Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with you, and i am sure their developers are all fully aware of methods to prevent that sort of thing. but it takes a great deal of time as well as high performance servers to handle such a workload while at the same time giving their customers the gameplay experience they expect.

and judging by the looks of things now, it will probably go live without that sort of system. but then again I don't have the client, nor do I care to download it.

SWTOR Infinite Energy Hack & Speedhack
    DrakeFish's Avatar Lazy Leecher

Thanks G/R
    0/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Master674 View Post
    I didn't take a look at SWTOR yet but I guess they'll start verifying .text-Segment of the game and implement something similar to Blizzard's warden.

Also Movement Anticheat is pretty simple to detect / kick. Just add distance restrictions to packets in dependence of current movement action / timestamp. But it takes a really long time until everything in anticheat works well (especially movetime sync!). If a new game is released there are hundreds of ways to do really nice hacking stuff. Just try out stuff yourself.

I would start hooking the packet manager and try to identify those single packets, BP them and change some values in packet struct.

What do you mean by a very long time to code anti-cheat? It's not like their protection guy(s) started working on it yesterday, they had the whole game development time to work on something and to test it (and that's if we don't count the dev's past experience). They already have a good anti-debug / anti-hack in place that works pretty nicely. It obviously won't detect everything, but it works and it's obvious that they took some time to work on it. As for server-side protection, well we probably won't know before the first ban-wave

sin20six's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Hack is confirmed not to work.. AKA PATCHED as of 12/22/2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123