Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can navigation marker still be created on immortal bot?

can navigation marker still be created on immortal bot? how? thanks

can navigation marker still be created on immortal bot?
    t0liman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by critical88 View Post
    can navigation marker still be created on immortal bot? how? thanks
    sure.

you basically enable the nav point system, using the defaults for the navigation tab, and when you're at the start of a junction or near a checkpoint, you change the gui in-game so you're hovering over the "place nav marker", when you're at a good junction point, or near a chest, hit space, and it will leave a green marker icon, and create a text file in the immortal folder for later recall.

the older guides prior to 1.42 (?? i think it was june or july they changed it) may ask you to put lines of numbers, comma separated into a text file, the later versions changed the filenames used, so they won't import.

however, you can copy over other people's nav markers or use a dropbox to sync up similar nav markers across other computers in real-time its just they changed the names, and with the VS forums down, etc.

now i'ts just up to your creativity as to how you create a breadcrumb trail along the path you'd like the bot to preferably take. AFAIK, the idea is to have the markers within 15ft, so up to 4 on the screen in one area, any less and the path will be erratic, any more, and it will backtrack when it hits a snag in the route, i.e. elites, treasure hunters, floor damage, corpses etc.

if you'd like a visual of how it would look, there's a pic at the bottom of the barbarian setup guide (old thread, but hey, pictures http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diab...n-setup-4.html ([Immortal Bot] Barbarian setup!) )

for some routes like sarkoth and royal crypts, you can choose to take a very tight linear path, i.e. placing and removing markers every 2-3 character steps, but in most cases, you can get by with 10 or so over a whole map, placed so it will head towards doorways and bridges rather than take ramps or activate items.

i've found that the avoid markers, just crash immortal, so i didn't use them, also, they kind of don't work as advertised.

the way the path system works, is not at all like AutoIT or DB, it uses a path logic system that you'd find in AI bots in FPS games. it determines walls and mesh locations on the fly, and uses strategic nodes as a metric in path evaluation and will often choose to move towards nodes close to the checkpoint, but because it's a "suggestion" metric, it won't orient towards the closest node, and not always in logical sequence, quite often, it will also ignore the nodes, head the opposite direction, and go through another portal back the way you came. annoyingly so.

adding more markers won't change that behaviour, it's designed that way to appear disoriented. if you'd like the full explanation, Game/AI: Fixing Pathfinding Once and For All
    Last edited by t0liman; 08-06-2012 at 02:22 AM.