2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this another ..

I bought aoc when its released. And its totally crap. Sorry but it is. I dont want to live something like that again. Please. Tell me this game worth it? or not ?

Is this another ..
    Alkoholik's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is. It is SO fun. It builds on the 4 archetypes of class, Tank, Healer, Ranged and Melee DPS, and it's executed so WELL. The player quests are insane, the solo questing is amazing, and the RVR is GODLY.

It is better than WoW.

Seriously.

TheFreak's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree

I hated Player vs Player in World of Warcraft. I tested out Realm vs Realm in Warhammer (same as Player vs player) and I love it. You also get crazy amounts of Experience Points just for playing.

The player quest are fun too. It has red circles around the area you have to go as well as when a quest is complete it makes the area read so you know where too turn them in at.

They also have Community quest where on the map a box will show up and you just do as much DPS or Healing as you can. The top 5 people get loot from a chest that spawns. The gear isn't super great but it's worth doing it until you win a few times. I've won something 3 out of 4 times. Each time though I got a white bag. The higher ones you get green bags which I would assume has better loot.

Don't expect to level super fast because you wont. You will however reach the cap in a few days of hard gaming. I seen a level 20 character with a mount today. I don't know at what level you get it. I'm only level 6 but that's because I spent more time in Realm vs Realm than I did doing quest. Doing quest you will level faster than the experience points you earn from doing Realm vs Realm.

EVERYTHING you do in the game helps your faction. Your faction gets control of something but I'm not sure what. I've seen it jump around a few times already but most of the time it has stayed close to the side of Chaos.

Thanks to BreakDown for the above signature
    Become a donator today and get access to the awesomeness OwnedCore.com has to offer!

shazarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The resistance freak is right
    there is one thing i have to say though, wait a week or 2 for the servers to disburse and the first few initial patches.
    Theres still a few bugs that need to be patched, not major ones or ones that duck the game up but just a few that are annoying which we will see gone in the next few weeks i reckon
    Hope to see you on

Apartment Wolf's Avatar King - AMG
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its pretty fun and the pvp type system is about the same if not better. But Peronsonally im going to stick with wow/wotlk bcus im better at it XD

Binary's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the graphics? From what I've seen they look a bit cheap.

dejavu11's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Binary View Post
    What about the graphics? From what I've seen they look a bit cheap.
    Aren't we comparing it to wow? lol
    :wave:

TheFreak's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The graphics on my end suck ass. The reason I say that is because my video card has everything on low until I get a new on. I really can't say too much more about it because I never play a game for the looks. I play a game for the content and the way the game appeals to me.

Like stated above, there are some things that do need to be worked on but it was just released to the public for sale just the other day so it's expected. The only issue I had any problems with were due to my low end system.

The level cap is 40 but I'm sure they'll pull a World of Warcraft later on down the road and raise the level cap along with an expansion.

Thanks to BreakDown for the above signature
    Become a donator today and get access to the awesomeness OwnedCore.com has to offer!

Vindusvisker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how a level cap on 40 is bad? O.o

Caliga's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea my friend told me thats about x2 hard to get a level from wow. 40x2=80 levels.

replicant's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Caliga View Post
    Yea my friend told me thats about x2 hard to get a level from wow. 40x2=80 levels.
    It takes roughly 240 played hours to get from Rank 1-40 on average. So, that would be 10 days played which would closely correspond to 1-60 in WoW Pre-TBC by the average player. If you mix RvR, Scenarios, Quests, and Public Quests it's never a grind and the leveling goes by rather quick.

Now granted we had bugged permanent rest exp (2x Exp from mobs) in the CBT Phase 2, but I leveled every class on Order and Destro side from 1-29 solo (29 old cap). On the Elder server I leveled 3 classes (Warrior-Priest, Shaman, and Disciple of Khaine) to 40. Plus, I have played all classes at 40 in full Epic/Legendary gear. I still bought the game even after doing all of that and I love every minute of it.

AoC was garbage and WAR will take most of it's remaining players. It'll become another ghost town like AO, but will probably wind up being a good game in 2-3 years.

If you have a computer decently above the min reqs for WAR, then I recommend buying it.

freakyflow's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont get why people dis war's graphics

On my rig the war's graphics totally pwn the shit out of wow, its wayyy more realistic and detailed, wow is mickey mouse.

The problem though is that wow's animations are much smother for your character, you know when you cast something or chain a move or even watch another player, in wow your spoiled its so well done. Unfortunatly its the one bad thing about war

Its not the overall graphics its the character animation when you do combat stuff.

Stormyt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War is just a very enjoyable gaming experiance. It's funny (where else can u throw mud onto statues and throw barrels with dwarfs in them of battlements!!) and as for exploration you get rewarded nicely for digging deeper into the areas around you. Also looking out for tablets and getting tome rewards is nice.

It's not wow It's WAR!!

jasejunk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imo, this game's graphics are way better than WoW's. I'm also playing it on my computer's stock, integrated video software, so it's not even that great.
    The game is a bit laggy, sure, but it's only been out for about a week, maybe slightly more, so it's perfectly understandable.
    I love this game. You can easily lvl to 40 without RvR, and only with quests. Or you could go the fun way and do only RvR, and no quests. The Tome of Knowledge is also a wonderful addition.

Another point that i don't hear about often enough is the fact that the CSRs (equivalent to GMs in WoW) are extremely quick to reply;
    I was stuck in a small cell earlier today and I filed a complaint. It took about 3 minutes for me to get a response, and I was out in less than 5.
    This could, of course, be only because there aren't a whole lot of people playing, but I think Mythic just has a tight grip on their game and I think they really know what they're doing.