0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vimeo streaming.

Vimeo is much better than youtube, and many prefer it over youtube now, because youtube is having some sort of siz issue.

Vimeo loads fast and streams in very good quality, even HD.

So why can't we allow Vimeo streams here? (and on fpsowned, since everyone is using Vimeo instead of youtube for the contest)

Vimeo streaming.
    warsheep's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree to this, because .. Well, Vimeo is just plain better then Youtube at so
    many parts. Not that Youtube streaming need to be removed, but Vimeo should
    be added. If this was a vote, YES from me.
    FOR A MOMENT, NOTHING HAPPENED. THEN, AFTER A SECOND OR SO, NOTHING CONTINUED TO HAPPEN.

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Lex View Post
    Vimeo is much better than youtube, and many prefer it over youtube now, because youtube is having some sort of siz issue.

Vimeo loads fast and streams in very good quality, even HD.

So why can't we allow Vimeo streams here? (and on fpsowned, since everyone is using Vimeo instead of youtube for the contest)

There's supposed to be a 10 minute size limit on Youtube videos, but I've never had an issue making a video less than 10 min to get the point across, but even if it has been over 10, it's uploaded fine for me.

Youtube just seems more standard since everyone has used it before. It uploads fast too and can also be viewed in HD. Youtube > all other video uploading sites IMO

Dark_Angel's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Heftydogg View Post
    There's supposed to be a 10 minute size limit on Youtube videos, but I've never had an issue making a video less than 10 min to get the point across, but even if it has been over 10, it's uploaded fine for me.

Youtube just seems more standard since everyone has used it before. It uploads fast too and can also be viewed in HD. Youtube > all other video uploading sites IMO
    This is very true, but not everyone sees it that way, I mean, Yes Youtube is what I use, but sometimes I use Vimeo to host my Really long video tutorials on photoshop (Yes, I do a little photoshop, No, I don't do it much anymore) because youtube doesn't seem to get the job done, And it doesn't hurt for us to just add this feature because some people would like to upload a very big movie but simply can't because of youtube.
    I agree completely with this suggestion,

~Dark_Angel

XMOD- Greenies are disgusting! Corrupt 2d was here~

Igsy's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, most skate videos I watch now (since I'm a blader) are hosted on vimeo.
    Mainly because it streams faster, has better quality, and people can make use of those HD cameras the saved up thousands for to film with.
    This is an awesome idea though, I hold so much more love for vimeo than youtube.
    "A little pink goes a long way."

Photoshop Roxx. :lmao:

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Igsy View Post
    I agree, most skate videos I watch now (since I'm a blader) are hosted on vimeo.
    Mainly because it streams faster, has better quality, and people can make use of those HD cameras the saved up thousands for to film with.
    This is an awesome idea though, I hold so much more love for vimeo than youtube.
    Then continue using it for your skater videos. We're talking about streaming things for the site. And Like D_A said, it's nice for longer videos -- so upload videos that are too big for youtube and then just post the link. The ratio of Vimeo : youtube video uploads on this site have to be around 1:75. Waste to add in a streamer for every little exception.

Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then continue using it for your skater videos. We're talking about streaming things for the site. And Like D_A said, it's nice for longer videos -- so upload videos that are too big for youtube and then just post the link. The ratio of Vimeo : youtube video uploads on this site have to be around 1:75. Waste to add in a streamer for every little exception.
    Well don't take what I said the wrong way, I think we should have a streaming feature for Vimeo, just because youtube out numbers it 75 to 1, Doesn't mean we shouldn't allow the people who want to stream Vimeo. For the time being, youtube isn't streaming, along with Vimeo on Fpsowned, It was before we updated though, So IMO I think while we are fixing the Youtube streaming on fpsowned, why not at the same time add Vimeo streaming for the people who use that?
    But I can completely see where your Coming from Hefty, but why stay the same when we can upgrade improvements?

~Dark_Angel

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cause everyone wants to change things that are fine the way they are. The site was exceptional before FPSOwned, it was exceptional before AoC. These are side-grades, not up-grades. If we want to expand and try to cover everything, our strong points like WoW are going to become not so strong. Don't get me wrong, I believe we'll always be the #1 WoW hacking site, but that's what we should be, the #1 WoW hacking site.

All these upgrades aren't changing much. We've been gaining about 1k members per day, but all that's adding to is the amount of leechers. Matt said the other day that 200,000 of our user base is leechers, pretty bad. We're having to upgrade to more servers (Which is nice, much speedier ^^) But why waste the time and code to add in streamers for rarely used video uploading sites and such?

There's 2 videos on FPSOwned that have used Vimeo, not 'everyone'. And I have yet to see a Vimeo video on the WoW section of the site. Just if we're going to totally slice and dice the purity of MMOwned as a World of Warcraft site, just totally obliterate it.

Add expansions for every other game, add streamers for Google video, Live video, hell add some for Stickam players. Let's stream music too while we're at it, and add a blogging section. Let's add a file and image uploading section to the site. Let's setup an MMOwned currency to make trades between all these site-expansions easier. Sell all your WoW stuff for 10k MMOwnedGold and then buy that much in AoC stuff for example. Let's add subforums for every little picky detail that we can cut and divide threads into.

I think I've made my point, why change something that's fine the way it is? If this is such a big deal for the 2 videos on FPSowned that are from Vimeo, why not post it in the FPSOwned suggestion forum? It's unnecessary on this side of the site.

Edit:
    Originally Posted by Dark_Angel View Post
    For the time being, youtube isn't streaming, along with Vimeo on Fpsowned
    There are a lot of things on FPSOwned that aren't working right. I think the admins/mods should worry about the site functioning properly before adding shiny detail to it like more streaming options. Especially since this contest is likely to draw atleast some new people to the site.

I'm all for promoting, but would be nice for the viewers to be promoted to a site that looks clean and works well.
    Last edited by Heftydogg; 06-06-2008 at 05:46 PM.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hefty, the two sites are running on the same core. An update on one affects the other.

And what is there to complain about? All it would do is add an extra function. It doesn't detract in any way. The AoC thing I perfectly agree with, tbh I don't think we should have it (MMOwned - World of Warcraft Exploits, Hacks, Bots and Guides). But this is just an extra post thing. It doesn't hurt to have.

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ReidE96 View Post
    Hefty, the two sites are running on the same core. An update on one affects the other.

And what is there to complain about? All it would do is add an extra function. It doesn't detract in any way. The AoC thing I perfectly agree with, tbh I don't think we should have it (MMOwned - World of Warcraft Exploits, Hacks, Bots and Guides). But this is just an extra post thing. It doesn't hurt to have.
    Heh, I wish the updates were the same on one site to another. Then FPSOwned wouldn't be so buggy. And I don't really care if this is added, not gonna complain about it. Just would make more sense to take care of things that are needed before we worry about what we want, especially in this case, where there really isn't a large purpose to having it added. "Let's make the skin to the site red and gray" ??? We could, it might be nice, but why? There's no real legit need or reason to mess with it.

Thanks G/R
    2/5
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I wish the updates were the same on one site to another. Then FPSOwned wouldn't be so buggy. And I don't really care if this is added, not gonna complain about it. Just would make more sense to take care of things that are needed before we worry about what we want, especially in this case, where there really isn't a large purpose to having it added. "Let's make the skin to the site red and gray" ??? We could, it might be nice, but why? There's no real legit need or reason to mess with it.
    Yes, I agree with you that there are some buggy things that we need to fix, but the Streaming can be a big deal, especially with this contest we are having over there. And to be honest, if you visit the site, there aren't really THAT many bugs, the only bugs to me is the reputation, and thats about it.
    And I totally agree with you that this should have been posted in Fpsowned instead of here, which isn't my fault or concern. And there is a purpose on adding this, and Fixing youtube, its so people don't have to click a link for every single video when they could rather just go on the same page and watch all the movies at once, and doing so really improves the contest thread. There are some people who use Vimeo here, I can even and example of who. Demonkunga used it to host some of his Videos that he took to go to GM island.
    I didn't say LOTS of people used it, I only said some, and even with that some, we need to make them happy. Vimeo is getting more popular by the day, and so are we, so we need to adjust a bit to fill everyones needs.
    Like I said before, I understand where you are coming from, Just you have to understand that some simple things like this are sometimes needed to be added to make it better for the smaller community who uses it.

~Dark_Angel

Errage's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could, you know, just post a link for people to click? Not a huge deal.

YouTube is still much more popular, it's fine the way it is IMO.
    I used to be a Super Mod. Now I'm just Super, thanks for asking.