81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove attachment confirmation

Is there any reason for confirmation? They're rarely confirmed and it's just annoying for legitimate posters. Here's a few reasons I don't understand your current setup:

1. Uploading the files still stores it on the server until it's confirmed or denied - it can't be a server space issue.
    2. People can link to whatever files on whichever file hosts they want - it can't be a safety issue.
    3. People can embed whatever images they want from other file hosts - it can't be a content issue.

What's the deal? I believe we had the virus scan rule removed for the same reason; it's completely redundant. The site already openly allows you to work around the moderators and breaking the rules is the choice of the poster (linking to other sites, etc.) - another important thing I should bring up is that these rules are very rarely broken.

Rather than interfering with the occasional posts that actually use the attachment feature, wouldn't it be a better idea to allow attachments and check for rule-breakers every so often? It seems a bit backward at the moment, and it's clearly not working.

Jadd.

Remove attachment confirmation
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    its working fine, use external sites if you want ur stuff hosted asap. furthermore, our attachments only allow very small file sizes, so your next suggestion would be. "Allow bigger files for attachments". In all honesty, I see it working perfectly fine!

Jadd's Avatar 🐸 Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    81/333
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    its working fine, use external sites if you want ur stuff hosted asap. furthermore, our attachments only allow very small file sizes, so your next suggestion would be. "Allow bigger files for attachments". In all honesty, I see it working perfectly fine!
    The file size limits are perfectly reasonable. I just don't see the point of attachments at all when it takes up to a week to confirm them. Why not just remove attachments completely? At least that way, everyone would have to use an external host and we could see images posted by unfamiliar users, straight after the thread is posted. This is the real concern, and it's the whole reason I made this thread.

Can we get anyone elses opinion in here?

HighFred's Avatar Master Sergeant Pro RBG and Proving Grounds booster! CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree in removing this. When you pointed out those 3 reasons, you're totally right, and if you then need to upload a bigger file, you could use an external host.

It's annoying to have to upload to an external website. also when watching a newcomer post something here, they don't know they should use external hosts to share something.

/agree!

Thunderofnl's Avatar Elite User C# / Java / PHP Programmer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with removing it too, people who are new to the site and would like to contribute most of the time upload their images an an attachement in which the community needs to wait more then a week before it gets confirmed.

Well yeah thats my opinion.