9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How to reward high feedbacked sellers?

throw your suggestions at us.

How to reward high feedbacked sellers?
  2. Thanks D3Boost, kenny_black04 (2 members gave Thanks to KuRIoS for this useful post)
    Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    269/288
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a "trusted sellers" tab at the top next to home, forums, etc that lists all the sellers with high feedback and let them choose which thread it links to or have it link to their user profile.

4. Thanks KuRIoS, D3Boost, kenny_black04, Ket, hackerlol (5 members gave Thanks to Confucius for this useful post)
    D3Boost's Avatar 🔥 www.D3Boost.com 🔥 PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

Thanks G/R
    211/463
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Have a "trusted sellers" tab at the top next to home, forums, etc that lists all the sellers with high feedback and let them choose which thread it links to or have it link to their user profile.
    Not a bad idea actually. Also make it so it requires a certain amount of successful trades (maybe 100+) with a score of 98% positive feedback.

The section would only feature high feedback sellers (not a new trading section) by game and list the sellers from highest feedback to lowest.

But would probably require more exposure than just another tab next to home, maybe some sort of banner somewhere at the top?

EDIT: Or maybe have some sort of border / glow around the thread similar to this:

And make it only available for threads with [Premium] and only 1 allowed per game section, so for example I won't have that for all of my trading threads in the D3 section.
    Last edited by D3Boost; 10-16-2015 at 12:43 PM.
    âś… CONTACT DETAILS âś…

âś… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 âś… SKYPE: d3pleveling âś…

6. Thanks KuRIoS, kenny_black04, Ket, Eryx (4 members gave Thanks to D3Boost for this useful post)
    DiamondStarFall's Avatar Trade Moderator All Time Fav Trader! xD
    Thanks G/R
    72/158
    Trade Feedback
    213 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maybe a trusted trader badge on profile and a trusted trader icon like the premium icon on trade forums

╬Ways of Contact╬
    Skype: Diamondstarfall safe to trade! Always request a pm!
    I DO NOT use KIK or Line. they r imposters!
    Trading Awareness![How to minimize the risks of being scammed!]

8. Thanks KuRIoS, kenny_black04, hackerlol (3 members gave Thanks to DiamondStarFall for this useful post)
    kenny_black04's Avatar Active Member PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES
    Thanks G/R
    34/19
    Trade Feedback
    140 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all thanks for just having this thought, of rewarding high repped sellers somehow ! Means alot !

I made a post couple weeks ago with this theme and already actions had been taken : splitting the D3 Forum into D3 accounts trade subforum and D3 powerleveling services subforum.Again thanks alot for that, as our threads can now be found easier in the list and with bump+autobump activated you dont get to jump in page 2 anymore, as oftenly happened before.

When we talked there about rewarding high repped sellers, you said stickies are out of discussion so my sugestion was to maybe decrease the autobump timer from 6hrs to maybe 4hrs.

Also, on other websites, without having a good rep, u arent allowed to provide a particular kind of services, in my case, Diablo 3 - Piloted services, where the customer has to share his/her login information.I know its a longshot and prolly wont agree with it but this could be a reward for us aswell, as we detach this way from the regular sellers (or new entries who mostly have no experience into piloting someones account).I`m active in Diablo 3 section only, i dont really know how this measure could be implemented in other games forums, but its just a suggestion

The third suggestion that i can think about is making some kind of border around a highrepped seller`s thread, or make it bold somehow, so it can easily atract attention.

Last thing i can think about is giving a new type of badge but along the other ones (contribuitor,donator,proseller etc) with "trusted seller" as Confucius suggested, so you dont have to make a new special tab, if somehow this would make your work easier

Anyways, thanks again for the good thought, keep up the good work !

10. Thanks KuRIoS, Ket, hackerlol (3 members gave Thanks to kenny_black04 for this useful post)
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with rewarding high feedback sellers, but I think the extent in which they are rewarded should be carefully considered.

Mainly, the reward needs to be an addition for those sellers who've worked for high feedback, but it shouldn't be a detraction from those who don't have as much feedback, or any feedback if they're not using premium threads. There have been sites in the past where the high reputation/feedback sellers have been too far removed and separated from the "regular" sellers, and all it's served is community segregation and loss of interest from new sellers coming into the game, because chances are their thread would never be seen or noticed as those high rep sellers are pushed to the front in so many situations.

That being said, I have some ideas. Ignore colour choices, I've had a bit to drink and these were quick mockups:

A coloured background for sellers that meet the criteria. It stands out from other threads, but it doesn't detract from other sellers in the thread.

Like eBay, coloured icons for different feedback levels. A nice visual indication of sellers feedback while browsing thread listings.

