0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Ultimate Class overview!

Hey yeah, Teufel here. This is a huge guide about classes in general.
    Okay, first off, this guide is not pure criticly meant. I only want to share 'my knowledge' with WoW, since I've leveled a lot of Chars and I'm playing a lot Arena.

What you will find in this guide :
    1. A hint how you should skill for leveling, every class
    2. A hint how you should skill for LvL 70 PvE/PvP aimed Players.
    3. How to get pretty nice gear very easy
    4. Setup's for Arena 2v2 and 3v3
    5. A summary after each " how to skill " and some tips. (1-70)

What you will NOT find in this guide :

1. Where to level your Char

NOTE: I WILL ONLY POST A LINK WITH ~20-30 POINTS GIVEN OUT, AT LEAST, IT DEPENS ON YOU WHAT YOU WANNA SKILL AND MINE ARE ONLY IDEAS!

1. A hint how you should skill for leveling, every class

Warrior
    Well, warrior is a little bit difficult I think. If you want to go strict to lvl 70 without PvP etc, I would prefer a Fury build. But if you love PvP with a zomgpown warrior like me, I would prefer a Mortal Strike build. Now you'll find a link to a fury beginning build, below and I'm sure you'll note that there are only 25points given out, yeah, because it will only show you where to put your points into at the beginning.

Fury build

Summary & tips:
    A warrior is quite hard to level and it's not that nice. Pure DMG is the key to get LvL 70 as fast as it is possible, and this is fury. Also, fury makes you a better dmg-skilled tank, so you've got a benefit when it comes to tanking, eh? Make sure you have enough food to eat.

________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Rogue
    Rogue is quite easy to level since he makes a lot of DMG. For leveling a rogue, I would suggest you to make a combat-rogue, because you have pure dmg and you don't need to spend your combatpoints in stuns. Well, at least you should spend some points in the other trees because there are some "must-have" things.

Combat/Multilate Build

Summary & tips:
    A rogue is quiet easy, as long as you have some good weapons and some basical knowledge about a rogue, it won't take so long to reach lvl 70. Make sure you've got like 5-10 things to eat.
    Pure DMG is the key. Do one quest after the other, quite simple as a rogue.

________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________

Shaman
    The best build to reach lvl 70 is skilling meleedmg. Not much to say here, Melee-shaman is teeeeh dmg and it will not take much time to get lvl 70.

Melee-shaman build

Summary & Tips:
    Keep enough water with you, otherwise it's a pain in the ass. If you play correctly, then even a monkey can reach lvl 70 with a shaman.

Druid
    Druid a.k.a. Big Teddybear eh? hehe, yeah I think you know what my favorite build is. Feral. Why not mookin? Well, moonkin sucks hardly since it needs mana like dog something what he can bark at, you understand? Like at every other class is the key pure dmg, what you can reach with feral aswel very simple.

Feral spec build

Summary & tips:
    You need some water, 15-20 should be enough, because you can heal yourself up and making terrible damage and a druid doesn't need that much heal.

Hunter
    LOL, I think every newb know how you should skill when you start a hunter, think of the million goldfarmers and the clever people here know that I'm speaking of a beastmaster skill. In case, you don't have to do that much, your pet will be able to kill everything what passes its way, just use the auto-attack-function :P. No, serious for real, the pet makes a lot of dmg but you have to support it... not that hard, and a monkey could play a beastmaster^^

Beastmaster specc

Summary & tips :
    Where do you put your points into depends on you, I just posted my tree where I would put my points into in general, where to put it into first etc should you be able to decide. Keep some water with you, like 15-20 eh?

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Priest
    Priest requiers time, lol fukkin much time...It depens on you whether you want to make levels by making countless instances or questing. I would suggest you to do it with quests 'cause you won't find that much groups for low-level instances. Keep it simple & easy and skill shadow ( you can also heal with shadow fine in low-instances, should not effect your healing that much ). A priest is a nice farmchar but he needs a lot of water, A LOT! ( If you've got a higher lvl )

Shadowpriester build

Summary & tips:
    A shadowpriest makes a lot of fun, you can own everything what passes your way, but he need nearly as much water as the moonkin does... Make sure you've got more than 40 Water ( I used 60, rebuyed when I reached 20 ) with you, well, low-lvl priest doesn't need that much water but if you reach lvl ~40+ you should have enough, otherwise it will be a pain in the ass.

