1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dayz or Warz?

Seen this discussed a lot; interested in both games but it appears Warz gets more updates. Dayz seems a lot more buggy and full of cheaters and constantly failing victim to simple glitches?

Should I purchase Warz or Dayz?

Dayz or Warz?
    calinzier's Avatar Sergeant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think you answered your own question lol. BUT dayz does have a bit more "physics". im going with warz soon though.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I feel war z is less "clunky" and zombies doesn't suddenly sprint faster than Usain Bolt. I feel it's more PvP oriented than in day z which is something I enjoy. I feel zombies should "be there", but shouldn't be a constant threat (if you don't have a melee weapon it's more challenging though)

Though, it's early alpha and no vehicles are there yet, I think it's already better.

sycksyn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold. Anyone wanna meet up? <3

nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing both, but DayZ is getting shafted by dev team to make the standalone game, so its just in limbo while thats going on.

The goals for WarZ are insane and even though its in alpha, i absolutely love it. I have only had 2 glitches so far. running down a set of stairs made me lose ~15% of my hp, and there are open ended terrain (fell down a mountain side trying to wall walk down it and slipped into a "hole" in the mountain under the game). I have only seen one hacker in WarZ, but the awesome part is you can just take 10 sec to log out and find another realm and hop on again and you are good to go.

Hope you like it!

ps: dont trust anyone that has more than a flashlight..

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you wan't to play a casual game with a pay2win shop - play WarZ. Even though it's in the alpha, that's DayZ,too! The "guys it's an alpha-argument" doesn't count here as we aren't comparing it to a full released game.
    The graphic is nice but that's all. The animations are looking more than one beer short of a sixpack and the overall gamefeeling (shooting while running with little to no accuracy loss, jumping around like a sir, zombie animations and zombie behavior) seems to be pretty bad. Even "fair-minded" pc magazines that don't see this game like a DayZ player by heart, called it out as a "game with potential but currently a bad bad bad bad bad copy of dayz with the war inc egine. Loveless gamedesign"

I played warz on the first alpha day and deleted it after roughly 20 minutes. I've really never played such a bad game in the last years.

Creeps us more and more the feeling that The War Z is quickly put together to tap off as many DayZ fans.
    Last edited by Classicclean; 11-18-2012 at 09:15 AM.

xtcdragon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want realism, go for DayZ beceause it's built on a war simulator, but wait for the sandalone that is supposed to be launched in December.
    WarZ on the other hand has a lot of 10-12 year olds raging retards swearing like there is no tomorrow, the same you'd espect from a COD game.

Freefall552's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    16/25
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arma 2.5 engine that Day Z runs on is so charming. It takes a while to get used to though. View distance in Day Z is around 1.6km. The view distance in War Z isn't even above 300 meters.
    Molested myself and got convicted.

Solance's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer WarZ.

nerfmeplease's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/9
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone else said it and i will say it again. People who are being turned off by movement/combat/zombie AI/etc, realize you are playing an ALPHA. alpha > beta > beta > beta > release. for being an alpha, they are doing a great job.

People these days think that when they get access to a beta, it should be perfect and its just an early playtime for the game. That is not why betas and alphas exist. it is to find bugs, exploits, and glitches to improve the game for the final product. When I got GW2 beta access, I laughed at the amount of people complaining about the bugs. they didnt invite you just so you can roam around and play a finished game, they did it so you can snuff out things to fix.

Learn the difference, or at least make your analysis reflect the games current level of design.

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nerfmeplease View Post
    Someone else said it and i will say it again. People who are being turned off by movement/combat/zombie AI/etc, realize you are playing an ALPHA. alpha > beta > beta > beta > release. for being an alpha, they are doing a great job.

People these days think that when they get access to a beta, it should be perfect and its just an early playtime for the game. That is not why betas and alphas exist. it is to find bugs, exploits, and glitches to improve the game for the final product. When I got GW2 beta access, I laughed at the amount of people complaining about the bugs. they didnt invite you just so you can roam around and play a finished game, they did it so you can snuff out things to fix.

Learn the difference, or at least make your analysis reflect the games current level of design.
    Yeah. What is DayZ? A FINAL GAME RIGHT? It's a mod in ALPHA stage for a game in BETA stage. wow - I hate this 'it's an alpha it's an alpha' but then again everybody is crying about dayz and it's bugs.

isit123's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WarZ is a pile of dog shit.

If you want to pay good money for a game that is essentially a mod of War Inc with zombie AI then go ahead.

Oh, also buy if you like hearing recordings of WarZ Developers bragging about using godmode to "teach bandits a lesson".

Also buy if you like head developers calling their customers ******s and clowns, and saying that they'll stop anyone from trying to purchase the game in the future if they ask for a refund. Then saying "THERE WILL BE NO MORE REFUNDS EVER" but even the company handling their payments (Xsolla) know how dog the game is and offer refunds all the way up to release, the only question you'll be asked is "What's your order number".

Also buy if you do not understand the idea of 'survival' and enjoy global inventories allowing you to spawn fully decked out with kevlar, helmets, snipers, food, ammo, drink, antibiotics and whatever your nan happens to have in her handbag.

Also buy if you like it when developers decrease run speed instead of increasing map size to give the illusion of a bigger map.

Also buy if you seriously believe WarZ was in development for years, even if just as a theory.

Also buy if you enjoy funding these pathetically shit pop-up development companies that throw out alot of hype and promises while delivering nothing, and simply ride the hype of a previous game or genre that's had a wave of popularity.
    Last edited by isit123; 11-28-2012 at 10:50 AM.

fritt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think WarZ is awesomesauce. I've been playing for a couple weeks now and have seen a lot of developement from the programmers. They are in the process of a lot more changes too, which are making the game better and better (imo). It's cheap enough too, so you're almost guaranteed to get more than your moneys worth of enjoyment out of it. Just one mans opinion here.