Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selecting Objects with Mouse while Window is minimized

Hi,

I am working on program that does some standard tasks (e.g Auto Selling blue and yellow loot).
    Therefore I used the Enigmas C# Framework to read out the neareast vendor and all inventory stuff and I can translate these to screen coordinates to click on.

Then I am using some Win32 API to inject Mouse and Keyboard to select vendor and click on all items -> everything is working fine. perfect.

But now I am trying this process without moving the "real" mouse pointer. Therefore I am using PostMessage and SendMessage to inject WM_MouseClick and Keystrokes directly to the Handle of the D3 Window. This is working great, even if the window is minimized,

BUT I cant select items with WM_MouseMove in game. e.g: To interact with a vendor (or blacksmith) you have to put the mouse over him and wait until the white outline appears. Only then it is possible to interact with him.

How to reach this unattended by using Windows Messages while the window is minimized WITHOUT using the real mouse pointer?

At the current stage I sniffed all Windows Messages with Spy ++ and reproduced them exactly with all lParams and wParams:
    - WM_NCHITTEST
    - WM_SETCURSOR
    - WM_MOUSEMOVE

But I dont get the vendor selected this way. Anyone has an idea if this is possible?

Selecting Objects with Mouse while Window is minimized
    raler's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pretty sure that this is not possible. The only way to perform "clicks" on actors/items while D3 is minimized is to call the interact method from within Diablo III itself. This naturally means that you would need to write some sort of memory, which I am assuming you are trying to avoid. What I would suggest is running your framework from within a virtual machine, as you can minimize the VM and your program should still function properly.

enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D3 checks mouse position at start of every loop and if D3 has input focus or not. If it doesn't, then it will ignore certain mouse clicks. You would have to inject or do memory writing in order to bypass, or manipulate WinAPI calls somehow.

karnkore's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iirc someone figured out how to disable the input focus check in this forum, can't remember the post though.

Sutur's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
    D3 checks mouse position at start of every loop and if D3 has input focus or not. If it doesn't, then it will ignore certain mouse clicks. You would have to inject or do memory writing in order to bypass, or manipulate WinAPI calls somehow.
    Ok, update: I tested it with D3 beeing the active input window. Still no select possible, so I suppose it checks more than the focus. And: Clicks are working fine, only the MouseMove does not select ...

enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sutur View Post
    Ok, update: I tested it with D3 beeing the active input window. Still no select possible, so I suppose it checks more than the focus. And: Clicks are working fine, only the MouseMove does not select ...
    To clarify what I meant about checking mouse position, it uses GetCursorPos and makes sure that it's within the D3 window client area. This is not something that is affected by messages to the message loop.

R3peat's Avatar Site Donator while(true) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/132
    Trade Feedback
    69 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if he would move cursor into d3 window his method should work ? But then it will never work minimized