Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if it has been fixed, but a friend of mine told me they have changed the tooltip to this.

Monk getting 2-3 or even 4 times anteloot from an elite Pack-exploiting-palm-png

So i guess it's still in effect.

Monk getting 2-3 or even 4 times anteloot from an elite Pack
    Soloc's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys, first post here. I don't know how long this will still be in regular forum... but for what it's worth... thanks! I was getting bored with my monk not having enough money to buy decent act 2 inferno gear... now at least I'm able to make a bit more money to progress. Now... I don't know if this is me or not, I hardly have any MF gear, pretty much just the 5 NV stacks... but obviously this exploit works. What I have tried as well is using exploding palm on single bosses, and getting 3-4 rares dropped. Again, can't say if this is just me being extremely lucky or if it's got to do with exploding palm as well. Anyone else notice this?

taker21's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tested on 2 groups this morning, got 3 Stacks,6Blues and 2 Yellows from each group, so i think this still works

Edit:
    I quested whole Act I with my Monk and worked for me on 2/4 Champion Packs so it seems that Blizzard really fixed something.
    But as i see, they did it the Blizzard way^^.
    Last edited by taker21; 06-27-2012 at 03:39 AM.

HolGORE's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha so they didnt fix it?
    awesome
    thx for the info i will try it later too

lurked's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this exploit was posted on reddit and on official forums today. Maybe it had already been posted earlier, but I saw both posts today, so yeah... I wouldn't expect this exploit to work for really longer.

Abuse of it while you can! :P
    (Personally, monk is the only class I don't have lvl 60 yet, so I can't even try it...)

sarastrasza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got 11 rares, 9 blues 2 white from a pack of 4 elites just half an hour ago, had 5 stacks, game was good!

tsu789's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definately works. Was only able to get two packs, both at 5 stacks with 310% mf, was dissappointed, but several rares across a decent sized area meaning yes, each one dropped rares... Requires a lot of focus to pull off, but it's possible. Would be easier in real gear, lol.

GT4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lurked View Post
    I saw this exploit was posted on reddit and on official forums today. Maybe it had already been posted earlier, but I saw both posts today, so yeah... I wouldn't expect this exploit to work for really longer.

Abuse of it while you can! :P
    (Personally, monk is the only class I don't have lvl 60 yet, so I can't even try it...)
    This exploit has been known for >3 weeks at least. I already linked the 3 weeks old thread earlier and I've known about it before that, I think from a bug report in official forums or something like that. I'm 90% sure Blizzard has also known about it for a while now but they didn't have it on high priority since it's not as good as it sounds.

Here's a few reasons why I stopped using it back then already:
    Requires you to have Exploding Palm as one of your skills, slowing down your killing speed.
    Requires to you bring the whole pack to <30%, slowing down your killing speed a lot if you'd usually burst it down in a few seconds.
    Requires the whole pack to stand together, so it's more than unreliably against range packs.
    Requires a rare pack since it doesn't work with champions.
    May cost tons of extra time against shielding packs.
    Requires you to play a Monk, slowing down your travel speed compared to most other classes.

E.g. when I farm Act 1 on my DH or Barbarian, I can maintain a speed of >1 rare pack/champion/boss per minute on average even including IDing the drops and selling stuff in town because of high mobility and burst damage. Usually half of those are champion packs so I'd get at most 50% more loot on my Monk while taking lots more time to a) make the exploit work and b) travel between packs. In the end I just do not feel it's worth the trouble.

Basically the exploit is only really useful if your only geared character is a Monk who isn't too high on DPS so he doesn't accidentally burst rares down.

Batch's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    This exploit has been known for >3 weeks at least. I already linked the 3 weeks old thread earlier and I've known about it before that, I think from a bug report in official forums or something like that. I'm 90% sure Blizzard has also known about it for a while now but they didn't have it on high priority since it's not as good as it sounds.

Here's a few reasons why I stopped using it back then already:
    Requires you to have Exploding Palm as one of your skills, slowing down your killing speed.
    Requires to you bring the whole pack to <30%, slowing down your killing speed a lot if you'd usually burst it down in a few seconds.
    Requires the whole pack to stand together, so it's more than unreliably against range packs.
    Requires a rare pack since it doesn't work with champions.
    May cost tons of extra time against shielding packs.
    Requires you to play a Monk, slowing down your travel speed compared to most other classes.

