Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't take very long to deal with the gear collected, 10 minutes tops. Worst case, you're missing out on 50-100k per bot. The prospect of earning triple the amount seems worth the tradeoff.
    well I spend at least 10 minutes per bot and I do this every 8 hours(if I dont then i fill up my stash and lose out on loot). I have 3 bots so this is anywhere between 1 to 1.5 hours a day just managing loot. if i had 5 or 6 bots id be looking at 2 or 3 hours.

I think someone needs to test with a 300gf set with 0 mf and a 300mf with 0gf. Its pretty obvious if you can get 300gf/mf then youre set, but that really doesnt tell us which is better
    Last edited by samtack; 07-09-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Three Character 21 Total Days MF vs GF Analysis - Sarkoth + Tips
    Tyman3's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by samtack View Post
    well I spend at least 10 minutes per bot and I do this every 8 hours(if I dont then i fill up my stash and lose out on loot). I have 3 bots so this is anywhere between 1 to 1.5 hours a day just managing loot. if i had 5 or 6 bots id be looking at 2 or 3 hours.

I think someone needs to test with a 300gf set with 0 mf and a 300mf with 0gf. Its pretty obvious if you can get 300gf/mf then youre set, but that really doesnt tell us which is better
    I think what he gave us was great information, and that the difference between 300 gf only and 300 mf only doesnt really matter, if you really need that much information then do it yourself, he is making tons of gold each day and pretty much anyone who uses this is also making tons, so wasting a few days collecting all this information just so you can know which is better isnt really worth it imo

jcunit's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Information is always good, but it's not a proper comparison between MF and GF. He ran with both and compared the results of the item drops and the gold collected.
    What is also missing is the time it will take to sort ouf your drops and the time to figure out a good price on the AH.

It's not bad information, just not complete enough to draw definite conclusions for me to decide between GF/MF or both.

awp2004's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather spend 1m than 10m and get an uber gf gear.

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LATM do you know if higher MF also gives you better item stats?

jcunit's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MF only increases the chance that items will be blues/rares/legendary/set.

For example you wil usually get 6 item drops, with an average ilvl of 59, 2 blues, 0,4 yellows, 0,01 legendary, 0,01 set, rest whites.
    With higher magic findl you wil stil get 6 item drops, average ilvl still 59, More blues, more yellows, more legendary, more set, less white.

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jcunit View Post
    MF only increases the chance that items will be blues/rares/legendary/set.

For example you wil usually get 6 item drops, with an average ilvl of 59, 2 blues, 0,4 yellows, 0,01 legendary, 0,01 set, rest whites.
    With higher magic findl you wil stil get 6 item drops, average ilvl still 59, More blues, more yellows, more legendary, more set, less white.
    actually you get less blues

jcunit's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm just been reading a bit more about it. Information I found wasn't entirely consistent but what I got from it is that it increases the % an item is of higher quality.
    Hence if you would have gotten a white item, it increases the chance it will be a magic/rare/set/legendary item. If it would have been a magic item it increases the chance it will be magic/rare/legendary, etc.

LATM's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jcunit View Post
    Information is always good, but it's not a proper comparison between MF and GF. He ran with both and compared the results of the item drops and the gold collected.
    What is also missing is the time it will take to sort ouf your drops and the time to figure out a good price on the AH.

It's not bad information, just not complete enough to draw definite conclusions for me to decide between GF/MF or both.
    0 time on ah. I throw away every piece of [garbage: edit], and run everything I think is good without a buyout.

Its amazing information, especially since it was so reliably reproduced multiple times.

I don't even look at ivl 55-61, i just drop them on the ground. I also have sold enough items that I can eyeball value extremely well for midranged items 100-500k in value. Even if i lowball them, the point is that they move through my AH space so quickly it gives room to put more on. Trust me, I hate wasted time and it isn't much time at all to manage.

what you are actually right about though is that my bots were interrupted significantly more than I posted. They probably got less GF Gold than I posted, I don't think any of them ran 20 hours a day. I stopped them to sell gold, transfer, shit like that. thats just what they would have gotten if they did. They did however get that much from MF, NOT running 20 hours per day. Its indisputable, the logs are there.

