Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model corruption after removing patched model edit?

I downloaded a BeF->ScF model edit and left it in wow directory during patching so it got merged with previous patch MPQs. I deleted the patch file and ran repair.exe. It worked but now the problem is that certain models are bugged (for example wrathful priest chest, only the "chest part", the lower part of the robe is working correctly), some boot models, and some shoulder models (for example warlock wrathful shoulders show as 2 boxes with white and blue grid on them). My question is:
    1)can this be consequence of the removed model edit or is it a separate problem I should fix using the official WoW problems
    2)if it proves to be a consequence of model editing please tell me how to fix the models

thx in advance

Model corruption after removing patched model edit?
    [Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delete patch.mpq and then run repair.exe again. It will reinstall your whole wow again. That is what you needed to do, even if you did deleted the patch that contained the model edit it doesn't mean repair.exe actually repairs the corrupted patches.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Spoiler]Hey I made a guide few hours ago and I'm still ywaiting for it to be approved... Posting it just for you xD

Hey there

In this guide I'll explain how to repair WoW if you forget to remove model edits before downloading new patch/using repair tool.

Tools:
    - Glitchys Model Editing Suite (Required for race -> race fixes)
    - My Warcraft Studio (Required for other fixes)
    - Ladiks MPQ Editor

Race -> Race fixes:

1. Open Glitchys MES and go to "Race Changer".

2. Input your WoW/Data path and choose save location for your .MPQ File (Location doesnt matter as long as you can find the file later)

3. Put race/sex you want to fix in "Your Race" AND in "Race To Change to" (Gnome Male in my case)

4. Tick the "Helm Fix" box and press Convert

5. When its finished, copy the .MPQ file you just created to your WoW/Data Folder and name it Patch-x.MPQ (x = any number 4-9 or letter a-z)

6. You're done! You can merge original .MPQ with new .MPQ To completely repair it but I won't explain how to do this in this guide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Other fixes (You must have original model files):

1. Open My Warcraft Studio and locate model you want to fix.

2. Write down treepath of the model.

3.Make a new .MPQ. (Open Ladiks MPQ Editor and press Ctrl+N to get this window)

4. Add original files to the .MPQ using original treepath.

5. Copy the .MPQ file you just created to your WoW/Data Folder and name it Patch-x.MPQ (x = any number 4-9 or letter a-z)

6. You're done! You can merge original .MPQ with new .MPQ To completely repair it but I won't explain how to do this in this guide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Using this method you can repair WoW much faster than deleting original .MPQ files and using Repair tool to reinstall it.

I recommend that you make a copy of your WoW folder just in case something goes wrong.
    [/Spoiler]
    NVM, this wont work for you... Just do what [Soul Eater] said
    Last edited by ohmaigawd; 08-14-2010 at 02:00 PM.

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART