29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    It was aimed at the people who brag about "world first" and such, not anyone in this thread. Nor is it really that magnificent to achieve world firsts when you cheat your way to it.. I could be world first to have 1000000 million gold, but is it an accomplishment if I dupe/buy it? Not really, no.

I don't like athene nor do I really care for him and if he were to drop dead I wouldn't give a rats ass. That is how little I care about him.

To those saying "buhuu you are dizzing my idol - please know that it is just an act blablabla.." yeah well, I don't like the act or the actor then, same as I don't like Rebecca black or Justin Bieber.
    Totally agree KuRIoS, I never thought his level firsts were that much legit anyways considering he was carried by so many others there. Where are those people now? I'm sure they are just the carcasses that litter his road to success.

OMG what is the Bieb's going to do without KiRIoS' love /biebs wrists

Diablo 3 level 60 worldfirst Athene ?
    Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    It was aimed at the people who brag about "world first" and such, not anyone in this thread. Nor is it really that magnificent to achieve world firsts when you cheat your way to it.. I could be world first to have 1000000 million gold, but is it an accomplishment if I dupe/buy it? Not really, no.

I don't like athene nor do I really care for him and if he were to drop dead I wouldn't give a rats ass. That is how little I care about him.

To those saying "buhuu you are dizzing my idol - please know that it is just an act blablabla.." yeah well, I don't like the act or the actor then, same as I don't like Rebecca black or Justin Bieber.
    Athene didn't use the gold he got before he hit level 60, he just found an efficient leveling route with some of the best players helping him. I really doubt with gold you would even stand a chance in a race against his group. Not that he is my idol or anything, just that he is clearly a more skilled player (and better at finding game-breaking mechanics) then almost anyone on this forum, including yourself.

Joshpwnz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how so many of the people saying how we don't know he isn't just taking all the donated money for himself, it is done through a company designed to give money to charities, without the money passing through the fundraiser. Sure, he didn't get level 60 and he really shouldn't pretend he did, but you people just hate without reason for some reason, jealousy? I don't know. Interesting to see how quickly people are to shoot someone down without knowing anything about them.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clovian View Post
    Athene didn't use the gold he got before he hit level 60, he just found an efficient leveling route with some of the best players helping him. I really doubt with gold you would even stand a chance in a race against his group. Not that he is my idol or anything, just that he is clearly a more skilled player (and better at finding game-breaking mechanics) then almost anyone on this forum, including yourself.
    Now Clovian, lets look at what I wrote and what you claim that I wrote, shall we?!? The "fail at life" comment in my first post was dumb tho I agree with that 100%. I just can't stand the look/sound of the self proclaimed hero of the world "Athene" and I get this twitch whenever people celebrate "his" achievements.

No where did I claim that he spent the gold to be world first. Let's take a look at what I really wrote.
    I could be world first to have 1000000 million gold, but is it an accomplishment if I dupe/buy it? Not really, no.
    I said that I could be the first to have 1000000 gold IF I simply bought it, but would that be an accomplishment? I consider this to be the same as getting world firsts by being carried by a ton of other people/using exploits/unintended use of game mechanics. This does not have anything to do with him being athene, I would care just as little if it was Paris Hilton.. Okay I might care a bit if it was her!

BUT fact is that in MANY of his "firsts" he was:
    A) Carried by a ton of other people.
    B) Using exploits
    C) Abuse of game mechanics.

Therefore, I do not believe that he should be the one whining over how someone else got world first in an unfair way.

Did I say that I was better than him? No I did not. However, I did say that I don't like the act and therefore I don't like the actor either. I might have been a bit harsh, but I had just woken up and was given the worst exam topic ever :/

I would not stand a chance in a race against him "And his group", as I am a terrible leveler specially in diablo. I might stand a chance IF I could exploit and hack the crap out of the game (in a few months) - but that wouldn't be an accomplishment either. It was said in other places that he had the best skilled players flown in, so what makes you think that he finds the stuff on his own? For all we know he could just pay to get that too

But to those guys saying that he is stupid I have to say that I disagree a lot. He is earning a lot of money on what he is doing, whether I like him or not and that does take some skill and understanding of how to engage with the crowd. (same as Jbieber and Rblack)
    Some say that he is giving money to charity which is always good imho, but I know many who does that, including myself.