Originally Posted by TanookiLover View Post
    LATM do you know if higher MF also gives you better item stats?
    You'll get way more rares, and since 8% of them will be ilvl63 with good stats, you will get MORE ilvl63.

Originally Posted by TanookiLover View Post
    actually you get less blues
    you get way more overall items, including more blues. I often have games where 4 blues drop, and given extremely fast vendor scripts like chances it INCREASES my gph.
    Last edited by LATM; 07-09-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Stormreaver's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    40/136
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my own experience running Sark with separate 300% sets:

300% GF -vs- 0% GF :: will give you ~ 200k to 250k GPH -vs- about 50k GPH. A steady and assured income.
    300% MF -vs- 0% MF :: will give you a lot more blue/rare/legendary/set items (and thus higher chance for good items). Play the lottery and hope for something good to drop and sell

Mixing them both is obviously the best course, and that is what I have been doing lately.

PS: With over 400 hours played, I only ever got 1 set item, a crappy Nat weapon, with my MF gear.

PSS: LATM, I assume you are on US server? Your sold items are quite expensive and you seem to turn quite a profit;
    it seems to me European AH is a bit different in terms of prices. Or am I completely off?

> Oh and 1 last question. FastFind loads snapshots into memory and reads from them, right? Does that make FF scripts more likely to be detected?
    Last edited by Stormreaver; 07-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Venk2012's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stormreaver View Post

> Oh and 1 last question. FastFind loads snapshots into memory and reads from them, right? Does that make FF scripts more likely to be detected?
    That is a very good question. Does it interact with the D3 memory area in any way?

zyberkid2k's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What script do you use? :O and do you even use neph valor?..
    Last edited by zyberkid2k; 07-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.

DivineWizard's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    call me a noob... but what bot are you running this on? I'm under the impression that Immortal does not support Sarkath runs.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by samtack View Post
    im not saying gf is no good i actually agree with you...i think everyone should be trying to get both gf and mf in equal amounts, I'm just saying you could go further with your testing. There are other things to factor in. What about maintenance, a bot running pure GF wont have to stop as often to sort through all the rares and deal with the AH. when you get to 3+ bots going at the same time trying to unload all your loot can become very time consuming.

Anyways thanks for the info, it is very interesting to see.

Im also curious how much you spent to get 300gfmf. I know its probably worth it as you will make it back in the end but im always worried ill get banned or they will nerf sarkoth so I haven't invested a ton of gold into any of my bots
    I already did this testing. Especially with chancity's special looting method instead of mloot, where it only sells when inventory is about to be full.

I make about 15k off a vendor trip, and vendor trips only add about 15 seconds, which is less than a successful run for nearly twice the money.

TLDR: It makes me more money than skipping blues, already tested ages ago

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Stormreaver View Post
    From my own experience running Sark with separate 300% sets:

300% GF -vs- 0% GF :: will give you ~ 200k to 250k GPH -vs- about 50k GPH. A steady and assured income.
    300% MF -vs- 0% MF :: will give you a lot more blue/rare/legendary/set items (and thus higher chance for good items). Play the lottery and hope for something good to drop and sell

Mixing them both is obviously the best course, and that is what I have been doing lately.

PS: With over 400 hours played, I only ever got 1 set item, a crappy Nat weapon, with my MF gear.

PSS: LATM, I assume you are on US server? Your sold items are quite expensive and you seem to turn quite a profit;
    it seems to me European AH is a bit different in terms of prices. Or am I completely off?

You are wrong and running horrible scripts or very old and out of date.

Even my incredibly slow barbarian gets 450k/hour. The other two are over 500k/hour.
    Last edited by LATM; 07-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast