0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mercer View Post
    I havent preordered and i wont, I tryed some of the beta's i wish i tryed more, At 1st i was alittle bored i just couldnt be arsed... then this beta i missed most of as i forgot but started on saturday and made a paladin and it was fun! very fun. I will wait a month or two to see how it goes. I got Aion when it 1st came out and it got soooo boring... i even tryed that on beta >.<

All in all, rift is really nice to play. Iv grown out of WoW i think i played it for almost 6 years... maybe it is time for a change.
    I've played wow since nov '04 and this game is a great change from what wow has.

You going to buy it?
    Starkey2009's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i tried the beta got too lvl 30 as a rogue/marksman/ranger thing is with souls is pretty much all the skills are the same but with different names once u got a combo going its just another grindfest like wow and all MMO's
    The quests are too linear and some of monster placements are just silly specially when your low lvl and a quest is right in the middle of monsters 4-5 lvls above you, i noticed on the last BETA they had to remove the lvls of the rift because some of rifts where lvl 19 and most the players where lvl 12-15 so places got overrun, the professions was a good idea but sadly alot of farming had to be done to get too 75.
    I wont be playing this live, as im not giving up on wow and i cant see myself paying for 2 mmo's

Best thing about the game is the public questing but make sure you got a beefty computer or have your settings on low as alot of people in 1 area makes it really laggy
    Last edited by Starkey2009; 02-21-2011 at 07:57 PM.

K1boRG's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rift is copy of WoW/few other MMO's ,but has it own lore - kinda lazy lore imo
    WoW is copy of Everquest, but has its own rich lore
    Everquest is idea taken from Ultima-Online,just put in 3D,and ofc it's own lore.
    Ultima-Online is just GOD of MMORPG's!
    * * * Give +Rep to person who helped you or any other way made you laugh / happy * * *
    * * * Looking for someone who could help with 'good' comments on one YouTube video. - possible reward - PM for more info * * *

muffin man's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought this was a Warhammer rip off

swizzie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave it a fair chance, but i do not like its gameplay..graphics are nice but thats all it has going for it. I got annoyed with the events at the end of wrath.
    Putting never ending events in a game is just annoying.

Miscr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by culdin View Post
    thats what i hate about this game.

ITS A COPY OF WOW.

/thread
    I just dont get it.

Whats wrong with taking the best parts of all the games, including wow and making a better game?

Some of the differences..

AE Looting... Guarantee you WoW will copy this in less than 2-3 months... hide and watch.
    UI is completely customizeable from the beginning without using any mods.
    Game has no Mods currently, so you actually have to think for yourself. Not just follow the instructions from DBM.
    Vastly superior Class builds.. 8 Souls(spec Tree) per Calling. Example, my main is a rogue. I can Tank. I can DPS. I can Heal.
    Ability to change to 4different specs.
    No Cross server interaction.. this is what ruined WoW..well this and the need to rework old content instead of providing new.
    Open World PvP with World Boss Encounters.

And many more.

Since wow has the largest player base to draw from, Trion made the UI and Controls in such a way that WoW players will feel right at home. This limits the learning curve that most games have.

As the above poster said.. the neverending events.. Im assuming he means rifts. Rifts are based on number of people in the zone. So more than likely you didnt get out of the 10-19 area so yes there are a lot.
    Now, the nice thing is that you can skip Quest grinding to level and just do Rifts. You also get items during Rifts that you use to purchase nice gear.
    So basically, rifts are just another type of game play to level from. In WoW, you really only have 1 way early on.. thats the Quest grind(or Get power Leveled)

Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    WoW did not have its own Lore. It took its lore directly from WarHammer, Not the MMO but the Game Itself.
    Last edited by Miscr; 02-22-2011 at 01:35 PM.

kit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a copy?

Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    Everquest is idea taken from Ultima-Online,just put in 3D,and ofc it's own lore.
    Ultima-Online is just GOD of MMORPG's!
    Actually Everquest and Ultima were both in development at the same time, kinda hard to copy a product that hasn't even been released yet eh? Development on Ultima started sometime in 1995 and Everquest sometime in 1996. There's no way you can call one a copy of the other. I think the confusion must of come from the release dates, Ultima came out about a year and a half before Everquest did. And saying wow is a copy of everquest? Thats like calling Call of Duty a copy of Wolfenstein. Lemme just guess, everytime you see a new camaro goin down the street you just snort and say "Just a copy of the model-T , GOD of CARS!"

benevan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Miscr View Post
    No Cross server interaction.. this is what ruined WoW..well this and the need to rework old content instead of providing new.
    wrong, the warfronts are already cross server.

Fezz0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually enjoyed the beta. At the moment I'm in a bit of a WoW break mode so I thought I might aswell try this one.
    I pre-ordered a copy, time for a fresh wind I suppose

darkninja92's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people don't realize that when Blizzard was bought out, a lot of devs left and formed Trion, which is what made Rift. So, saying that Rift is a copy of WoW, well yes some of it is, because the same people are making this game. However, the raid system in Rift is badass. It's like they brought everything back to how Vanilla WoW was, there are different raids for 10 and 20 man groups, The PvP warfronts are actually fun, and there isn't the monotonousy of questing the same boring thing every day, because at any minute a huge invasion could pop up and totally throw you all around the zone, which I thought was very fun. I also enjoy the class system very much, having a group where the Cleric is tanking, the mage is healing, and the warrior is dpsing, hasn't happened in many other MMOs.

On a side note, I preordered before even playing in the beta, and I don't regret it.

benevan's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fezz0 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the beta. At the moment I'm in a bit of a WoW break mode so I thought I might aswell try this one.
    I pre-ordered a copy, time for a fresh wind I suppose

same here, i found out about the game while being burnt out trying to get my tank set dont regret buying it one bit.

Sebbe123's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havn't read much about it, what's the endgame like?

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was in a BG. level 81 with like 35k health. A level 83 in questing gear had like 85k... 85k health.... I decided that Rift looks AWESOME, already preordered /cool face

Miscr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by benevan View Post
    wrong, the warfronts are already cross server.
    PvP is fine.. because you cant chat with the other faction anyway.
    Grouping is a whole different animal. Example.. In wow in using the LFG tool.. Do you ever really talk to the people in your pug unless there is an issue.. bad tank.bad healer.. ect..

I dont, because chances of ever grouping with them again.. slim.. and none.

Dismayus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the main reason I'm interested in this game is the Vanilla feel. Starting a game from launch is a highly rewarding feeling, and it's also fun to get in early when there's still bugs/exploits ;D
    Last edited by Dismayus; 02-23-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast