Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autoattack "fix"

Sorry for my english. It always takes a while to warm myself up

I just hate that there is no autoattack in SWTOR. And it was really annoying to constantly watch the energy level and decide when to use an offensive ability and when not to maximaze your dmg output.

I figured out a way to make it more easier. With this, you will add the autoattack on every offensive ability, so when you press the desired key it will use the chosen ability first (if you have enough energy), and if you don't, autoattack will be used..

-----------------------------------------------------------

Autoattack "fix"
    Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will not work.

First, there is no auto attack in swtor, so you are just sending another ability, not a auto-attack.

Second, there is no command to send the key presses to the game in your AHK script. Another has tried to to get this working though, http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/star...ised-swor.html
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sensisativa View Post
    This will not work.

First, there is no auto attack in swtor, so you are just sending another ability, not a auto-attack.

Second, there is no command to send the key presses to the game in your AHK script. Another has tried to to get this working though, http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/star...ised-swor.html
    Hello Mr.Sativa, btw I like your nick :-D

I'm sorry to prove you wrong, but this indeed works. I wouldn't dare posting something here I didn't actualy try.

Just to clear a few things up. Of course, this won't make you auto-attack just like in wow, as the SWTOR's "auto-attack" (as I call it that way) is on global cooldown. I have a sith assassin and the actual ability is called Saber Strike, which costs 0 Force - hence I call it auto-attack. It is just a filler to be used in between abilities when you don't have enough force.

I have read the other thread and, bear with me, I'm no coder, but I think his problem is this "#ifWinActive NameOfTheGame" tag. I don't have such a tag and it works. Maybe I'm totally wrong and it is actually something comepletely different. But all I can say is that my humble script definately works!

I wil try to record a vid from the actual game for yall today, to prove it!!!

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Originally Posted by Seminko
    I wil try to record a vid from the actual game for yall today, to prove it!!!
    So here it is, as I said it would!

---------------------------------------

Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, that explanation makes it much easier to understand what you were talking about.

I think I know why it is working without the process name, it should be that it is working because the script is sending the keys to whatever window you have and not just to the game. Not that big of an issue, but having it localized to the game window only would certainly help.

+rep for the vid
    Last edited by Sensisativa; 12-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sensisativa View Post
    Nice, that explanation makes it much easier to understand what you were talking about.

I think I know why it is working without the process name, it should be that it is working because the script is sending the keys to whatever window you have and not just to the game. Not that big of an issue, but having it localized to the game window only would certainly help.

+rep for the vid
    Thx for the rep man . It would certainly be great if the script worked only for SWTOR, but I don't see it as much of an inconvenience...

unclesam77's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, awesome explaination. i'm just wondering . in the first video, the script that you wrote about pressing '2' and sending the keystroke of '2 and 'A'. i saw a big chunk of paragraphs that says

IMPORTANT INFO......
    blablabla

#2: : Run www.autohotkey.kom

my question is.. in your anctual script (the one ure using to play now). what did you actually write? do you still write "#ifWinActive NameOfTheGame" tag"

.also do you think you can make a script that actually makes it so when u press and hold '2' ( taking an example of ur first video)
    it spams '2A2A2A2A..' until u release the button '2'?

thank again it was really helpful..

yoshaman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by unclesam77 View Post
    hey, awesome explaination. i'm just wondering . in the first video, the script that you wrote about pressing '2' and sending the keystroke of '2 and 'A'. i saw a big chunk of paragraphs that says

IMPORTANT INFO......
    blablabla

#2: : Run www.autohotkey.kom

my question is.. in your anctual script (the one ure using to play now). what did you actually write? do you still write "#ifWinActive NameOfTheGame" tag"

.also do you think you can make a script that actually makes it so when u press and hold '2' ( taking an example of ur first video)
    it spams '2A2A2A2A..' until u release the button '2'?

thank again it was really helpful..
    something like this should work;
    Code:
    $2::While GetKeyState("2","p")
    {
          Send 2
          Send a
          Sleep, 50
    }
    return
    Last edited by yoshaman; 12-24-2011 at 01:54 PM.

vickydudexxx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I know using AHK in some cases can get you banned, is this one of those cases?
    Did Bioware make it clear about what you can and can't do with AHK or G15 keyboard?
    Sorry if this has been asked before.