6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seller recovered account a few months after purchase

I purchased a WoW account from someone here a few months ago... yesterday I got an email notification that the account email had been changed back.

I'm not sure how he did it, given that the email and phone had been changed. I guess he made a claim with blizzard.

What are my options? How should buyers deal with this in general? It seems like no matter what happens the seller can say they got hacked, submit a bunch of ID, and get the account back.

As a last resort could I possibly try to report the sale to blizzard and just get the account banned?

Seller recovered account a few months after purchase
    Razzue's Avatar Contributor Avid Ailurophile

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    187/268
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're kinda SOL there. Not much recourse unless the site that they sold through has some kind of buyer protection.

You COULD report the account for irl sales (provide proof) and hope they get banned.. but no guarantees they will be sadly.

CaptainCode's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Razzue View Post
    You're kinda SOL there. Not much recourse unless the site that they sold through has some kind of buyer protection.

You COULD report the account for irl sales (provide proof) and hope they get banned.. but no guarantees they will be sadly.
    Yeah the site is this site -- the Terms for the middleman service say that once the trade is complete we take no responsibility.

Just curious what the actual solution is. Otherwise it seems any seller can just reclaim the account eventually.

This seems to invalidate the entire concept of selling an account as you're basically just hoping the seller won't screw you over later.
    Last edited by CaptainCode; 01-19-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Razzue's Avatar Contributor Avid Ailurophile

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    187/268
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jacquelynnorris123 View Post
    I'm sorry that you fell victim to this scammer. All I can advise you is to contact only reliable sellers (whom your friends will recommend to you) or reliable services. For example, to those who will write my essay for affordable price Write My Essay For Me: Quality Essays Written For You[/url] I know for sure that there is no deception here and you get what you pay your money for. I recommend this essay writing service because I myself have used it many times!
    "Sorry you got scammed, here's another one/an advertisement!!"

Bug right off. 😂

*Edited to be a lil less rude :P
    Last edited by Razzue; 09-08-2022 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Removed spam URL from quote
    "May all your bacon burn"