0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gaetano93 View Post
    LuL cutedog was a hud user :P

���� P M A | monkaS
    Yes, he was. There was a screen form him stream when he opened a folder which contains poehud and other ahk shit.

PoEHUD - Overlay for Path of Exile (Updated for 3.0)
    TehCheat's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MasterDMFour View Post
    Patch notes are out and judging by them not too many big things seem to be changed, a lot of minor changes though.
    Patch notes can be deceptive. Changes in developer architecture do a lot more to bork hud than anything. And UI changes (new UI objects, new UI sub objects, etc.) are the biggest source of headaches, which almost always happen when new things are added.

For example, a new UI screen for something league related could potentially move other UI screens in memory. New data on those screens might move other data (like the shift X/Y on the map entity, which always seems to get hit). Unfortunately, I've never taken the time to map it all out in IDA, which would make it a lot easier, but has a lot more up front work. When you track diffs with IDA, fixing offsets in hud gets a lot easier.

3. Thanks toadskin (1 members gave Thanks to TehCheat for this useful post)
    MasterDMFour's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehCheat View Post
    Patch notes can be deceptive. Changes in developer architecture do a lot more to bork hud than anything. And UI changes (new UI objects, new UI sub objects, etc.) are the biggest source of headaches, which almost always happen when new things are added.

For example, a new UI screen for something league related could potentially move other UI screens in memory. New data on those screens might move other data (like the shift X/Y on the map entity, which always seems to get hit). Unfortunately, I've never taken the time to map it all out in IDA, which would make it a lot easier, but has a lot more up front work. When you track diffs with IDA, fixing offsets in hud gets a lot easier.
    Ah, don't seem to know too much about this sort of stuff, never really worked out where to start learning to be honest. Any pointers on where I should begin looking to understand the whole coding aspect? Got plenty of free time so I imagine I could get a basic understanding at the very least.

Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ah, don't seem to know too much about this sort of stuff, never really worked out where to start learning to be honest. Any pointers on where I should begin looking to understand the whole coding aspect? Got plenty of free time so I imagine I could get a basic understanding at the very least.
    How I got started, I found a cheat that was open source (like hud) and got a feel for how it was getting useful information from the program it was attaching to. I already had a pretty solid understanding of programming at the time, so taking data and using it was easy for me, but I had no clue how to get the data (especially when it's dynamic and moves every time you start the program). Found some tutorials that explained some general reversing. Read a lot. More recently watched youtube videos (there are quite a few good ones). There are also some fairly easy ways to find pointers (cheat engine has a pointer scan which is a rather brute force way of doing it, but it makes getting base offsets fairly easy). After you've found base offsets, you'll want to research pattern scanning so you can find those base offsets the next time a program is updated. It's not fool-proof, but it works if the base function you're using doesn't get touched,

That's the gist of it.

Lena's reversing tutorials are great. I know I've gone through several others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head.

6. Thanks Sithylis, GameHelper, chonic, toadskin (4 members gave Thanks to TehCheat for this useful post)
    Killabeat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any idea how long after big update like this we can expect a new version of poehud?

Also, it's a good idea to grab the metadata of abyss spawns from the ggpk and put them in the preload asap, it will be useful to know if an abyss is in the zone.

Thanks G/R
    12/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Killabeat View Post
    Any idea how long after big update like this we can expect a new version of poehud?

Also, it's a good idea to grab the metadata of abyss spawns from the ggpk and put them in the preload asap, it will be useful to know if an abyss is in the zone.
    Probably depends on how much is changed like TehCheat posted above, could be anywhere from an hour to a few days, also depends on if TehCheat has time. Hopefully the update doesn't break too much since a big portion of the update was added in the 3.0.x patches in order to prepare for this update. Fingers crossed and will find out in a day.

BHLDepression's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing tomorrow at launch with out the hud is going to hurt. Oh well, time to macro 1,2,3,4,5 in the mean time... :gusta: Thanks for the great work!

Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Planning on being home a bit before the league drops. I can check a few things with the updated exe to see if some of our pattern scans are working, but until I get in game, I won't know exactly how much I need to fix. It's not just a league, so I'd expect at least a couple hours before something is up and working. I usually prioritize progressing at the start of a league over getting hud working 100%. With any luck it'll be quick and easy, but I certainly can't make promises right now.

11. Thanks toadskin (1 members gave Thanks to TehCheat for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    12/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehCheat View Post
    Planning on being home a bit before the league drops. I can check a few things with the updated exe to see if some of our pattern scans are working, but until I get in game, I won't know exactly how much I need to fix. It's not just a league, so I'd expect at least a couple hours before something is up and working. I usually prioritize progressing at the start of a league over getting hud working 100%. With any luck it'll be quick and easy, but I certainly can't make promises right now.
    Still great to hear, I hope it doesn't break too much. I wonder if zaafar's maphack and zoomhack will be broken too, hope not though.

What build do you plan on playing anyway?

Thanks G/R
    347/2262
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still great to hear, I hope it doesn't break too much. I wonder if zaafar's maphack and zoomhack will be broken too, hope not though.

What build do you plan on playing anyway?
    Not entirely sure. Almost certainly a Slayer, though.

Thanks G/R
    12/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to give Glacial Cascade Mines a try, new threshold jewels make them even better until you get lab enchant on helmet, probably the best use of having enemies on the minimap since you can AOE them from offscreen :P

MACROS4LIFE's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    58/45
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take my Energy TehCheat, you're the boss!

btw: New Unique Strongbox: Maelstrom Cell - YouTube
    There is a new strongbox called Maelstrom Cell. It drops 1-16 random divine cards of the same kind. Yes, it means IF you're lucky bastard enough to find a The Doctor box you can actually drop a headhunter from this box. Chances of this happen? Probably same as mirror, but who cares, looks fun as fuck! xD

Would be nice to add this box already to preload maps info. Just trying to help since I can't do much more here unfortunately.

Good luck tomorrow with updates! I want see this awesome tool updated and working asap
    Last edited by MACROS4LIFE; 12-07-2017 at 09:41 PM.

almightyxii's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the newest patch 3.0.3c broke something.

stfufag's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    46/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just updated everything (didnt play until mid season 3.0)

I see the hud running, no error message, but it doesn't appear ingame?
    Last edited by stfufag; 12-07-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Forumuser1000's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    148/21
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the new patch from GGG rolled out about an hour ago has broken poehud by the look of it. Hopefully it doesn't take too much of TehCheat's time to fix what needs fixing.

As always, thanks for the continued support for this program, TehCheat (and the others who help and provide add-on's).

Page 8 of 297 FirstFirst ... 45678910111258108 ... LastLast