• OwnedCore Interview: Moderator Dante

OwnedCore Interviews: The Faces Behind The Names
    by Spazzer

Interview 8: Moderator Dante

You want to know who makes OwnedCore possible? I will be interviewing important figures from within the OwnedCore community. Find out who these dedicated individuals are while learning some interesting facts. There has been a slight change with the OwnedCore Interviews. There will only be a single interview released every four days. This will give community members an opportunity to ask the interviewee questions directly.

This weeks interview will be with Moderator Dante

What is your forum handle and how did you chose the name?
    At first I went with the name DanteLarka. That's actually my first and last name, but later I changed it to just "Dante", as I like it plain and simple.

Dante is your real life name as well as your username, so what do you do for a living?
    Right now I'm going through High School actually, and I don't have a job. My only source of money is the money I get for attending at school and the small amount of money I occasionally make trading on ownedcore. Or well, I believe it's similar to what the English speaking folks call high school. I'm 17 years old and at the moment the youngest ownedcore moderator.

What is your history with OwnedCore and what is your involvement within the community?
    What first brought me to ownedcore was VoTuUS, RAoV, WizardTrokair and Reznik's youtube channels. At first I didn't know ownedcore existed, but after a while watching their videos I must've found a link or something, and my journey began. I became friends with a user called Dripperina and he showed me a lot of cool stuff, and we started exploring together. We started finding unique explorations and exploits, and had a goal to reach 80 rep to witness the secrets in the elite exploit section. After reaching 80 rep, we were a little disappointed that there weren't any dupes in the elite exploit section, so we set a new goal, the legendary section, and 2 years later I became a mod.

What year did you join OwnedCore?
    I registered in August 2012, became a contributor almost exactly one month later, and then elite only two and a half months later. However, my efforts climbing the ranks aren't only done by me solely. A lot of credits also go to Dripperina, Shamatix and the people in the exploration section.

Most people know you in the OwnedCore community but what is one thing they don’t know about you that you would like them to know?
    That's a hard question. I'm a pretty open person, even on ownedcore. I don't try to stay anonymous and talk about pretty much everything, even if no one is listening. Something most people don't know? Well, I guess most people don't know that I enjoy singing and playing the guitar.

What have you learnt from OwnedCore over the years? What is something that you will never forget?
    Well for one my English has slightly improved. Looking back at my first posts back in 2012... scratch that, please don't, lol.

When I became a mod Watcher told me that I would be a bit frightened of how bad some people are. How soulless and rotten scammers can be. At first I didn't take that warning very seriously, and thought that he was exaggerating. I felt bad for the scammers at first. Talked to them, tried to change them into better. But after a while I truly understood what Watcher meant. When I joined up I was only 15 years old. I didn't know about how dark the world is, but ownedcore taught me that. People can be real scum of the Earth but also incredible people.

OwnedCore has such a diverse mix of cultures and nationalities where in the world are you from and where do you live?
    I'm from Malmö, Sweden. I grew up in the countryside, but moved to the city before it scarred me for life, hehe.

What do you think about the diversity of Ownedcore? Why do you think Ownedcore is so popular to this day?
    What made it so popular is all of the huge releases in the past. For example the guild levelling exploit. After that exploit was found pretty much every wow player knew about ownedcore. But what keeps me on ownedcore, and a lot of other members as well, is the awesome community.

Is there anything you want people to use more on Ownedcore? What would you like to see changed at OwnedCore?
    I would like to see more events! Tournaments, contests, stuff like that. I think that would be fun, especially since we have such a nice community.

What was your first game and when did you start gaming, what was your hook?
    I'm having a hard time remembering that. I've been a PC Gamer my entire life, and I think I played RPG's and strategy games most of the time. At first I was playing Diablo 1, Dungeon Siege, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft, but it wasn't till I started playing World of Warcraft that I became really hooked into gaming. It was my sister's friend that introduced me to World of Warcraft.

However, my journey to reaching max level was a long one. I started of in 2008, but didn't reach max level till the end of WotLK. I was always exploring, Azeroth was so fascinating to me. One of my first characters was a Tauren Hunter, and it took me 2 months to get him to level 10, playing at least 2 hours per day... Other games i played during my childhood that I really loved were Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, and Super Mario 64. (Probably spent 600 hours+ in just those three games)

Gaming is a way of life on OwnedCore; are you a big MMO person or a more strategic relaxed player. What type of gamer are you and why?
    I am more of a social gamer, right now I'm playing mostly hearthstone. However, whenever my friends want to play games we play League of Legends, even though I do not like it very much. But playing with friends make the game enjoyable. I also would call myself a social botter as who does not like botting.

If you were not a gamer what would you see yourself doing, what are your other passions?
    I have no idea what I would do. Gaming is my life, it's what I do, and it's what I love doing, simple as that.

Where can we find your besides OwnedCore?
    Right now I am playing a lot of Hearthstone. I used to release lots of exploits and explorations on my youtube channel, but as I haven't been playing wow for more than a year now, it hasn't been very active. I got some stuff that I'm going to release at WoD launch though!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialDanteLarka

Who would you like to see interviewed? Who are you going to call out?
    Maclone. He may seem like a boring grump, but he's more than that you know! He's one of my favourite mods here on ownedcore!

Who is your closest friend and foe on Ownedcore?
    My closest friend hmm... It has to be Shamatix. Shamatix doesn't go under the name Shamatix, and I'll just not tell who it is for just to piss off whoever is reading this. We've had our ups and downs, but he's been a friend since I joined and one of the few people here I'd like to meet in real life. Foes? I don't really have any foes. There are some people that I don't like, but I wont say any names.

Mac vs PC: The Final Battle. What do you use; Mac or PC?
    Why even ask? PC is superior in every single way #pcmasterrace

Is there anything else you would like to add to this interview or information you would like people to know?
    Contribute and climb the rep ladder in order to witness the secrets in the elite and legendary sections! Get involved with the community you will enjoy yourself in doing so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All interviews are conducted and written by Spazzer but are condoned and regulated by OwnedCore. Each interviewee has written and edited their personal segments and approved prior to posting said content for public review. This includes but is not limited to grammar, spelling and just bad English throughout the interview.