Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a bit long post, my apologies.
    Originally Posted by ~OddBall~ View Post
    Don't think you are meant to suggest new boards

Secondly, wtf would you play a game where scamming is allowed, I imagine you'd get a community like Runescape where everyones like "lawl gief armour I shall trim it for you" *wink wink nudgey fkn nudge*

Thirdly, it has been made pretty clear MMOwned does no longer want to be associated with scamming in any shape or form.

Fourthly, this game is old as hell, I tried it, personally didn't find it at all fun and know absolutely nobody that plays it. I think Aion has a lot more than 300,000 subscribers.

IMHO I don't think this is a good idea.
    I was going to start this sentence with "No offence", but then I realized I couldn't continue without lying.
    2: Well, imagine a game where people are grown up, and behave like normal people. If you can do that, then you can probably see how EVE works, and how scams needs to be even more solid the the ones for WoW gold and accounts.
    3: I can't say I'm feeling so strong on this one, since it's been a long while since I've been here I actually don't know why. But the scamming is allowed in game, and I'm sure that MMOwned is against the grey zone, between allowed and not allowed. It is in fact a gameplay mechanic, and isn't really that huge unless you end up with bad company.
    4:I just need to quote you again.
    Originally Posted by ~OddBall~ View Post
    Fourthly, this game is old as hell, I tried it, personally didn't find it at all fun and know absolutely nobody that plays it. I think Aion has a lot more than 300,000 subscribers.
    Let's beat the shit out of your first statement.
    Eve was released the 6th of May 2003.
    WoW was released the 23th of November, 2004.

Yes, there is a one year difference, but the idea of hell is over 2000 years old, so saying that it's "old as hell" is like stamping "fail" on your forehead.

Your last thought is that it's not fun and that you don't know anyone who plays it.
    It is... alright, it's your opinion, but not really neccesary. Sadly, a decission like this will not be taken because of what you, or I think.
    EVE is a game more suited for... Well, it's hard to explain, what I'm trying to say is that normally groups of friends play it. And if their friends doesn't play it, they often don't. This, of course, is not true in all cases, but in many it is.

Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Maybe make one in the shared lounge? Just a small general one
    I agree with you. I don't there there needs to be more forums right now, unless it is a small subforum like that. Hopefully it'll be more popular then the current Aion forums >_<

Originally Posted by Deadly Tomato View Post
    Next we're going to need an Adventure Quest section just for certain members. Then hell, why don't we get a runescape section while we're at it. We all love 12 year olds don't we? *smirk*
    I do agree that there are probably a bit to many forums right now, but comparing the players of EVE and 12 year olds is like comparing a fusion generator to the solar panel in a calculator.

Originally Posted by DrLecter View Post
    <sarcasm> Totally... </sarcasm>

No but really, EvE has great potential as a section here. Runescape already has a plethora of crap sites to go look at. As for adventure quest, never heard of the game, and don't plan to learn about it.
    I don't know. I do know that there are few exploting forums for EVE, so MMOwned gets established as a site like that, then there will no doubt be a source of new members. Looking at the maturity of most EVE players, those will probably also be good members.
    Though, creating the forum as a sub forum to the shared lounge will probably kill this chance.

Personally (writing this part in hope that someone finds my opinions worth reading [/emo]) I think that this will probably not work well unless some members do some good working promoting it. As I mentioned somewhere up there in the wall of text, if MMOwned gets established, it'll work well from there.
    On a very small sidenote, the only good bots out there for EVE is for innerspace, so MMOwned could probably get a small refeer bonus (if there is one?) if this works out.

Totally unrelated:
    This is my first post in aageeeesss
    FOR A MOMENT, NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN, AFTER A SECOND OR SO, NOTHING CONTINUED TO HAPPEN.

EVE Online Section
    ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warsheep! Long time no see!

Anyway, aside from thread derailment, I'd love to see an EVE section. I've been playing it a bit recently (one of my friends subscribes and suggested I try it), and it's really good, though stupidly large. I reckon a bunch of guides wouldn't go amiss, the players are much more grown up than in most MMOs, it's just generally a great game, and it'd be worth having here. As others have said, certainly start with just a small section in shared.

Praesto's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started eve could use the help ^_^

xsx's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing EvE for some time and it will be nice to see a section for this game at least

Skyld's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I would love to see an EvE section, too.

r3deemer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing eve about 4months ago, i greatly enjoyed it, but stopped playing it after feeling quite alone. I reckon having a sub-forum setup for guides/bots/whatever would help a large number of people who started playing the game get a sense of community with like minded people (i know it sounds like a dating site ad but it is true).

--- Thanks Enfeebleness

warsheep's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I see that this post has not been locked yet, I asume there is a faint possebility for EVE.

I did mention a lot of advantages I see in the top post, so please be gentle if I repeat myself.

Seen in the eyes of the exploiters:
    EVE is a highly player driven world. There are few rules regardning in game player behaviour, with the exception of racism and that regular stuff. Scamming is looked upon as gameplay, which not only gives the entire game a more mature feeling, but also makes this site ideal for such a game.
    In the scamming front, we can have plenty of content regarding EVE. There is little chance that CCP (creators of EVE) will do anything. In comparison, it's just as likely Blizzard will stop a guild site for WoW. As mentioned, this is ideal for MMOwned.
    In the botting/hacking front, EVE will be a feast for us. EVE itself is mainly built on Python. To pull up another example (please note that I aint a programmer, so there are flaws with it, but it serves it's purpose): Imagine if WoW was made in AutoIt, in a way where you could add in a way to pull out the functions of the client, into your scripts. Getting the amount of money would be no harder then eve.getisk().
    EVE has no client side bot detection. This adds to the already long list of why EVE can be botters heaven!