As a final note in this reply, ANY flaming in this thread will result in infractions, -rep, and a potential ban!
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 05-22-2012 at 04:47 AM.

temp123's Avatar Member
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    By donating it to charity you mean donating a portion of it to his bank account right?
    He just gets charity commissions, no big deal about it. Big charity organisations stuffing they asses with dollars, if they can why athene can't

Surpass's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    And butt-boy suck ups...Athene just has an inordinate number of them. What the baffling thing is...he's like the pied piper of stupid people
    I dont even know who Athene is. I just quoted a sentence which is very true.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Something I would care about, would be a OwnedCore race and who became first - now that could be fun

ciano1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Athene" is a persona, a character portrayed by the real athene. If you watch some of his less popular videos or his livestream you will see hes actually a really smart guy.

He creates conflict on purpose to raise his popularity, but unlike most people he uses his fanbase it to save children from the worst hunger crisis in decades.
    I'm not an athene fanboy, its just irritating to see so many people hate on a very genuine guy.

And for gods sake, he doesnt keep the money. It doesnt even go through athene, it goes directly to Save The Children.

rita3's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so cool

Snackbar's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ciano1 View Post
    "Athene" is a persona, a character portrayed by the real athene. If you watch some of his less popular videos or his livestream you will see hes actually a really smart guy.

He creates conflict on purpose to raise his popularity, but unlike most people he uses his fanbase it to save children from the worst hunger crisis in decades.
    I'm not an athene fanboy, its just irritating to see so many people hate on a very genuine guy.

And for gods sake, he doesnt keep the money. It doesnt even go through athene, it goes directly to Save The Children.
    Whoever thinks that is clearly misinformed.

That is against the law in ALOT of the Countries if not all and they would easily find it out, unless Athene is "exploiting" that as well. FYI the Monk invulnerability in D3 was not an Exploit. That discussion leads to just moronic arguments since some people (might) lack logic.
    Last edited by Snackbar; 05-23-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    - Professional Russian - Front End Web Dev / DevOps Trainee / UI Designer / Amateur Videographer

spearfish's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clovian View Post
    The best players helping him found an efficient route you mean athene could not find a turd in a sewage farm on his own and as to the charity claims if he posts some real photos with him handing over the cash i might just believe it. Theres no malice just sick of this guy claiming firsts that he clearly did not achieve on his own or even being first

dase's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luls

What's up with people saying that he's taking some of the charity money himself? The charity "account" or whatever, isn't held by him, it's held by the big charity company "Save the children" who has done numerous big efforts to help starving kids and other charity work before and is also famous for only taking a VERY small sum of around 5% of the charity cash for other expenses other than food for the kids etc. Athene is also donating all his stream revenue to the charity work he's doing. He's living on saved up money because he is bascially not earning anything apart from youtube. (money from when he was a proffessional poker player).

Everyone trash-talking athene in here saying that he isn't a good guy etc is really just butthurt haters that fails to see his real personality behind his stupid persona "Athene".
    Bachir is a really nice guy and he sure as hell isn't doing this charity thing for his own good. He has raised 700$K and counting. kthx

inb4 'FANBOY LULZ GTFO OFMG OMFG"
    Last edited by dase; 05-23-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nexy33 View Post
    The best players helping him found an efficient route you mean athene could not find a turd in a sewage farm on his own and as to the charity claims if he posts some real photos with him handing over the cash i might just believe it. Theres no malice just sick of this guy claiming firsts that he clearly did not achieve on his own or even being first
    How could he hand over the cash when the donate page is a "save the children" donation page, and the money never goes through Athene? Use some common sense.

Jaerin's Avatar Former Staff
    Thanks G/R
    29/126
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except for the 5-35% cut that Fundrazr is taking. And I wonder how much of that is going to Athene on the backend. Some fund raising company puts Save the Children manages these funds and you assume they aren't touching the money? Get real...

https://fundrazr.com/pages/wp-conten...-fee-chart.png

He's totally full of shit and always has been. He is just really good at screwing with kids heads in order to extort what he wants out of them. Whether its fame, admiration, whatever...he's been exploiting his way to the top just like every other egotistical dick out there.

hi5m8's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's sponsored by Razer to make $500k a year I believe, also he's a professional poker player. I don't think he needs to scam people out of money.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast