11/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also like to add a few cents:

I started playing POE actively from the past league, and when I came here looking for a HUD the only available and functional option was TehCheat's HUD. QVin seemed to have abandoned his project.

So as TehCheat seemed to be the only one maintaining the project, I thought it fair that he charged for early access.

However to my surprise QVin had made a functional version available for this league, and it seemed to be very good, with some improvements.

It would be great if this communication gap was resolved so that we could continue to improve the project more and more.
    I hope this will happen soon.

ExileApi (Old POEHUD) Overlay for Path of Exile
    jknnnnn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey don't stress on things so much guys. My town is shutting down and PoE is a great way to get my mind off of this. I very much enjoy all your efforts and playing with HUD on helps me relax in these tough times. Cheers and I hope all of you devs keep up the great work. <3

Norby93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm so sorry, but how can i play poe with qvin hud?

Budgah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now its been over a week. Please put up your working version again as other devs have also. Just because one guy wants to paywall doesnt mean you all have to.

snowhawk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stay on-topic for this thread. This is about QVin's Exileapi, not TehCheat's private paid version. If you want to talk about his version, he has a dedicated thread (Compiled PoEHelper for 3.10 with Plugins)for it. Use it.

6. Thanks Sychotix (1 members gave Thanks to snowhawk for this useful post)
    Qvin's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/64
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by snowhawk View Post
    Qvin is aware of what TehCheat is doing and even took the buggy release off his own repo (still needs to rollback the readme change tho).
    I deleted it not because it was buggy, but because I made the release without knowing the plans about paid version.
    Technical i posted release with debug information, others version just not capture any imgui errors and with errors imgui has undefined behavior starting from nothing or broken markup ending crash hud.
    Sure, i will rollback for readme tomorrow.

8. Thanks snowhawk, TehCheat (2 members gave Thanks to Qvin for this useful post)
    snowhawk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    41/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Qvin View Post
    I deleted it not because it was buggy, but because I made the release without knowing the plans about paid version.
    Technical i posted release with debug information, others version just not capture any imgui errors and with errors imgui has undefined behavior starting from nothing or broken markup ending crash hud.
    I haven't encountered crashing, but the imgui errors I've found easily avoidable by not starting the HUD in towns. Anyway, thanks for what you've done so far. Hopefully we'll get a crack at the new source soon as I'd like fix a number of plugins.

Budgah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    14/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you put it back up? Tehcheat already said he doesnt care.

armory236's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    340/53
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it would be awesome if you continue improving your HUD as it is buggy right now (yes, I have that version you published before deleting due to TehCheat private version)
    it's 21.03, yeah we can wait for TehCheat public release (my PayPal is broken ffs so I didn't donate, also dropped from private discord though I was there previously) but still, you know, you could fix your version either way

codename0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sithylis View Post
    So youre telling me someone whos been busting his ass every league start without any "thank you" for his time he could be spending playing it is going to bend a knee to someone who doesnt want to support his effort to gain access to it earlier than it would usually show up?

If no one was going to update it as fast as the 2 people who spent 2-3 weeks behind closed doors checking that it will work day 1 then it would be out 1-2 weeks after league start as usual.

The fact that people are asked to donate to get day 1 access is irrelevant as it will be released and people will have access to it at around the same time as if there was no donation incentive.

Get off your ass and support or sit down and wait, you loose nothing and you gain nothing.

agree . all the plp say thank u when it was free and also many say eaven now, me2. like i sayd im not agree to publish for free and then go for money.

raretitlez's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/47
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by RatMonkey View Post
    It took 2 weeks with 4 people updating offsets.... What good are those offsets without plugins to use? Guess us plugin devs don't do anything.

To be honest my argument isn't with TehCheat anymore. We know he wants to make money. We know he considers the community that doesn't "pay him" for his work as "freeloaders" so that's the end of that. No reasoning with someone like that.

Now the problem is purely focused on Qvin, who is refusing to release his fully working version, or his source. He has NO financial gain by not doing it, all he has to gain is....nothing? He's just...basically saying, because TehCheat is selling his compiled version, that he refuses to updated his repo. This will be the death of this, until someone takes over the project fully. You can't give to the community for years and then expect something that was always open to not get any negative backlash when you have a working version but are choosing not to release it because someone else wanted to monetize it. These "heroes" of the community closing this down for "whatever time I want" are going to become names of the past with this method.

