0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dbrock1980 View Post
    well got it to work! lets see how it runs overnight and will report back. so far looking promising. though it took leatherworking over platesmithing which was a little concerning.

is there someone out there that would PM me to edit this code to only do ore gathering and leadership, or at least explain to me how to do it. not very good at coding yet.
    If you would bother to read the whole thread (like i kinda tried to point out earlier when we discussed running the script you would know this.
    Lines 19-28:

_private.professions = {
    to_do: ['leadership', 'tailoring', 'leatherworking'],
    tasks: {
    leadership: ['Feed the Needy', 'Protect Caravan', 'Explore Local Area', 'Compete in', 'Protect a Temple', 'Give Refugees a Home', 'Guard Duty'],
    leatherworking: ['Tough Leather Trading', 'Gather Tough Pelts', 'Tough Pelt Trading', 'Simple Leather Trading', 'Simple Pelt Trading', 'Gather Simple Pelts'],
    tailoring: ['Wool Cloth Trading', 'Cotton Scrap Trading', 'Gather Cotton Scraps', 'Wool Scraps Trading', 'Gather Wool Scraps'],
    mailsmithing: ['Steel Rings and Scales Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore'],
    platesmithing: ['Steel Plate Trading', 'Gather High quality Iron Ore', 'High Quality Iron Ore Trading', 'Iron Plate Trading', 'Iron Ore Trading', 'Gather Iron Ore']
    }
    };

To_Do is list of the professions the script will pick, you should change this to ['leadership', 'mailsmithing']. Now task list holds the tasks the script will perform, just enter here the tasks you feel good about. (The fastest way is making 140 chain or scale armors and upgrading them to lvl 40, this though needs some investment both in inventory and money)

JavaScript Lazy Professions
    xechostormx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slightly off topic.. i notice if i have 3 protect caravan jobs running, it no longer shows up as an option for the 4th position. i imagine that is intentional from pwe themselves?

Dragonef22's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, u can only have 3 of them running

mase123y's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was doing all leadership yesterday then manually added in a tailoring job and it was working just fine, now today when I restart the gateway it tries to do tailoring first which I only have one weaver for then for the rest of the slots it tries to do tailoring there as well and not switch over to leadership.

Digitalxero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mase123y View Post
    So I was doing all leadership yesterday then manually added in a tailoring job and it was working just fine, now today when I restart the gateway it tries to do tailoring first which I only have one weaver for then for the rest of the slots it tries to do tailoring there as well and not switch over to leadership.
    It randomly select which profession to try and do, so yes it can select the same one a few times before it switches

JustTheDoctor's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Digitalxero View Post
    It randomly select which profession to try and do, so yes it can select the same one a few times before it switches
    A setPriority boolean would be nice, if true, it would take professions and task in order (first try to fill slots with profession[0] task[0] then profession[0] task[1] and so on.) I could try to implement this myself, but I dont speak js and am quite afraid of breaking something.

sdowned's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDoctor View Post
    A setPriority boolean would be nice, if true, it would take professions and task in order (first try to fill slots with profession[0] task[0] then profession[0] task[1] and so on.) I could try to implement this myself, but I dont speak js and am quite afraid of breaking something.
    I believe what you want can be done by adding the same thing multiple times. For instance, you can add 'leadership' multiple times to professions. So lets say you had leadership twice and platesmithing once, then leadership would have 2/3 chance of being picked.

For the specific task, I think it is specified in level priority order. Meaning the highest level task always gets picked first, assuming it is available. But double check me on that.

Also, I am a professional programmer and your set priority boolean idea makes little sense to me. In the future, describe the feature you want in layman's terms.

ArtemisAiden's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so my Jscript is a bit rusty. Can someone point me to the function that clicks on the "Next Page" button if it does not find a task in the "Doable_Jobs" List? For some reason no matter what browser I use when my first page is filled with nothing but Rare tasks the script will not click next page to find the job. I am hoping to debug the situation myself but I cannot find the function. I know I am missing it and will feel dumb when someone points me to the line. Anywho mad props to DigitalXero! I had been toying with this same idea when I found out about the gateway, thanks for saving me much time!

mase123y's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ArtemisAiden View Post
    Ok so my Jscript is a bit rusty. Can someone point me to the function that clicks on the "Next Page" button if it does not find a task in the "Doable_Jobs" List? For some reason no matter what browser I use when my first page is filled with nothing but Rare tasks the script will not click next page to find the job. I am hoping to debug the situation myself but I cannot find the function. I know I am missing it and will feel dumb when someone points me to the line. Anywho mad props to DigitalXero! I had been toying with this same idea when I found out about the gateway, thanks for saving me much time!
    This is me taking a guess. line 173 defined on 138

Code:
                if(!jobs.length) {
                    next_page.trigger('click');
                    setTimeout(function() {
                        _private.jobs.find_doable_job(to_do);
                    }, (500 + (Math.random() * 500)));
                    return;

arglebargle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sdowned View Post
    I believe what you want can be done by adding the same thing multiple times. For instance, you can add 'leadership' multiple times to professions. So lets say you had leadership twice and platesmithing once, then leadership would have 2/3 chance of being picked.

