Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, i'm not playing FFXIV anymore but here is how you find the value.

You will need a program called "Cheat Engine". We will use it to scan the memory and find the pointer (the value for FishByte) that we need.

Attach cheat engine to FF (File -> Open Process).

Do a scan in 4 bytes with this value: 83886060 This is the value when there is no fish byting
    You will get a lot of memory adress in the left box so we need to do a lot of scan untill there is only one (or a few) left.
    In "Scan type" select "Unchanged value" and spam Next scan untill the number of found adress don't go down anymore.
    When there is a fish byte in game the value change to: 0. In game, do as you were fishing and when you have a fish byte, do a Next Scan with 0, exact value, 4 bytes (Before you are hooking the fish in game).

Repeat this untill there is 1 or 2 adress left.
    (Change your location, class, do something else, .... in game between two scans will reduce faster adress found)

Now we want to find the pointer.
    Double click on the adress you want to scan for pointer. It will now show up in the bottom box, right click on it and select "Pointer scan for this adress".
    Two windows will pop up, the first one is for search options and the second one will display the results.
    In the search option window change just "Maximum offset value" to 118 and press ok. It will ask you to save the results in a file. We won't use this file but to continue you have to save the results.

When the search is done, search in the result window in the "Offset 0" column for "D". You should get at the same line in the Base Adress column something like: "ffxiv.exe'+00FA10C8.

Convert the hexadecimal value after the "+" ("ffxiv.exe'+00FA10C8 -> 00FA10C8 ) in decimal. Use google to find a website that does it for you. Here 00FA10C8 = 16388296.

Gratz, you have found the value for FishByte.

P.S I'm not a native english speaker and it's also very late. I apologize for all the spelling mistakes
    Last edited by clydestale; 04-11-2014 at 10:12 PM.

[Guppy] Another Fishing Bot!
    kelvinblade's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how come when i do a scan for 83886060 , it can't find anything? can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?
    thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123