0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review on customizability for Female toons

Hey all... I've written up a review on the customizability options for each race for Females.

Disappointing to say the least.. not what I was expecting.

An overlook on Female character customization for SWTOR

Before you decide you are satisfied with the look of your toons face, consider that you are only going to be seeing your character’s torso and back of head for the majority of the game. Make sure you are happy with your chosen hairstyle and character’s body type.

In my honest opinion, I am not at all happy with the customization availability. Sure it is better than WoW, however from the dev forums I was reading, they made it sound like the customization was going to be outstanding, when in fact, it is less than that.

We’ll start off with Body Types

There are basically two decent body types for the female models.

There are 4 different body types. I will give a brief description of them below.

1 – Anorexic

2 – Fit (this is probably the most normal body type available)

3 – This is a female…? Think masculine cave woman.

4 – Well fed. This one has a bit of weight on her hips and thighs.

Heads:

There are 20 Different Head types. These head types differ between some races, although the majority of them share models. Not to sound completely racist here.. but here is a description of the ones available.

White/America

Black/African American

Asian/oriental

Eye colors.
    Again these differ per race type. I would say the selection is fair. There are 5 types available for the Human.

Cosmetics

The majority of these options make your toon look like she was gang banged by a Crayola box. There are some minimalist options, as well as a blank option.

Hair

This by far has to be one of the most disappointing features. There are maybe three NORMAL looking hairstyles. The rest are attempts at a futuristic, star wars-y type look. However, the majority of the styles look terrible largely due to the fact that they don’t “fit” on the head well. (you will have to use your imagination here) Rather than the hair growing from the models head, a new model is created, which lays on top of the head model. This creates the look of a huge, deformed skull, with some hair thrown on top of it.

Skin color varies by race.

A review on the selections as a whole per race.

Humans
    I would say this is what the majority of the female population will play, due to the fact that It has the most customizability.

Twi’lek

Yikes! I would probably never create one of these. The faces are all goofy and nearly identical. I have also heard some opinions stating that the way the Twi’lek’s model runs and casts looks silly due to it’s hair/tentacle things.

Rattataki

I don’t think you will see a lot of female players playing these. To start off, they do not have any hair what so ever. So if the Britney Spears looks is the look for you. Go for it. The customizability options for this race are by far the worst. Limited options for Tattoos and jewelry. These characters all look the same in my opinion. No skin color options either.

Zabrak
    The first toon I created and played was a Zabrak, although I am no longer liking her look as it feels somewhat.. rough around the edges. You cannot remove the horns, and therefore as a result, the hairstyles available look ridiculous. There is only one hairstyle that doesn’t look silly. There is no option to remove Tattoos. You MUST have a tattoo on, and there is not a minimalist option. All of the Tattoos cover the entire face. There is one option for a tannish skin tone, the rest are mainly red. Complexion and scarring features are good. Not thrilled with the 6 eye colors. But I suppose they will do.

EDIT: The required markings differ between Republic and Empire. The Empire's tattoos are bold and black. The Republic's options are a more faded version

Pureblood

Think dark, tall Transvestite standing on the street corner.
    Due to the Alien nature of this race, the Pureblood’s facial structure consists of horny protrusions. This creatures a very masculine look. The minimalist option (option 1) only has bony structures over the eyes of the model. This would probably be the best option for a feminine looking character. There are 15 luxurious scarring options, this allows for an even greater, rough and tough manly street hooker look!
    16 selections for Complexion
    4 eye colors.
    The jewelry only adds to the Transvetite who is trying way to hard to be feminine look. It looks pathetic.
    Cosmetics… again… Crayola Box.
    Hair selections is as poor as it is for all races. 6 hair colors ranging from dark brown-black. I know, exhilarating.
    Skin colors. Dark orange – dark purple.

Chiss
    I actually did like the selection for the Chiss. Of course you are as limited with these in regards to faces and hairstyles as you are with humans. However you can achieve a “not quite human” look, while retaining the human features. There are minimal hair colors, however the colors compliment the skin colors available. Bright pink hair with blue skin would look atrocious.

Cyborg

You have about the same options that you have with humans, although you must have a Cybernetic. Although you must have a cybernetic showing, the options are plentiful and decent.
    Large selection of Cosmetic options. Still very colorful though however.
    Hair options are the same as humans.
    15 hair color selections
    Skin color options are the same as humans.
    5 available eye colors. These colors are not abstract in any way.
    17 scarring options if you’re into that.

Miralukka’s

These share the same properties as humans, although they are forced of course to wear eye coverings. The covering selection is very poor.

Mirialan
    These share the same properties as humans, although they are forced to have tattoos. The selection of tattoos Is decent and not overwhelming.

EDIT: Here is a picture of my Zabrak Female early on, I later obtained a hood, which completely changed the look of my toon, I instantly liked her after hating her for 15 levels.

Here is a decent looking Human Female I made

I really liked the look of this Female Chiss I created, it is unfortunate that I cannot play Chiss for my desired class
    Last edited by Nazomi; 11-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Review on customizability for Female toons
    Confucius's Avatar Panda of Worlds The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    267/283
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Customization is lacking for both genders don't know why you focus on female, but yeah I was hoping for more of a swg customization system instead. However the eyes do look amazing.

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as I don't see copies of my character running around i'm fine.

Duplicity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Female Human/Cyborg asses are great. The best part of watching my character run and watching the back side.

One of the best asses in mmos in a while.

Nazomi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, front page!

Thanks a lot!

Anyone else seeing the post in "right Alignment" format?