For the specific task, I think it is specified in level priority order. Meaning the highest level task always gets picked first, assuming it is available. But double check me on that.

Also, I am a professional programmer and your set priority boolean idea makes little sense to me. In the future, describe the feature you want in layman's terms.
    Unfortunately what you're suggesting only raises the chance of running a leadership job rather than guaranteeing that all leadership jobs will be run as many times as possible before starting a job from another profession.

What JustTheDoctor is asking for is a behaviour toggle to do two things: first, treat the list of tasks as a priority ranking system - the first job has highest priority and will be run as many times as possible until that option is exhausted, the second less priority, the third less than the second, etc. And second to treat the to_do list in the same way, only running jobs from later professions if all jobs in the task list from the first profession are exhausted.

edit:

I think I figured out why jobs get "stuck" and the script is no longer able to add assets to new jobs. Something in the internal state server-side is reporting assets as available to be used that actually aren't. If you manually select an asset that is *not* first in the list then the job will process normally. My javascript is about 5 years out of date at this point so implementing a fix isn't something I'd like to do. However, I can suggest a couple fixes. An error-check after assigning an asset to a task will be able to detect this - if the asset slot is still empty after running assign_asset you can perform some sort of error handling. Re-running select_asset and selecting an asset at random from the list instead of asset 0 would be the easiest to implement (but also the most prone to infinite loop errors if all the assets available are falsely reported as useable.) Alternately you could iterate down the list and test each asset, then move on to another task if there truly aren't any assets left.
    Last edited by arglebargle; 06-03-2013 at 04:51 PM.

JustTheDoctor's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sdowned View Post

I also am a professional programmer (but I do not work with js like stated above) and it's safe to say, that increasing the changes of a thing happening is not the same thing as prioritizing them. I used java syntax to indicate how i would like it to go trough the arrays, this might have been confusing if java is not your preferred language. Lets be more clear then. We have two professions in our array, mailsmithing and leadership, on our task array we have mailsmithing {'Fancy Chain Pants', 'Ornate Chain Pants', 'Forge Mithral', 'Gather Mithral'} and leadership {'Explore local area'}

Now, if we had setPriority boolean set as true, the Script should try to make Fancy Chain Pants, if it could not be done, it would try the ornate pants, if it could not be done it would try to forge mithral, if it could not be done, it would gather mithral, and if there was no mailsmiths left, it would do leadership.

Why the boolean then? Because i bet someone would still prefer the random nature of current script.

Digitalxero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDoctor View Post
    if we had setPriority boolean set as true, the Script should try to make Fancy Chain Pants, if it could not be done, it would try the ornate pants, if it could not be done it would try to forge mithral, if it could not be done, it would gather mithral, and if there was no mailsmiths left, it would do leadership.

Why the boolean then? Because i bet someone would still prefer the random nature of current script.
    This would not be overly difficult to add, I'll look into it this weekend

arglebargle's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have another feature request. If possible the script should deliver all finished jobs before attempting to start another. It seems like jobs in progress, even completed but not yet delivered, can lead to the professions back-end preventing new jobs from starting. Claiming all finished jobs might help mitigate some of ~Cryptic~'s amazing programming.

I'll try to implement the change myself tomorrow and post a patch, but my javascript sucks.

edit: Oh, I found a small bug. Jobs that don't require assets - ie: Hire a Mercenary - won't start because the script hangs while attempting to assign an asset to a slot that doesn't exist and never progresses to start the job.
    Last edited by arglebargle; 06-05-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Kalyndrel's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know anything about JS. The script does seem to be working but I keep getting this error:

Error in event handler for 'undefined': Error calling method on NPObject. Error: Error calling method on NPObject.
    at chrome-extension://mkfokfffehpeedafpekjeddnmnjhmcmk/docstart.js:1:1847
    at Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:356:21)
    at Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:342:27)
    at Event.dispatch (event_bindings:362:17)
    at miscellaneous_bindings:165:24
    at Event.dispatchToListener (event_bindings:356:21)
    at Event.dispatch_ (event_bindings:342:27)
    at Event.dispatch (event_bindings:362:17)
    at Object.chromeHidden.Port.dispatchOnMessage (miscellaneous_bindings:253:22)

Satanicat's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for releasing this script for us! Easy on system resources