111/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea for a hearthstone memory reader program

The program will read hearthstone memory and presents the results to player.
    I’m assuming that the memory reader can access only the same info as a human player.

The idea is to do something like poker card counting.
    First the program will get the enemy class and load a database with all possible cards it can have, than compare it with enemy mana and already played cards, filter it and tell us the cards the enemy can play.

It's quite simple, but i think it would improve the mid player performance by a lot.

I can code the logical part of the program, but dont know how to do the memory reading thing.

Any advanced programer can help?

Idea for a hearthstone memory reader program
    Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhat good idea... it could also "count" your own cards and give you a percentage of drawing a specific card.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TurboHUD for HearthStone bruhaha

[maybe when somebody release a few offsets]
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Genocyber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    111/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something like that, but it's not big like Turbohud, it's simpler just the memory reader and a program that is always on top screen and show you a list.
    At least for begining.

bob2k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find the names of revealed cards (graveyard, on the play field, and in your hand) in memory. Each card in memory has a "Zone" saying where it is... so you can tell what's on the board, or what's in the graveyard, etc.

(Before anyone gets their hopes up, yes the first few cards on the top of your deck are also in memory... but with the name/text of "Unrevealed Card" or something... so you can't snoop :P)

In terms of "counting cards", the first obstacle may be knowing what cards are actually in your deck - I guess the bot/hack could monitor the "Crafting" screen to "learn" which cards you have (requiring you to manually go there first, before using a different deck) and then monitoring what's already been played. I'm not sure how to determine between your, and your opponent's, cards in memory though (which you'd obviously want to do, for correct stats of your deck).

I'm super busy with a bunch of other things, but have considered trying to write an auto-playing bot which could, in theory, determine which cards in your hand can be played, which cards on the playing field can be used to attack, what creatures your opponent has out (or more importantly which are taunters). It probably wouldn't be particularly good, but would help for those achievements where you need to cast X number of small creatures, or spells.

Realistically though: someone else please write the bot

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bob2k View Post
    You can find the names of revealed cards (graveyard, on the play field, and in your hand) in memory. Each card in memory has a "Zone" saying where it is... so you can tell what's on the board, or what's in the graveyard, etc.

(Before anyone gets their hopes up, yes the first few cards on the top of your deck are also in memory... but with the name/text of "Unrevealed Card" or something... so you can't snoop :P)

In terms of "counting cards", the first obstacle may be knowing what cards are actually in your deck - I guess the bot/hack could monitor the "Crafting" screen to "learn" which cards you have (requiring you to manually go there first, before using a different deck) and then monitoring what's already been played. I'm not sure how to determine between your, and your opponent's, cards in memory though (which you'd obviously want to do, for correct stats of your deck).

I'm super busy with a bunch of other things, but have considered trying to write an auto-playing bot which could, in theory, determine which cards in your hand can be played, which cards on the playing field can be used to attack, what creatures your opponent has out (or more importantly which are taunters). It probably wouldn't be particularly good, but would help for those achievements where you need to cast X number of small creatures, or spells.

Realistically though: someone else please write the bot
    Since this game is a PvP I don't think that it would be ethical to reveal information about your enemy. And I strongly believe that the client does not hold any information in memory which is not yet revealed on the UI. If I would ever make something for HS, like TurboHUD for D3, then it would be a helper HUD. You could teach him (in deck builder) your decks, so ingame you could see your cards still in your deck, it could record the game, the played cards, the actions with them, the consequences for later analyzis (playback). You could dump your deck into a file, or into some PHPBB formatted text, it could upload the deck (if possible) for online deck builders, etc. So, there are possibilities to enhance it, without hurting the fairplay. Yeah, I know, this is ownedcore and I don't want to be hypocrite, but even with Diablo 2 and TurboT I was against PvP hacks/tools. Like with TurboHUD which deactivates itself when you are in the PvP level...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Genocyber's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    111/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i proposed does not really make anything impossible to do without the program. As long you count your enemys cards, but that will consume time and much effort, the program would be just a helper. And I can try to do it even without memory reader, but again it will take many time on each game to mark all up by hands. It's not really a hack and dont give the player info he can't have just by taking notes.

Roger911's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with a program like that and card games is that it would need constant attention, and major adjustments to the code which analyzes decks, deck databases, etc etc. It's not just a large amount of capital work, it's also a large amount of maintenance.