I would make a short list for the avarage player,
    but there are lots of better places to find such a list. In short, if you are looking for a game where tactics, a bit of patience and being smart are the core of the game.

If EVE continues to be a possebility, I'll try to make a larger list. I've just started to get into EVE again, and I'd without doubt be interested to get some fellow MMOwned members with me.

Exploit wise, we are entering a bit of a greyzone. Exploiting other players stupidity is perfectly allowed, and almost encouraged. Exploiting gameplay mechanics is however not allowed.
    FOR A MOMENT, NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN, AFTER A SECOND OR SO, NOTHING CONTINUED TO HAPPEN.

Equ1N0X's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is MMOwned.
    There's Aion, AoC, Darkfall and Warhammer, not to mention the WoW sections.
    What's not to say EVE will be just as popular as those aforementioned titles?

I know of no better place than here to post uber exploits, guides, elite guides, bots and such than MMOwned.
    I am an avid fan of Eve, and I know that it is a very niche game, mostly because they are willing to make a game hard for idiots to play despite the cost to subscribers due to it.

While EVE is amazing, the number of players in the game who stay beyond trial numbers just under 400k, meaning that if wow is to be an example [5% attendance to mmowned] then Eve would garner perhaps about 15,000 members if EVE's population does not grow.

While having full out section for it is a little drastic, i think it would not be uncalled for to give it a subsection in exploits and/or hacks/bots

warsheep's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Equ1N0X View Post
    I am an avid fan of Eve, and I know that it is a very niche game, mostly because they are willing to make a game hard for idiots to play despite the cost to subscribers due to it.

While EVE is amazing, the number of players in the game who stay beyond trial numbers just under 400k, meaning that if wow is to be an example [5% attendance to mmowned] then Eve would garner perhaps about 15,000 members if EVE's population does not grow.

While having full out section for it is a little drastic, i think it would not be uncalled for to give it a subsection in exploits and/or hacks/bots
    I agree with you, an entire section would be too much. The current setup for Aion I think could be good enough. Though; I'd like EVE to be aviable for the public.

For all you donators +, I've set up a quick thread in the shared section regarding EVE. And I normally wouldn't advertise a thread, but I'd like people to use it if they are interested in EVE or might want to try it out. Look on it as a temporary forum >_<
    If anyone disagrees with my point (that it's ok to point to my thread), and want me to remove this, then I'll remove it.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see this happening. But maybe Star Trek Online will get its on section. We'll just have to wait and see how popular it is.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

DrLecter's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if STO get a section then there should be an EVE Section.
    I mean it is MMOwned after all.

I can forsee the section working well with guides and such, maybe regular contributions but not to the extent of WoW Contributions.

EVE is an MMO, so there really is no reason why there shouldn't be one here, if there will be a STO section.

I also think when SWtOR is released it should have a section, as it will be a massively popular game, again, no reason why there shouldn't be an EVE section if there will be any of the above two.

It may not be hugely successful, but it wont be a disaster.

There has been significant interest in this thread, and there probably is more out there that haven't noticed, or aren't members.

Forever's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is MMOwned.
    There's Aion, AoC, Darkfall and Warhammer, not to mention the WoW sections.
    What's not to say EVE will be just as popular as those aforementioned titles?

I know of no better place than here to post uber exploits, guides, elite guides, bots and such than MMOwned.
    And how exactly did those sections go?
    AoC - Dead
    Darkfall - Dead
    Warhammer - Dead
    Aion - Dead.
    WoW - Popular

If EVE is gonna be just like the other sections then gl getting a special section for that. Most of the arguments here are comparable to those that were brought up for the Aion section and look what has come from that section.. nothing really if you ask me.

I just think everything for those games should go in Gaming Chat and if you have something special to share and don't want it in the public then just do it in shared lounge/contrib lounge or higher since those sections are for pretty much everything.

DrLecter's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been some posts in the last few days, if you consider it dead... Well, small communities all over the place not restricted to games must be dead to thou, as ye are the knower of all things great and small, thusly you haveth the judgement whether things are alive, or dead, ye knower of all things great and small.

Exaggeration aside, read it again.

IMO small communities are the best. MMOwned wasn't big from day 1 you know.
    Still, AoC only has about 100,000 subscribers, Aion may not be for everyones tastes, and most DF exploits AFAIK will still work.

Having said that EVE has great potential for anything MMOwned can provide, as generally EvE players have a higher average IQ, and are of older age, and of older-mental-maturity.

Then again, it is a niche when comparing to MMOwned's majority users :-)

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    And how exactly did those sections go?
    AoC - Dead
    Darkfall - Dead
    Warhammer - Dead
    Aion - Dead.
    WoW - Popular
    And the sections other than WoW were created when those games were just out/about to come out. EVE has been around for a while now, so where the other lot were YEAH SECTION IT'LL BE AWESOME and the game failing, this is a game which is established.

Obama's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    And the sections other than WoW were created when those games were just out/about to come out. EVE has been around for a while now, so where the other lot were YEAH SECTION IT'LL BE AWESOME and the game failing, this is a game which is established.

Reid's got a point. The other sections were released based on hype and the games ended up not being that amazing. Eve has a core player base that it has got from 6 years of being a game.

Donator 6/2008.
    Contrib 8/2008.Elite 10/2008.Newsteam 11/2008.Legendary 2/2009.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast