• Offgamers Selling Fake Gamecards!

I just wanted to alert my fellow gamers that a well known site you may be familiar with Offgamers.com has been confirmed to have sold FAKE US 60 day gamecards on 4 occassions confirmed now.

One of these occassions happened to be myself, the other 3 were people I found on the internet who made the same claim.

I purchased a 2 pack of 60 day US gamecards, 1 of them worked fine. One did not (said it was already in use)

I thought no big deal, because everyone does make mistakes. But after explaining this issue to live support and sending in about 30 screenshots, I was basically told im out of luck and have a nice day.

I will not be buying from Offgamers again, Gold wait time is HORRIBLE, and they sell fake products.

I advise you to pick a more ethical site such as MMOkings.com

Thanks
    Good Luck and HAPPY GAMING!

-7itanium
    MMOwned News Correspondence
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Offgamers Selling Fake Gamecards! started by 7itanium View original post
    Comments 32 Comments
      Nikentic -
      MMOKings.com is expensive. I haven't seen any "out-of-mmowned" reviews about it.

Offgamers has delivered over 1000$ worth of WoW EU stuff to me and my friends, and will always be supported.
      mongoosed -
      Thank you titanium for the heads up. I think that for some of these chinese/outsourced gold/key sellers, reputation and some bad service is part of the business they are running. I would rather give my patronage to a service that is serious about maintaining a 100% satisfaction record and gold/keys from reputable sources.
      nismoz91 -
      This is true, happened to me. I was going to do a deal with a user from this site for an account and he wanted a code for another game, I went to OffGamers bought the collectors pack and I was told that I would get a key to create another account. I bought it and they only sent me a code for some points, not the actual code to create an account. After a week of back and forth screenshots and email with their game card dept I was told I wouldn't get the code, needless to say I was pissed. No way I will ever buy form this place ever again, I guess it's back to drivin to GameStop.
      TheZaronz -
      Currently ordered powerleveling with them and they are great, previously I have also bought gold from them with nearly instant delivery. So this is in the news basicly because you had some bad experiences with them and got mad?

Well anyways, sorry to hear that. Try take this issue up with them in some more serious manner and they'll be forced to assist you. :/
      Sklug -
      I want to say that I have ordered from them in the past several times without issues... but I too a week ago ordered and got a fake card number that said it was already "in use." After a lot of hell with their customer service and me telling them that I had spent over $500 on their webpage and would never go there again if this was not corrected and I would take a lot of people with me, they sent me a new code. -- This was after an hr back and forth.

I never flipped out on them or lost my temper though. Remember, a customer service agent is much more likely to help you if you aren't taking crap out on them, as most likely, this was someone else's fault lol.

Something tells me they got scammed by whoever they bought the codes from. Sounds like they got a large bad batch maybe and are still pawning em off?

All I can say is... be careful, but most of the time this webpage is very reliable. I am eager to see what more people have to say about this.
      ruffneck2 -
      I must say, offgamers rocks. They have never done me wrong buying/selling. Its to bad that you had a really bad experience! +1 for OffGamers
      demerda -
      4 out of what?
      10000 things sold?

Its not really something to be worried
      Giwin -
      I have used off-gamers for years, they might be crap with english but i've never really had a problem with off-gamers.
      SacredSpenny -
      Thank you for this info!
      Sebastian011 -
      Gold wait times are horrible you say?
      You may wanna click the "I am online now" button1

I hardly ever wait more than 10 minutes
      Ket -
      Wow that is surprising. I've always had good dealings with Offgamers even though they are competitors in gold selling not gamecards ( I try to be on good terms with everyone in the business) so perhaps this was a fluke.
      OffGamers -
      Dear 7itanium,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies regarding your recent order. Our customer satisfaction is paramount to us as we will always strive to improve on all the services and products offered.

Unfortunately, following a review of the matter by OffGamers management, we are currently unable to fulfill your request. We investigated this matter and found that there were no inconsistencies. The records show the following:

Order was placed on 2010-11-10 19:48:26.
      Viewed time 2010-11-10 19:56:13
      used on 2010-11-11

As shown above, the order was viewed but used the following day.

We do advise all our users that CD-Key codes and any sensitive account information is kept strictly confidential to ensure security of all your purchases.
      mongoosed -
      Lol @ OffGamers with the copy/paste CS reply. When will they realize they are not some major corporation that can just shit on their customers with copy paste?
      vectorian -
      Hmm.. very interesting indeed. Been buying from them off and on for more than a year without a glitch or issues. As per their reply, I think you better check on your side mate or perhaps one of your family members used it cause it did happen to a friend of mine... lol

mongoosed - whether it is copy and paste, at least they give a damn and take the trouble to reply. This is a mark of a great corporation indeed.
      noes -
      Bought 2 gamecards, 2 vanilla+tbc accounts and never had problems.

I keep supporting this site.
      Sklug -
      Quote Originally Posted by OffGamers View Post
      Dear 7itanium,

We would like to extend our sincerest apologies regarding your recent order. Our customer satisfaction is paramount to us as we will always strive to improve on all the services and products offered.

Unfortunately, following a review of the matter by OffGamers management, we are currently unable to fulfill your request. We investigated this matter and found that there were no inconsistencies. The records show the following:

Order was placed on 2010-11-10 19:48:26.
      Viewed time 2010-11-10 19:56:13
      used on 2010-11-11

As shown above, the order was viewed but used the following day.

We do advise all our users that CD-Key codes and any sensitive account information is kept strictly confidential to ensure security of all your purchases.
      Ok, I have a question though... Is there a way you can actually check the date and time of when a game card was actually used? I mean, isn't this something only Blizz would know... If there is, great! If not, then how would offgamers actually know when the item was actually used?
      Fatherjesus -
      I'm with sklug on that one. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that. How do they know when the code was used? They can't. I call BS.
      shanonjackson1 -
      Actually after much thought into this, i do know several ways in which "Offgamers" can check Game-Card use. including going to wow website typing in code, then clicking cancel to see if it will work.
      Ayeros -
      I buyed over 15 game card on offgamers since 2 years and i never get any fake card.

sorry for you but i will still use them because they simply rock with instant code
      AlexXx007 -
      i buyed 2 cards yesterday , they works like evry time