E.g. when I farm Act 1 on my DH or Barbarian, I can maintain a speed of >1 rare pack/champion/boss per minute on average even including IDing the drops and selling stuff in town because of high mobility and burst damage. Usually half of those are champion packs so I'd get at most 50% more loot on my Monk while taking lots more time to a) make the exploit work and b) travel between packs. In the end I just do not feel it's worth the trouble.

Basically the exploit is only really useful if your only geared character is a Monk who isn't too high on DPS so he doesn't accidentally burst rares down.
    This actually works for demon hunter as well with Spike Trap + Sticky Mine. I have been using this in combination with the legendary items wall (nerfed this morning) to get 2x-4x loot from elite packs.

Setup wall and trap pack on side
    Get pack to ~100k health in normal gear
    Apply stick traps to 3 of them
    Swap to mf and evenly distribute damage until pack dies

Troublesome packs are only mortars which require specific positions. Teleporters can be tricky ot setup. Vortex is more annoying than anything. Health link tends to only yield 2x loot as hp difference between the highest and the lowest mob can be as much as 300k and sticky trap only does 404% weapon damage.

Imps and invisible melee snakes make this tough. Also, more than 2 people in the game make this much more difficult and is probably slower than normal killing.
    Last edited by Batch; 06-28-2012 at 11:13 AM.

GT4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    This actually works for demon hunter as well with Spike Trap + Sticky Mine. I have been using this in combination with the legendary items wall (nerfed this morning) to get 2x-4x loot from elite packs.

Setup wall and trap pack on side
    Get pack to ~100k health in normal gear
    Apply stick traps to 3 of them
    Swap to mf and evenly distribute damage until pack dies

Troublesome packs are only mortars which require specific positions. Teleporters can be tricky ot setup. Vortex is more annoying than anything. Health link tends to only yield 2x loot as hp difference between the highest and the lowest mob can be as much as 300k and sticky trap only does 404% weapon damage.

Imps and invisible melee snakes make this tough. Also, more than 2 people in the game make this much more difficult and is probably slower than normal killing.
    Not to sound cocky or anything but dude, get pack to 100k health? My unruned HA crits for that high - one pierce and the enemy is dead. Basically I can either go with a full efficiency build and kill (Act 1) packs in like 3-4 seconds while having highest possible mobility or mess around with some sticky traps stuff, wasting half my discipline bar and lots of time for a chance at more loot. If you feel like doing the second, feel free to do so, however personally I haven't been able to make it actually be worth the time.

The only way I could've seen this be worth the time is e.g. in Pony level but there it's so much harder to actually pull off considering how deadly packs there can be if you try to cluster them up.
    Last edited by GT4; 06-28-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Batch's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the nature of HA, i've been using evasive fire with surge for single target dps. i still get crits for 140k.

I've mostly been doing this in Act 2, and usually always get 6 drops from a triple pack. I've seen up to 15 from a single pack (5 imps)

sprime1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't find a 100% method for Wizards to do this "exploit." It seems that you have to use abilities that cause XX% amount of dmg when a mob dies to mobs around it, in lieu of your basic AoE damage. As in, a Wizard orb explodes and damages everything, and all mobs die at 1 time.... this will not work. BUT if you uses Disintegrate - Volatility, if you kill a single mob with this, and the Volatility effect procs, causing that mob to explode, in turn, killing the mobs around it, then it will work. I have not tested this, but from my experience watching Monks/DH's use there "mob explode" abilities, in leu of generic AoE damage abilities...

ne0bis's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do this still work with exploding palms with monk? couldn make it work today

Aikeelu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ne0bis View Post
    do this still work with exploding palms with monk? couldn make it work today
    I used this morning, but just can make them drop them x2 loot, couldnt make it x3, anyway maybe I was doing wrong, but it was still working fine at least for 2x drop

warrkey's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped 7 rares today, exploding all of the elites (they were 3), so yeah, it still work! Idk about NV, but whenever I kill with this method, I win 2 stacks most of the time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast