44/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Retired" Rank

Hello Ownedcore. I was wondering if you would be interested in adding a "Retired" rank to the title list for those who have simply stopped contributing for a set amount of time. Contributions are what drive this website, and even with it being months from a new xpac for wow, I feel as though this is beneficial in the long run and can possibly even help motivate members and newer people to share to the community.

For example: If someone wasn't to contribute for let's say 3 months, their rank will automatically be changed to "Retired". Now this is kind of controversial because for those who still interact with the website, and within the community probably wouldn't appreciate their rank being changed... but 1 contribution every 3 months isn't that hard of a thing to do.

What do you guys think?

"Retired" Rank
  2. Thanks CreativeXtent, hackerlol, Ket (3 members gave Thanks to VoTuUS for this useful post)
    CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like it. But it may make people feel bad? i dunno. i like it.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

VoTuUS's Avatar Visions of the Unknown CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    44/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    I would like it. But it may make people feel bad? i dunno. i like it.
    I haven't contributed for a long time.... You are kind of right though lol. I'm just trying to think of ideas to help rejuvenate the community again.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by VoTuUS View Post
    I haven't contributed for a long time.... You are kind of right though lol. I'm just trying to think of ideas to help rejuvenate the community again.
    Rewards always motivate.
    I saw post asking about doing game hacking tuts, but nothing came from it.
    I think we may need to help start molding the people on this site as of right now since leech > contributor.
    Maybe do monthly guides for different kind of games ( more popular ones than unpopular ones ), maybe c, c++ and java guides to get people started as well. As knowing some kind of language makes a huge difference.
    If someone wants to take the reigns on some of these what you can do is this.

1 week out, a sign up goes out for a "guide of sorts" to learn. and for the month they learn from the guides ( the amount is dependent on the teacher ) for that topic. and at the end of each month and guide,
    the people whom did the whole lesson though will get a reward of Corecoins, and if there is a test for the guide and they pass they get extra corecoins.

That would educate the members( whom want to ) and it would start to reward them.

Also maybe auto corecoins for contributions would be awesome ( Verified from a mod of course, so, sort of auto )
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

6. Thanks VoTuUS, Ket (2 members gave Thanks to CreativeXtent for this useful post)
    hackerlol's Avatar Admin(kind of) ShoutBox Dweller
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1195/297
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are you saying this 'retired' rank would the same as leecher in terms of forum access and privileges? In that case I don't think this is a good idea.
    It may end up demotivating people. It would make one feel being forced to find something to contribute and the contributions may end up being of questionable quality.
    Last edited by hackerlol; 05-17-2016 at 12:47 AM.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hackerlol View Post
    the contributions may end up being of questionable quality.
    Pretty much this. If I am forced to contribute something every couple of months or so it's not going to be good. I take periodic breaks from WoW, most usually longer than 3 months, and I wouldn't appreciate being forced to contribute something in that timespan. If I were, like hacker said, it would just be some garbage to get me off of the "retired" status (assuming retired makes you lose privileges, if privileges stays the same I guess it's okay, but even still feels more like a drawback).

I don't think "punishing" people for not contributing is the right way to go, you just need to incentivize it more so.