Separate section that is not default for browsing. It's cool to have separate section that requires x amount of feedback to have a thread in, as long as it's not the default section, for example, when they click WoW Buy/Sell/Trade. It would allow people who want to go straight to sellers who have lots of feedback the option to do so, but it also allows them to browse all normal threads as usual.

12. Thanks D3Boost, kenny_black04, DiamondStarFall, Dovah, Ket, hackerlol (6 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    D3Boost's Avatar 🔥 www.D3Boost.com 🔥 PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES

Thanks G/R
    211/463
    Trade Feedback
    247 (100%)
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agree with Smitten, definitely not a new trade section, and I do like the idea of highlighting threads. Maybe have the stars function depending on how much feedback you have.

1-49:
    50-99: ★★
    100-149: ★★★
    150-199: ★★★★
    200+: ★★★★★

Just a thought.
    Last edited by D3Boost; 10-16-2015 at 12:53 PM.
    âś… CONTACT DETAILS âś…

âś… DISCORD: D3Boost#2193 âś… SKYPE: d3pleveling âś…

14. Thanks Ket (1 members gave Thanks to D3Boost for this useful post)
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to reward high feedbacked sellers?-ss-2015-08-27-07-57-19-jpg
    Ignore this

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

16. Thanks KuRIoS (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    Ket's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
    I agree with rewarding high feedback sellers, but I think the extent in which they are rewarded should be carefully considered.

Mainly, the reward needs to be an addition for those sellers who've worked for high feedback, but it shouldn't be a detraction from those who don't have as much feedback, or any feedback if they're not using premium threads. There have been sites in the past where the high reputation/feedback sellers have been too far removed and separated from the "regular" sellers, and all it's served is community segregation and loss of interest from new sellers coming into the game, because chances are their thread would never be seen or noticed as those high rep sellers are pushed to the front in so many situations.

That being said, I have some ideas. Ignore colour choices, I've had a bit to drink and these were quick mockups:

A coloured background for sellers that meet the criteria. It stands out from other threads, but it doesn't detract from other sellers in the thread.

Like eBay, coloured icons for different feedback levels. A nice visual indication of sellers feedback while browsing thread listings.

Separate section that is not default for browsing. It's cool to have separate section that requires x amount of feedback to have a thread in, as long as it's not the default section, for example, when they click WoW Buy/Sell/Trade. It would allow people who want to go straight to sellers who have lots of feedback the option to do so, but it also allows them to browse all normal threads as usual.
    The ability to have unique backgrounds is something we have looked at in the past. We even have a plugin for that ability. The only challenge is having a background that is fitting for the forum, which is tough to find.

Also, we've obviously been working at trying to clean up the cluttered design of the trade forums and all the different colors contribute to that. So that is a concern but we definitely can give this idea and all other ideas a try on our test forums etc.

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ket View Post
    Also, we've obviously been working at trying to clean up the cluttered design of the trade forums and all the different colors contribute to that.
    That's true. I suppose a lighter variation could also be less jarring and clutter-y.

That being said, to reduce the clutter overall would probably require a rework of the whole thread title system, especially colours and bold/non-bold. If that were to happen, something for those sellers could be factored in during it.

I have no clue, I'm tired. lol

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
    That's true. I suppose a lighter variation could also be less jarring and clutter-y.

That being said, to reduce the clutter overall would probably require a rework of the whole thread title system, especially colours and bold/non-bold. If that were to happen, something for those sellers could be factored in during it.

I have no clue, I'm tired. lol
    Well a bit of that should have happened yesterday with the new fonts, etc. However, more changes/adjustments will be made as that IS what we are trying to do.

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

Thanks G/R
    269/288
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by D3Pleveling View Post
    Agree with Smitten, definitely not a new trade section, and I do like the idea of highlighting threads. Maybe have the stars function depending on how much feedback you have.

1-49:
    50-99: ★★
    100-149: ★★★
    150-199: ★★★★
    200+: ★★★★★

Just a thought.
    Having stars seems a bit redundant with already showing trade feedback. I think it would have a negative impact on the people who don't trade often more than having a benefit for the big sellers. Since only seeing 1/5 stars would be off putting.

21. Thanks kenny_black04 (1 members gave Thanks to Confucius for this useful post)
    kenny_black04's Avatar Active Member PROFESSIONAL BOOSTING SERVICES
    Thanks G/R
    34/19
    Trade Feedback
    140 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Having stars seems a bit redundant with already showing trade feedback. I think it would have a negative impact on the people who don't trade often more than having a benefit for the big sellers. Since only seeing 1/5 stars would be off putting.
    Couldnt agree more, good point!