0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Show off] Been a while :)

well its been a long time since i've done some graphics so here are 2 sigs i've done in about 10 mins

and this one

please rate and comment nicely no flaming please it's been a while

[Show off] Been a while :)
    CarlosJ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definately has been a while, where you been?!
    out of the two my preference is the second one, the first to me doesn't look the same standard that i know you can produce. the piece is very contrasted and because of this lacks depth. i like the sort of fiery effect to it but it doesn't work so well because it blends with the render too much making it look a bit flat.
    the second one i prefer alot more, i think theres some nice smudging especially the right side to give depth to the piece and the colours all work well together. text?lighting works well in this to help with the depth along with the sharpening and blurring effects.
    overall for 10 minutes work they look good, i think the outcomes are understandable for that amount of time and for the time you've been out of graphics. good to see you back, now just spend a bit more time on your pieces and i'm sure you're results will improve

Love isn't an emotion or an instinct - it is an Art

micko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd one looks good nice work

Syplex23's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CarlosJ View Post
    definately has been a while, where you been?!
    out of the two my preference is the second one, the first to me doesn't look the same standard that i know you can produce. the piece is very contrasted and because of this lacks depth. i like the sort of fiery effect to it but it doesn't work so well because it blends with the render too much making it look a bit flat.
    the second one i prefer alot more, i think theres some nice smudging especially the right side to give depth to the piece and the colours all work well together. text?lighting works well in this to help with the depth along with the sharpening and blurring effects.
    overall for 10 minutes work they look good, i think the outcomes are understandable for that amount of time and for the time you've been out of graphics. good to see you back, now just spend a bit more time on your pieces and i'm sure you're results will improve

hehe a long holiday and a few months starting up some twinks on wow but now im back and doing graphics . anyway on topic the tiger one i tried to get the tiger unseeable and get alot of fiery things with it i sorta don't realy know how to get depth in a sig. was trying to get the impression that the tiger was running fast. And in the second one i was trying to get more depth in the sig not knowing how.. and wit hthe second one having text umm well it didn't really fit well with text so i left it blank but anyway i did them in a fair short amount of time. thanks for the feedback good to know theres someone to help you also im not sure what you mean when it looks flat is it because the legs are missing i kinda replaced em with the fiery things
    Last edited by Syplex23; 08-22-2008 at 07:13 AM.

CarlosJ's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vemonous View Post
    also im not sure what you mean when it looks flat is it because the legs are missing i kinda replaced em with the fiery things

when i say flat i am referring to the depth. i.e. the render seems to be at the same level all throughout
    look at this image:
    each element looks to be at a different level (background, foreground etc.)
    it looks flat because the tiger needs shadows corresponding to the light source. e.g. if the light source was at his face the tiger would have a bright face and very dark back legs. its to do with perspective and helps to make the piece look more realistic.
    you can simply add shadows with a black brush on a new layer, put it on a low opacity and alter the layer properties depending on the style of the sig.
    or you can always use the burn/dodge tool when you are finished with a piece. just "apply image" of your final piece without shadows and then burn/dodge this new layer, then alter the opacity a bit and put it over the original "final without shadows"
    sorry if thats a bit confusing:confused: (just say if it is and i'll try to explain myself better, hope it helps somehow)

tbh just simple lighting, and some shadows can help with depth alot, c4ds will also help a bit with depth once you get used to lighting and brushing in shadows. however the c4ds will help with the flow of the sig more than the depth at times, but it all depends on the c4d you pick.

Love isn't an emotion or an instinct - it is an Art

Syplex23's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh i understand now thanks carlos