Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Help me to create a simple macro/bot to collect 2 chests

I am trying to create an autoit macro that will run between these 2 boxes:

https://i.imgur.com/rpiA5.jpg

But I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way

Basically, I'm putting my char into first-person view (mousewheel up), and then trying to run a macro that will run to the first chest, then turn 180 degrees, walk along the yellow line, turn 90 degrees, walk to the 2nd chest, collect it, then walk back to the 1st chest to collect, then back to the 2nd chest .etc etc, loops till I stop it

I'm still trying to get the exact timings I need for my macro to work, because it always off-shoots the turn a little, and then it will end up running off-course eventually and make my char agro a bunch of mobs just around the corner

Is there a better way for me to do this? All I want to do is pickup both the chests :<

[Request] Help me to create a simple macro/bot to collect 2 chests
    thebluefish's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xiandri View Post
    I am trying to create an autoit macro that will run between these 2 boxes:

https://i.imgur.com/rpiA5.jpg

But I'm not sure if I'm going about it the right way

Basically, I'm putting my char into first-person view (mousewheel up), and then trying to run a macro that will run to the first chest, then turn 180 degrees, walk along the yellow line, turn 90 degrees, walk to the 2nd chest, collect it, then walk back to the 1st chest to collect, then back to the 2nd chest .etc etc, loops till I stop it

I'm still trying to get the exact timings I need for my macro to work, because it always off-shoots the turn a little, and then it will end up running off-course eventually and make my char agro a bunch of mobs just around the corner

Is there a better way for me to do this? All I want to do is pickup both the chests :<
    For this sort of thing, I actually combined a bot that runs between the two, as well as an AHK script. The bot simply reads memory and moves/angles the character properly, while the AHK script does all of the clicking. Dirty I know, but it worked wonders over night.

I can't really send you source to the bot I'm working on, but there was another, similar one posted in the forums a few days ago.

Xiandri's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, i dont really have any experiance with autoit or programming so i can't really make something that reads memory

but i figured that making a simple macro that would walk your character to the exact same spots repeatedly should work, since the chests respawn in the exact same spot every 8 minutes

i will take a look for the bot

thebluefish's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xiandri View Post
    well, i dont really have any experiance with autoit or programming so i can't really make something that reads memory

but i figured that making a simple macro that would walk your character to the exact same spots repeatedly should work, since the chests respawn in the exact same spot every 8 minutes

i will take a look for the bot
    See, I spent probably a day and a half doing that. The issue is that you're blind-firing key commands, and there will always be some difference between when you first started, and when you ended (position, angle). Therefore, I was able to get it working a few times, but it would always deviate too much to be an AFK'able bot.