Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

patches wont work, I think its a modeleditfix problem... help?

ohkay straight to the point... i have done everything with my "MyWarCraftStudio" that lex's guide tells me how to do... once the patch is made i name it "patch-5" put it in my "Data" folder then hit the "up one" button to get me back to the "World of Warcraft" folder where i double click "WoWME.exe" what seems to be a command prompt window pops up then dissapeares just before the login screen comes up, i then press F8 and type in my username and pass, but when i log in, nothing has changed... i am not sure why this is.. wow seems to just be ignoring the .MPQ.. so i think it might be a problem with modeleditfix, some threads on this site indicated that there was a file you could open in notepad called "WoWME.cfg" where you type in the name of your patch... i dont know about yours but my modeleditfix didnt come with a .cfg or a readme.. just the exe, so i downloaded a "WoWME.cfg" and did what the other thread told me to do... this still doesn't work for me though so i need someones help... i found a link on this site supposedly to a new version of modeleditfix, but it just lead to an unowned page... so yea... im kinda seriously confoozed... is there any way i can download lex's version of modeleditfix?? ^_^

i do think that it is modeleditfix that is my problem, i can +Rep now so anyone who can get me a version of modeleditfix that works gets +Rep'd.

ty in advance for any help given

-daegra.

patches wont work, I think its a modeleditfix problem... help?
    narglebargle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /sign

I have exactly the same freaking problem.
    Praying for help

Squabert's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an easy fix. The first thing you need to do is change patch-5.mpq, to patch-5.MPQ, the 2.4.3 Wowmef dosnt load it without the caps. Then the second thing to do is, once you open wow with the WOWMEF, You need to minimize, and go into your wow folder and delete the file scan.dll.new. It is a file that wow creates everytime you open wow, and If you dont delete that file, WOWMEF dosnt work.

Best of luck!

-Squabert

narglebargle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers,mate
    Thanks alot

Daegra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mine isnt working, i must be using an out of date WoWME.exe .. do i still need to do the .cfg change thing?

(DW i found kynox's one, even has a readme file ^_^)
    Last edited by Daegra; 08-14-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added bracket words

Squabert's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daegra View Post
    mine isnt working, i must be using an out of date WoWME.exe .. do i still need to do the .cfg change thing?
    No....? The 2.4.3 MEF is just a standalone .exe. The .cfg file dosnt exist anymore.

Daegra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya, i saw in teh readme lol, sweeet ty =D +Rep for the helper as i promised =)

kevinno's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daegra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol.. sept it was completely different =O

my wow ddnt crash.. just didnt care that the MPQ was there...

and i didnt have kynox's thing, in fact, getting it was what made it work =) ty kynox =)

Xelex's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by squabert View Post
    it's an easy fix. The first thing you need to do is change patch-5.mpq, to patch-5.mpq, the 2.4.3 wowmef dosnt load it without the caps. Then the second thing to do is, once you open wow with the wowmef, you need to minimize, and go into your wow folder and delete the file scan.dll.new. It is a file that wow creates everytime you open wow, and if you dont delete that file, wowmef dosnt work.
    qft .

visitor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    16/15
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Squabert View Post
    It's an easy fix. The first thing you need to do is change patch-5.mpq, to patch-5.MPQ, the 2.4.3 Wowmef dosnt load it without the caps. Then the second thing to do is, once you open wow with the WOWMEF, You need to minimize, and go into your wow folder and delete the file scan.dll.new. It is a file that wow creates everytime you open wow, and If you dont delete that file, WOWMEF dosnt work.

Best of luck!

-Squabert
    i did everything as you said but i deleted scan.dll.new and my fkin reskin doesnt work
    i opened MWCS and the treepath is correct and the skin i edited shows up no prob with the .MPQ
    Last edited by visitor; 08-17-2008 at 08:57 AM.
    Hey I just met you

anthonyninja1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daegra View Post
    ohkay straight to the point... i have done everything with my "MyWarCraftStudio" that lex's guide tells me how to do... once the patch is made i name it "patch-5" put it in my "Data" folder then hit the "up one" button to get me back to the "World of Warcraft" folder where i double click "WoWME.exe" what seems to be a command prompt window pops up then dissapeares just before the login screen comes up, i then press F8 and type in my username and pass, but when i log in, nothing has changed... i am not sure why this is.. wow seems to just be ignoring the .MPQ.. so i think it might be a problem with modeleditfix, some threads on this site indicated that there was a file you could open in notepad called "WoWME.cfg" where you type in the name of your patch... i dont know about yours but my modeleditfix didnt come with a .cfg or a readme.. just the exe, so i downloaded a "WoWME.cfg" and did what the other thread told me to do... this still doesn't work for me though so i need someones help... i found a link on this site supposedly to a new version of modeleditfix, but it just lead to an unowned page... so yea... im kinda seriously confoozed... is there any way i can download lex's version of modeleditfix?? ^_^

i do think that it is modeleditfix that is my problem, i can +Rep now so anyone who can get me a version of modeleditfix that works gets +Rep'd.

ty in advance for any help given

-daegra.
    If you are using vista you need to:
    Open your WoW folder.
    On the top of the folder window you will see:Organize Views Open Share and Burn..
    Click organize, then click Folder and search options.
    In the new window click the View tab.
    Under advanced settings make sure where it says Hidden files and Folders that you have Show hidden files and folders bubbled in.
    Right under that it says "Hide extensions to known file types"
    Make sure that box is not checked in..
    Now go rename the patch so that it will have .MPQ at the end, then start wow and enjoy!
    EDIT: You still have to use MEF but it will work this time =P