• Blizzard now hiring. Are they finally trying to get things right?

Today on FaceBook Blizzard posted the following quote

‎Blizzard Entertainment is hiring! Do you have the passion and talent to be a part of the team? If you seek challenge, inspiration and excellence, then Blizzard is the company for you! We’re actively looking for developers across all disciplines, including: software engineers, designers, artists and producers. For information regarding full-time opportunities, internships and university relations, please visit Blizzard Entertainment:Career Opportunities. For the latest updates in career opportunities, follow us on Twitter: @blizzardcareers.
    -Blizzard

As the post says, they are looking for software engineers, designers, artists and producers. Perhaps they are looking for more people to join the team for Titan? Are they just falling shorthanded? We don't know at this point, but it seems safe to say that either their developers are leaving for better opportunities, or they need more help on upcoming releases. Perhaps they simply need more people to help their recent issues with their games going awry (see Diablo 3 launch).

So, OwnedCore members, what do you think Blizzard is hiring for, and why? Are they just understaffed? Are their current workers leaving too quickly to be replaced, causing Blizzard to call out to all of their followers to apply?

Until next time,
    Relican
    Comments 5 Comments
      ihatejunk -
      Blizzard seem to throw this recruiting message around from time-to-time. I don't think it's really worth reading into. Someone in their Human Resources department probably just had a slow day.
      PragmaThrice -
      I seem to remember hearing that they laid off a significant number of developers a few months ago. They may be trying to replace the contractors who aren't quite working out.
      p1mpz0r -
      they laid off CS people in Austin, they were not developers. If you check out their careers page you can see what they're looking for specifically. I know the core things they are looking into are mainly for South American transalation/support and probably quality assurance people.
      ReDragonInc -
      I would assume that the recent hiring suggests understaffed, or possibly solidifies the rumors of Vivindi selling off Activision Blizzard.
      DeMoN -
      its because anyone who is worth a damn has either quit or been fired. i mean shit look where they are posting their job openings...****ign facebook, blizzard has gone to true shit.