As for the offsets, the previous poster is right. A lot of offsets can be found easily this league and actually some guesswork can be used.
    If you updated the MoveToStash plugin, you would have a very valid point and you would also be entitled to ask for donations. That plugin was superior to the Stashie plugin the current hud uses. But it remains derelict, sadly.

As for Qvin, he only pulled the source because he wasn't the one who updated the offsets last league or the league before it - it was TehCheat and his merry band of men. He did it out of respect.

mouratis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ey yo!
    Can we use poe hud yet mr tehcheat? what's dat password?

for anyone that still have no HUD you can guys use either a version of Qvins unfinished
    GitHub - mouratis/PoeHud: Qvin's delirium version still not finished

Or either

the very basic with password
    Code:
    :) :) :) :) SUPPORT :) YOUR :) DEVS :) :) :) :)
    Releases . sychotixdev/PoEHUD-1 . GitHub
    Last edited by mouratis; 03-21-2020 at 07:31 PM.

15. Thanks boterang, bagindo4ka, Genocyber, freedomcm, fudenciolino (5 members gave Thanks to mouratis for this useful post)
    tugagen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started playing POE last league and found this amazing open source helper. I used it and loved it. I'm shure it gave all of devs an hard work. At the end of the league i noticed some offsets were wrong, and started looking at the code. Using CheatEngine I was able to look at the program and update some offsets my self, although i have to admit i wasn't sure if the way I was updating was the way it should be, it worked for me. I'm not so sure now, but I guessed the problem were the skill gem offsets making the itemalert plugin go crazy for some gems level 999
    I've used the app too little to think i should donate, and too much to love it. I don't mind waiting for it and I believe next league I'll support you. One question bothers me, if I donate will I be able to contribute for the app? Is there a private/premium repo?
    Thumbs up, keep up the good work and thank you for your efforts

GameHelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    455/2203
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This will be the death of this, until someone takes over the project fully.
    That's the only line in your post with which I agree with. That being said, let's look at the reason why it's dieing. Let me ask you this.

How many ppl in this community (of PoeHUD) knows how to update existing offsets? (approx < 20)
    How many ppl in this community (of PoeHUD) knows how to find new offsets? (approx < 10)
    How many ppl in this community (of PoeHUD) knows how to reverse engineering a game from ground up (scratch)? (approx < 7)
    How many ppl in this community knows how to build an DirectX overlay from scratch? (approx < 3) (this isn't even a fking hacking, building overlay is a DirectX programming)

How many ppl in this community knows all of the above (except directX one) and have time and energy to actually do it?
    That's an easy question to answer because I got stats on this one.
    According to the "delirium league" stats TehCheat, Qvin, Sychotix.

So yeah community will die because no one step-up, not because ppl like TehCheat, Qvin and others are keeping things private OR asking money for it. I really don't blame them.
    When u are good at something ( i.e 3 out of 500 ppl in this community ), why the fuck do it for free?

And don't you folks tell me, "we want to step-up but we don't know how, as there is no guide or anything".
    Well, when I join in 2015, I knew nothing about this "reverse engineering" or "DirectX programming".
    Same is true for TehCheat and others, they didn't learn this in their mother's womb.
    There is money in this, (approx/total) 2k-4k per league, even then people don't step up.

It took 2 weeks with 4 people updating offsets
    That's a lie, TehCheat had the full HUD ready on day 2.
    Last edited by GameHelper; 03-21-2020 at 11:17 PM.

18. Thanks Sychotix (1 members gave Thanks to GameHelper for this useful post)
    hurrhurr1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    17/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is going on here atm (by the looks of it) is what killing stuff like this more than other reason I would say, maybe im wrong xD. Im not really taking sides here.
    im just a freeloader, to poor atm to donate.
    Appreciate whatever is free, you guys do whatever you want, if someone wanna complain just go learn come coding and make your own stuff. thanks for previous leagues, hate to play without HUD
    Back to farming woopwoop

20. Thanks mouratis (1 members gave Thanks to hurrhurr1 for this useful post)