0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Demonkunga removed from Mod

Well i dont know the full story, I'm sure there's more to this than what appears, but anyways it is not my place or anyone elses place to take a side. As much I'd hate to see DK go, but it is HIS decesion and HIS decesion alone.

To all flamers that are non-moderators:
    Who are you to take sides? Who are you to falme FP or DK?
    No one...
    This is between the moderators at MMOwned and should stay between them.

If you go DK you still have my respect as along with all the other moderators like Flying Piggy, Matt and KuRiOs.

-iaretehfunny?

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see where the argument is DK.
    I will even tell you what the main talking points were when Matt, KuRIoS, and I had a meeting about your future as Mod.

You were demoted for starting flame wars and banning members when they wouldn't bow down to you (thats where I wasn't too happy).
    You were demoted for attempting to backstab a fellow staff team member (thats where KuRIoS wasn't too happy).
    You were demoted for publicly admitting to wishing that Model Editing should be nerfed eventhough you were the Mod of that particular section (thats where Matt wasn't too happy).

Mods have been demoted in the past for far less than that.

The main talking points as to why you should be kept as Mod were:

We like you as a person.
    You cleaned up the Model Editing section very well (better than any previous Mods had done).
    You were a highly active Mod.

When the meeting was over, we thought it may be best if you were given trial Mod tools which are Move/Delete/Edit, within the model editing section.
    But when you removed all the files and picture guides from your mediafire database (thus taking down all your previous contributions), your so called "love" for MMOwned was also put to question and the trial Mod status wasn't given.

At the end of the day, its not your site Demonkunga, the site owner is Matt and hes decisions regarding how he wants his site to be run should be respected.
    But the decision to demote you wasn't taken by Matt alone, it was taken by 3 of the staff members simply because it was not an easy one since we knew that it would be a misunderstood and controversial decision.

Now you ask why I am Super Mod eventhough I have only been a member here for less than a year, well to be honest i don't know for sure but i do have a slight idea why.
    Maybe its the contributions, maybe its the consistent support i provide to our members, maybe its the fact that i have become a trusted member here, maybe its the fact that am highly loyal to MMOwned and its community.
    But the only person who knows why I'm still part of the staff is Matt, so feel free to ask him.
    And if you feel like i have become a Super Mod unfairly, then you are welcome to run a personal investigation on my profile, but don't be surprised if you notice that i have spent a lot of my time on MMOwned (with no regret whatsoever).

Now i hope that this answered your question and ended your staff conspiracy theory, because we have bigger problems right now (mainly the model editing nerf which could end the model editing section).

Demonkunga's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Flying Piggy View Post
    I really don't see where the argument is DK.
    I will even tell you what the main talking points were when Matt, KuRIoS, and I had a meeting about your future as Mod.

You were demoted for starting flame wars and banning members when they wouldn't bow down to you (thats where I wasn't too happy).
    You were demoted for attempting to backstab a fellow staff team member (thats where KuRIoS wasn't too happy).
    You were demoted for publicly admitting to wishing that Model Editing should be nerfed eventhough you were the Mod of that particular section (thats where Matt wasn't too happy).

Mods have been demoted in the past for far less than that.

The main talking points as to why you should be kept as Mod were:

We like you as a person.
    You cleaned up the Model Editing section very well (better than any previous Mods had done).
    You were a highly active Mod.

When the meeting was over, we thought it may be best if you were given trial Mod tools which are Move/Delete/Edit, within the model editing section.
    But when you removed all the files and picture guides from your mediafire database (thus taking down all your previous contributions), your so called "love" for MMOwned was also put to question and the trial Mod status wasn't given.

At the end of the day, its not your site Demonkunga, the site owner is Matt and hes decisions regarding how he wants his site to be run should be respected.
    But the decision to demote you wasn't taken by Matt alone, it was taken by 3 of the staff members simply because it was not an easy one since we knew that it would be a misunderstood and controversial decision.

Now you ask why I am Super Mod eventhough I have only been a member here for less than a year, well to be honest i don't know for sure but i do have a slight idea why.
    Maybe its the contributions, maybe its the consistent support i provide to our members, maybe its the fact that i have become a trusted member here, maybe its the fact that am highly loyal to MMOwned and its community.
    But the only person who knows why I'm still part of the staff is Matt, so feel free to ask him.
    And if you feel like i have become a Super Mod unfairly, then you are welcome to run a personal investigation on my profile, but don't be surprised if you notice that i have spent a lot of my time on MMOwned (with no regret whatsoever).

Now i hope that this answered your question and ended your staff conspiracy theory, because we have bigger problems right now (mainly the model editing nerf which could end the model editing section).
    Thank you for the insightful post Flying Piggy. Yes, it is posts like those that have made you such a great part of MMOwned.

Although I still do not agree with the terms for my demotion, you did answer the questions I had. Pretty thoroughly I might add.

I still love MMOwned and I hope I haven't made any enemies with you, the staff or anyone else.

I removed the files and pictures as I was planning on leaving MMOwned. This is not the right thing to do though. I shouldn't be walking away over losing moderator. I need to sadly admit I do things without thinking. Taking the files down was done without thinking. I have all the files still at Index of /files but you guys already replaced them, so that's fine.

I've decided to stay. As I have been a member for so long, it would be stupid of me to leave.

Well, anyway... thank you for explaining everything.

Flying Piggy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Demonkunga View Post
    Thank you for the insightful post Flying Piggy. Yes, it is posts like those that have made you such a great part of MMOwned.

Although I still do not agree with the terms for my demotion, you did answer the questions I had. Pretty thoroughly I might add.

I still love MMOwned and I hope I haven't made any enemies with you, the staff or anyone else.

I removed the files and pictures as I was planning on leaving MMOwned. This is not the right thing to do though. I shouldn't be walking away over losing moderator. I need to sadly admit I do things without thinking. Taking the files down was done without thinking. I have all the files still at Index of /files but you guys already replaced them, so that's fine.

I've decided to stay. As I have been a member for so long, it would be stupid of me to leave.

I'm glad that you decided to stay with us DK, we need members like you here and your knowledge of model editing may just save model editing if you are willing to take the challenge of reinventing certain model editing techniques.

Last edited by KuRIoS; 10-18-2007 at 01:46 AM.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just before im closing this topic down, within 24 hrs, I will add a few things about our mods:

As you may remember, I was the only supermod on MMOwned for a LONG time and if any of our current staff members were to get their mod position easyhanded then it is me. I got mod back when chazz, Matt and Dwarpy were the only members of the staff, MMOwned wasnt too big and i submitted a lot of quality work - which fast made me the member with 2nd highest reputation. I talked to the staff a lot and suddenly when dwarpy had to go, I was made mod, we later converted normal mods to supermods, so in that perspective i got it easily.

Flying Piggy was chosen to be a mod because of great knowledge and we could see that he would manage to clean up a forum very well. Same goes for alkhara and Marlo. They were green mods for a LONG time, then they were made to supermods when we lost a few other mods and we needed to build a new core team.

Our current green mods are doing a great job in their sections, maybe one day they will rise to become light blue.

Demonkunga, As Flying Piggy said, It was a very tough decission to demote you from the staff because your two sections has never been cleaner, maybe u gave out infractions a bit rough, but yeah u were a good and active mod.
    HOWEVER as FP stated you were removed from mod and with your recent actions (handling without thinking whatsoever) I highly doubt that we will make u a mod again, which is what we were all talking about doing, the removing of your mod was untill next staff meeting where all of the staff would have discussed it and agreed on something.
    I might as well tell you now, but I for one don't want to see you as a part of our staff atm again for the following reasons:

* Backstabbing other members of the staff, it is ok to argue and yell at eachother but by all means dont do it to the public. You tried to put the heat on me with the schlumpf case and you would, most likely, have suceeded if i didnt log on at that very moment. Also that I have seen u a few times in SB "Yeah well Fault is a Moron" in reply to something(wasnt gonna say that but since u are trying to vicimize yourself i am).
    also you did backstab all of the MEE group with releasing what you did, a few days after strictly telling them not to... how can we trust you this time?

Also I do not think that it is appropriate for a mod of a certain section, in your case Model Editing, to say that he hopes that it will die and not be accessable again, Now you are saying that it is because you would like it to be a small group to be able to watch it again - if that is the case then why release what you did, something that was kept to a small part of the community.

I do not think that it is appropriate for a mod to call himself Legendary and THE ONE AND ONLY and to be the first person to nominate himself in the HoF thread, that just screams out "gief Epeen" and I am beginning to wonder your real intentions of releasing what you did.

This may sound harsh and it may also be, but that is how i feel and you told us to say what we felt.
    all that being said, I think you did a good job at modding except what i pointed out.

It is indeed possible for you to regain my respect, it will take time, but continue to contribute and help out the members on mmowned and it will be faster to earn than you think.

Might sound more harsh than it should M8, but I am in a bad mood right now so...
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 10-18-2007 at 01:14 AM.

Dragon[Sky]'s Avatar Anti-social Engineer
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+respect ; )

Phase228's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/clap
    glad your staying DK
    Hey Piggy

qwertymana's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for staying DK

Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    ... Also that I have seen u a few times in SB "Yeah well Fault is a Moron" in reply to something(wasnt gonna say that but since u are trying to vicimize yourself i am)....
    That hurts

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Herzeleid's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Fault View Post

That hurts
    Yah, I've read the SB logs before, Not the nicest of places. Even for you.
    I Wonder why Errage, Dragonsky, and Conflag Pretend to Be Girls. Little Creepy in my Opinion.

Loveshock's Avatar Whip it whip it real hard
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Fault View Post

That hurts

Originally Posted by Neinteen View Post
    Yah, I've read the SB logs before, Not the nicest of places. Even for you.
    That makes me scared to become contrib

lol jk, can't wait to become a contrib

Obex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all of you that want me back:

Why do you want me back? What do I have left to give to MMOwned? I'm not a mod anymore so I can't give modding services. I already released every model editing secret and tool I had. I don't even model edit anymore since my "big release." Supposably this is looked down upon since I want model editing to get nurfed. I hate to say I want it nurfed because I do love model editing, but it is way too popular now. It needs a nurf like that so it can be brought out of the public eye and rise up again later. Because there always will be a way and everyone will eventually find out.

So back to my leaving: I really don't have anything left to give. All I had been doing lately was modding the model editing section. I haven't given any content since the beginning of September. I was trial mod for 3 weeks and full mod for 2, I got my ass flamed to all hell for doing what I felt was the right thing. I really wanted to become super mod because of how much I love mmowned, I feel modding the site is my only way left to contribute. But being demodded for what I feel is a big misunderstanding, while that is a major step backward and I really don't have the time for all this right now. If I had to put this incident on someone, it would be on schlumpf, as he finally got his wish. I am no longer a mod of mmowned and most likely never will be again. Thank you all for your support, but I really see no reason to be here anymore. I like many of you, and just talking to you all is nice, but I can't stay here just for that. I'll read the replies of this post though. Love you guys. -Demonkunga

Mmowned isnt a mod site .... its a community that is why we stay that is why we all stay without the people this site is nothing

No more needs to be said
    Last edited by Obex; 10-19-2007 at 08:51 AM.
    Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

fakey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when is next time?

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by fakey View Post
    when is next time?
    When I'll finally get Inspector Gadget?

(I'll get you next time, Gadget! NEXT TIME!)
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast