0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by EcHoEs View Post
    Atleast when I played AoC bit after it got released, it was still as click based as WoW.
    Click combo, click the attack keys for combo..
    I you (mouse) clicked the combos I understand you did quit

Anyone actually still play?
    modeskon2006's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played AoC for a while, got one character to level 78 before I stopped, but lately I have thought of starting to play again a bit, cause it was indeed really fun to play it, but the problem was that all my friends sticked to wow, and it's hard to leave the wow community behind, even though it's one stupid community at times...

pstylez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by modeskon2006 View Post
    I played AoC for a while, got one character to level 78 before I stopped, but lately I have thought of starting to play again a bit, cause it was indeed really fun to play it, but the problem was that all my friends sticked to wow, and it's hard to leave the wow community behind, even though it's one stupid community at times...
    Exact same story as me, except replace "to level 78" with "to level in the 30s".

Zieg Slavric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still play, cant seem to stick with one character though. Been trying differant classes to find one that suits me. Tyranny PvP server always has a decent amount of players, if your looking for players stick with the PvP servers, the others are deserted. Truthfully I believe mmorpgs come in stages. People who are new to an mmorpg will stick to Runescape and other free mmorpgs. Once they get experienced in the world of online gaming they head over to WoW and a few others. Once they have there fill of the kids games they strive for something more hardcore, thats where AoC comes in. Unfortunatly there is still too many kids who havent grown up enough to play a REAL game.
    Last edited by Zieg Slavric; 05-15-2009 at 08:41 PM.

General Barcode's Avatar Contributor The Destroyer of Worlds

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    4/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, this game proved to fail, just wait for them trying to get all of WoW's subscriber players.
    I am become death, The Destroyer of Worlds

Infernous's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a lot of people don't realise is that when AoC just came out, the game was no where near to finished, and likely wasn't even done with testing, WoW when it first came out was not perfect either; though with playing both currently, I can say that I play Age of Conan more as I find it more entertaining (this is coming from someone who has 100 mounts achievement, 75 pets and 40 exalted reps and a former main tank to a hardcore raiding guild).

WoW is great, I agree; it kept me interested for four years; and I also agree that AoC was a load of shit when I first tried it, now that its had a few overhauls and that technology has advanced to cope with AoC, I am finding AoC to be the better game.

A lot of people are avoiding AoC due to past experiences and issues that have been remedied, you played it a year ago and didn't like it, thats great; in a year we have went from Black Temple to Wrath of the Lich King, no changes? yeah right; guess what? this game as changed to, try it.

It costs nothing to download the game and start a trail for a week, if you don't like it then stay to WoW, these are different games and even with all the fixes and adjustments, you may just hate the playstyle. Though if you dismiss it without even trying it; your missing out, I'm glad that I gave it a second chance and havn't logged back into WoW since I got it as I find the PVP in AoC vastly superior to WoW's and PVE wise; well I'ld rather immense myself in a great storyline then raid mindless on-farm bosses over and over for weeks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234