• Is World of Warcraft killing off purchasing unmerged Scroll of Resurrection accounts?

Earlier today Blizzard unveiled a new, unannounced change, as per this blue post. To merge older World of Warcraft accounts to a World of Warcraft battle.net license, you will now have to contact customer support. While the logic behind this could simply be that if an account is unmerged still, it will probably forever remain that way. However, this move could also be a strike to combat people purchasing accounts with the intent of expecting rare mounts, achievements, and pets, as well as a free level 80 character and/or a realm and faction change, and the accounts are great go-to's for botters to use. While the reasoning behind the update to SoR accounts is unclear, it is likely that it is so Blizzard can ensure that the names match up.

As some of you may know, there are several OwnedCore members who sell these unmerged World of Warcraft accounts. Could this move hurt business for them, or shut them down completely? If you plan on purchasing these accounts, are you going to take extra caution? Let us know how the process goes, and why you think Blizzard has made this recent change.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Pr3cious -
      Oh my business will be over if this happens
      Battler624 -
      oh pr3cious, you know giving away a free 70Month account might get your karma back on track and end this bizarre blizzard post
      greenhorn -
      My business
      Pr3cious -
      Quote Originally Posted by Battler624 View Post
      oh pr3cious, you know giving away a free 70Month account might get your karma back on track and end this bizarre blizzard post
      Hehe, what would you do with a 70 Month account not being able to merge it? :P
      Pr3cious -
      Hey guys, merging works again!
      xiongyunqiang -
      if I could have a level 80 charactor,I would choose to buy,but cheaper would be ok
      esp3rae -
      Merging without contact customer support still work ? Very bad decision :'(
      tubsie -
      all my sor accounts got banned to i had alot, poef gone money.
      I think blizzards is on to this because those are hacked accounts
      you will never be original owner if you think that!