1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Exploration] Uninstanced Zones

What is a game without some exploration of zones that you really shouldn't be able to get to? Well, as an explorer, I'd say not much.

The first thing I have found is that if you explore outside your current map, the whole world (and more) is available. Except that each zone is instanced in effect. If you go to the other zones you can see their zone chat (much like how in the cave in ZG in WoW you could enter Silithus chat) and explore, but there are no NPCs of any sort, nor players. Also, it would seem that for some reason you will take damage randomly, as if from fall damage but on seemingly flat surfaces. I do not know why this is so, but it's almost like the textures in the uninstanced zones are less refined.

1. From the very first zone I was in as Dominion (Levian Bay) go north to the cliffs at the northmost part of the map. You will need to climb some mountains here. (I do not know if it can be reached simply by the ocean at the north face of the island, as I encountered deadly fatigue in some spots and suspect they would have put fatigue near the normally accessible areas.)
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    2. Swim along the mountains to the East. Eventually you will see a green beam shooting down from a storm in the sky. Keep swimming towards it. There are some odd mountains throughout the sea you can climb too, but beware of the fatigue. It will kill you fast if you miss the warning.
    3. Start heading SouthEast to avoid the fatigue once you can no longer see yourself on the map.
    3b. (unnecessary) There will eventually be a mountain you can climb, but due to map restrictions it would be hard for me to show exactly where (you can however see your icon on the world map, you will be close to Wilderrun, about an inch away on most 1280 resolutions) Climb on up! At some point, there's a bit of untextured land, for those entertained by the sight of it.
    4. Eventually you will see green that you can climb onto, and the skybox will be forest instead of storm. There is a sloped mountain that can be climbed after exploring the green area for a while. Climb as far to the top as possible. (at about 10 meters from the top you won't be able to go further without risking falling. Would like to see someone claim the top!)
    5. From the top(ish) of the mountain, head toward the jungle. Remember to use back-hopping to negate fall damage from some of these big cliffs (a method of jumping into the mountain as you are falling along a slope). Head for the northernmost bit of Wilderrun and use the metal construct to jump down. (at the tree before the construct, go to the right side, I think you will get stuck on the left side.)
    6. Go exploring Wilderrun. This zone is late 30s early 40s, and I was having fun running around on my level 4. =) Just be aware that it is difficult to kill yourself in this zone, so make note of the cliffs near where you entered. To kill yourself, make sure to jump onto one of the flat rocks below, NOT into the ocean.
    All who possess the blade go mad.

[Exploration] Uninstanced Zones
    Nyarly's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Lorekeeper of Exploration
    Thanks G/R
    367/314
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niiiiiiiice.

lolhacks123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before cata in wow, there were many ways of getting to areas where people could not go, you could even find easter eggs where devs used to use textures to say random stuff.

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolhacks123 View Post
    Before cata in wow, there were many ways of getting to areas where people could not go, you could even find easter eggs where devs used to use textures to say random stuff.
    uh, you can still do that now..

Muramasa's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolhacks123 View Post
    I was only referencing WoW regarding the zone chat while not technically being in that instanced zone. We've all pretty much explored the fock out've WoW on this site. XD
    All who possess the blade go mad.