Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marick's "Gathering Professions" guide. Leveling faster with good UI.

Gathering professions are nothing more than mining, herbalism and skinning. Leveling these professions is easy but time consuming since you can't buy materials from the auction house, you need to go and get dirty. Being a level 70 and starting mining for example, would mean you need to take time off from gaining honor, rep and other more important things, to go back to the starter areas and level the profession. Now getting from 0 to 150 for example is easy, and you could do it in a day but some professions take longer than others, for example:

Herbalism:
    As alliance, the best way to start with herbalism is to go to darnassus, pick up the skill and grind in the surrounding area. It is very easy to level that skill there and you could easily get to 150 in under 2 hours since there are many herbs to be picked.
    Note: I would suggest you do it in late hours when no one is around.

As horde, it is a bit more difficult to level herbalism since there isn't allot of herbs in the starter areas. I would suggest, especially as a horde to get to 70 before you level herbalism since it makes it easier because you need to travel allot due to the open spaces and having a fast mount would really help.

Mining:
    Probably the most popular profession to have, mining will get you allot of currency especially coupled with a profession like blacksmithing or even engineering. Mining, on the other hand, is the most time consuming because its harder to find minerals to mine and you really have to know where to look.

Skinning:
    This profession is by far the easiest because all you got to do is kill mobs. This is a good profession to have for leveling.

Now to what this guide was really meant.
    I provide a service to people in which I level their professions. Its good if you don't have the time to do this, but if you have the time and don't want to give your account to someone you don't know then I will tell you how I do it. This is by far the fastest way to legally level your profession.

1. Install Cartographer.
    Cartographer | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

2. Install all the necessary addons
    Cartographer_Herbalism
    Cartographer_Mining
    Cartographer_Data

Now the map should look like thisIgnore all the mess, I have many map mods and sometimes forget to disable some :yuck

Look at the mini map... see the purple circles? When you click on the ability you get when starting a profession (Track Minerals etc) those purple circles will show up. All they mean is that there was, there will be or there is a mineral to mine or herb.

If you follow them, soon enough you will find something. You no longer have to guess, you are pretty much guaranteed to find something.

And surely... there it is.

hope this guide helped at least a little bit. Its nothing fancy just something fast. Gethering professions are not an exact science. :wave:

Marick's "Gathering Professions" guide. Leveling faster with good UI.
    prisms's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, heard of this mod before but never really looked into it, and with the mining pinpoints on the minimap it really improved my daily mining route. +rep

Gummibär's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2REP

Great guide! Thanks for the nice add-ons.
    Scammed Gold: 31821g

front243's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tip, I use it myself

You should add Cartographer_Routes to the list of addons since Routes can automatically draw routes to gather on your maps

°º¤øatmosphereø¤º°'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks will try this out

Eepi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this with my lvl 70 hunter but I only downloaded Gatherer instead of those Cartographer/it's plugins. You can download it from here: GathererAddOn.

Gatherer is good because you can see every mining/herbalism/treasure nodes.

But +rep for good guide!