot of connections at Blizzard from being a staple in the WoW streaming community. And as much as I love what he is saying in this tweet and want it all to be true, this job opening doesn't actually mean as much as people think. We have actually had a similar posting for Diablo all the way back in 2015.

Rhykker in a Youtube video explains that this doesn't really tell us anything and that an unannounced Diablo project has been confirmed in the works for years. On March 3, 2016 Rhykker posted a video about a similar job opening that said the following:

"August 2015 there was a new Blizzard job listing for an art director for an unannounced Diablo project. At the time we just thought this meant expansion. But there was one thing about it, in the job write up it wrote "Blizzard is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate art director to help develop Blizzards next hit game".
    If it was an expansion it most likely wouldn't use the term "next hit game". Therefore we have basically known about this new Diablo project since August 2015 when that job was posted.

So at the end of the day. Yes there is a new Diablo coming out and has been for quite some time. When? I wouldn't be shocked if it was announced at Blizzcon this year. As far as towelliee's statement. God I hope he is right.

Click HERE to go to Rhykker's video.

Realm Royale is actually competing with Fortnite, kinda.

Hi-Rez Studios got their feet wet in a new Battle Royale based off their game Paladins recently and it is actually gaining the attention of a lot of big streamers such as Ninja. The Free-to-Play Battle Royale is called Realm Royale and is available on Steam for free. In the game you choose a class like Mage, Assassin, Hunter, and more. From there you loot chests to gain armor, weapons, potions, and skills. Each piece having their own rarity like Fortnite with white, blue, green, and purple. But if you find stuff on the ground you don't need you can disenchant it and bring that currency to a forge which than allows you to craft legendary items such as a weapon, armor, or more potions for armor and health. Other than Ninja streamers like Shroud, Summit1g, Cloakzy, and many others are diving into Realm Royale.

If you're into Battle Royale than this is definitely worth giving a shot. It has a lot of RPG aspects and doesn't feel like another copy paste version of other Battle Royale games. On top of that being free-to-play allows people to give it a shot without any commitment which I think is the best angle to take Battle Royale.

Valve puts an end to OPSkins
    Valve recently put out a blog post which contained a picture of their lawyer sending a twitter DM to OPSkins mentioning how "Your service OPSkins ExpressTrade uses Valve's intellectual property and violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement." To sum up what is happening here. Valve recently wanted to combat gambling websites by adding a 7 day trade delay to each trade. Meaning once you receive an item it can no longer be traded for 7 days. But OPskins found a way to combat that with their "Express Trade".

Express Trade allows you to trade items back and forth with other users instantly and for free through their peer-to-peer trading service. There was even a free and public API for it seen HERE. All of the sudden a ton of those gambling websites that said they will be shutting down now said "We're Back!". Now there was a way to freely trade without a delay using OPSkins Express Trade. Valve saw this as a complete violation to what they were trying to accomplish and here we are.

OPSkins has responded to all this on Twitter stating:

OPSkins customers should withdraw their Steam-based items from OPSkins prior to June 21st to avoid any trading restrictions. While Valve says that the reason is ExpressTrade, we expect that this is yet another effort from Valve to drive sales to the Steam Community Market. Express Trade is a non-commercial use of Steam bots since it is free. It is designed to benefit the community by allowing free and instant trades among friends.
    They continue from there to state that this is not the end of OPSkins and how they announced the integration of items for 19 blockchain-based games and services.

At the end of the day Valve may be trying to make sure everything is done through their Steam Market but at the same time I do think the gambling sites coming back has made them realize action must be taken fast.

Fallout 76

We finally got to see what 76 was all about and it delivered. Whoever that guy that said it was a Rust clone on 4chan back in December was spot on. It is Fallout's first ever multiplayer game including things such as pvp, nukes, scavenging, and more. All that set in West Virginia set before all the other Fallout timelines.

The game comes out November 14th.

On top of Fallout 76 we got to see a sneak peek of their newest franchise called Starfield and a sneak peek at what looked liked a new Elder Scrolls.
    Last edited by Kenneth; 06-11-2018 at 02:37 AM.

OwnedCore Report #25
  2. Thanks Nyarly (1 members gave Thanks to Kenneth for this useful post)
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so very sorry but I noticed these and just can't keep it to myself Please don't be mad...

Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    uarter of the way to our 100th Report
    "Quarter"

how "Your service OPSkins ExpressTrade ues Valve's intellectual property and violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement."
    "uses"

On top of Fallout 76 we got to see a sneak peak of their newest franchise called Starfield and a sneak peak at what looked liked a new Elder Scrolls.
    Stealth Mountain (@StealthMountain) on Twitter

But once again, thank you for bringing me gaming news I wouldn't ever know about otherwise.

Kenneth's Avatar ★ Elder ★ WTB XRP Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1063/788
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyarly View Post
    I'm so very sorry but I noticed these and just can't keep it to myself Please don't be mad...

"Quarter"

"uses"

Stealth Mountain (@StealthMountain) on Twitter

But once again, thank you for bringing me gaming news I wouldn't ever know about otherwise.
    lol its all good! I think the Q in quarter went missing when I copied this all over from the news section where i was updating it throughout the day.

What's the last one for? The fallout 76 quote.

EDIT: ah its sneak peek?! man my whole life has been a lie. I don't think an auto correct ever fixes that either because peak is a word too so it just says f it lmao