Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writing a bot for an MMORPG - Can't find a consistent memory location...

Ok, long story short - I'm just trying to write a small C# program that accesses my *********** MMORPG game memory to display detailed statistics of what's happening in the world around me. It's a just-for-fun type project.

1. I ran "The Game".
    2. Loaded up CheatEngine and attached to the process.
    3. Looked at my XP bar, search for that number in CE. Came up with a bunch of different results.
    4. I gained some XP, re-searched and narrowed it down to 2 addresses.
    a. 0x0237D808 (a green number, static according to CE). (Actually GameClient.exe+0237D80
    b. 0x241A41A4 (possibly a pointer)

5. I did the same scan for character name and came up with the two following addresses:
    a. 0x023773C4
    b. 0x0245D408

neither of which showed green (static).

So I quickly threw together some code to display my character name and current XP in a small window.
    Worked GREAT! Until I reloaded the game. I double checked with CE just by re-attaching to the process
    and the *values* it was displaying were still correct, but the address had changed slightly.

Now the XP was at 0x02B6D808 and the name was at 0x02B673C4. Note, only the first 4 of the address
    changed, the last 4 are still the same. CheatEngine was able to track this change somehow, and for
    some reason my software didn't.

I browsed to that memory area, did a structure scan an noticed that at 0 offset was my current XP, and at 4 offset was my max XP for this level.
    And at 18 offset there is a pointer, everything else in this area is 0's.

If I follow the pointers down at offset 18, I eventually find something that looks like my x/y/z location, which looks promising I suppose, I'm just curious as to why the first 4 bytes keep changing and how to narrow that down. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong location? I thought static locations were static...

What am I missing here? I do I figure out a way to consistently access the same memory area?

Writing a bot for an MMORPG - Can't find a consistent memory location...