Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[LOTRO] Goes F2P (Lord of the Rings Online)

Following Turbine's recent success with converting it's p2p MMORPG, Dungeons and Dragons Online, to a f2p model they have followed suit with their more popular title Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO).
    LOTRO is renowned for having the best PvE content of any MMORPG and with it now supporting DirectX 11 the graphics are even more stunning than they originally were.

Often with F2P titles you'll find that to have any chance in PvP or PvE you'll have to go to the cash shop and buy the most over-powered gear available thus resulting in the game losing any need for skill and players ending up spending a fortune, however Turbine has their cash shop implemented a lot better! Instead of being pay2win you have to buy content packs/quest packs to be able to progress to the end game area. Whilst this might sound bad, you can level very far before having to pay for a thing and once you do start buying content packs you're going to be paying a lot less than you would for any p2p or pay2win game. This payment model allows for skill to remain a key factor of the game and ensures that you can't be the best in game just cos you're willing to spend the most money.

I'm not going to do a full on review for this game because Confucius has already done a great one here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/news/s...gs-online.html

I just recommend that everyone gives this game a chance as it really is a very high quality game, I enjoy it much more than WoW (but that's just personal preference) and it's MUCH cheaper. This games graphics are AMAZING along with it's combat, PvE content, storyline and crafting is exceptional as well.

Hope to see you in game!
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/guides/278302-selecting-bot-you.html - SELECTING THE BOT FOR YOU

PHWOOOOAAAAAR - Parog was here. <3 <----Wtf's a Parog?

[LOTRO] Goes F2P (Lord of the Rings Online)
    alj03's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The f2p option is great. Better then any other f2p games I've played. The game itself has increased in population by a lot since f2p has been available. I also enjoy it more then WoW, and as ~OddBall~ said, hope to see you in-game. :P
    Death to all but Metal.