________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Mage
    Mage = easymode. In generel, mage is THE char for lvling. I mean, you have water & bread for free, 'much' mana and tons of possibilities to nuke the mob even if you're low on health. Although you need some skill for playing a mage, it isn't hard to make him reach lvl 70, should be not a problem, even for noobs. As such, I would suggest you to choose a fire specc since it makes a lot of dmg, frost is also fine, but I'll post a firespecc.

Mage fire build

Summary & tips :
    A mage makes a lot of fun and it's worth to play one. Further more, he's a great farmer and really simple to lvl. I would really suggest you one if you haven't played one yet...

Warlock
    Really, playing a lock makes as much fun as playing a mage, but with one difference... An affliction-lock never gets oom. Never, ever. Remember that. Leveling a lock is as easy as breathing, no, breathing is too hard. My grandmother could have a LvL 70 Warlock without problems, as long as you keep skilling affliction, there's no problem.

Affliction-lock-specc

Summary & tips:
    Dot and fear is the key! NEVER,EVER SKILL SOULLINK, AFFLICTION IS BETTER!!! And if you playing the lock right, you've got absolutley no reason for buying water or food.

Paladin
    ... Doesn't make dmg and not that easy to train. I have not that much to say about a Pala since I've ony a lvl 16 one. But it's worth to get one to lvl 70, healing with a Pala makes fukking fun, really. For sure I would suggest you to make a retribution-pala, goes fast but it's not that funny...

Retri-Pala

Summary & tips:
    A lvl 70 pala makes fun but lvling one not, imo. You need some water, like 20-30... Note: A pala makes more dmg than you might think :P

A hint how you should skill for LvL 70 PvE/PvP Players!
    Mainly, I won't write a comment to every build. Only posting a link to my favorite Skilltree in PvE/PvP. I mean Arena with PvP, remind that!

Warrior
    PvP MS Build
    PvE DMG Build
    PvE Def Build

Rogue
    PvE Dagger Build
    PvP Dagger Build

Shaman
    PvE Melee-Shaman
    PvP Elemental Build
    PvP Melee-Shaman

Druid
    PvP Caster Druid
    PvE Feral Build
    PvE Heal Druid

Hunter
    PvE Hunter
    PvP Beastmaster
    PvE Beastmaster

Priest
    PvP/PvE Shadowbuild
    PvP Disc/Holybuild
    PvE Healer

Mage
    Frostmage PvP
    Firemage PvE

Warlock
    SL/Affli-lock-PvP
    PvE-Damage-Machine
    PvP-Destor-lock

Paladin
    PvP Holypala
    PvE Holypala

3. How to get pretty nice gear very easy
    • PvE-Gear

It depends what you aimed at. If you want to rock instances and raiding, first, start collecting your dungeonset ( T3,5 if you want... ). It gives you a basic, good pre-raiding equip and it's MUCH easier to be accepted at your desired guild when you can show them you've got the best pre-raiding gear, which costs nothing and 'easy' to get.
    For sure, there are many other possibilities to get non-raid equip. The key is PvP and using your/others professions. Well, at least it's expensive as hell, but items made from yourself/others are mostly better than the first Karazhan Items.
    A little bit of PvE Gear is for sure usefull, too. Although they've got resilence & stamina etc which doesn't really needed for PvE, but they have pretty nice +heal | spelldmg etc. Combine these 3 and you will have nice gear soon!

• PvP-Gear
    Well, this is much easier than farming that shitty PvE Dungeon Set there. The only thing you have to do is just playing 24/7 PvP, Battlegrounds and farming honor. Make sure that you always use the bonus-honor-weeks, in this order they come up:

1. Warsong
    2. Arathi Basin
    3. Eye of the Storm
    4. Alterac Valley

When you're aiming at PvP, then you must have some arenateams, at least 2v2,3v3 and 5v5. You can farm pre-arenagear by simply making honor as hell. Buy the Grandmarshal/High Warlord-Set and you've got pretty nice pre equip because these sets has the stats you need for making PvP! For sure the random Epic-honor-rewards is a must have. Farming honor goes faster than you think and it's kinda funny, huh? 'Nuff said.

4. Setup's for Arena 2v2, 3v3
    Finnaly, the last section of this guide. My fingers are burning... Here you'll find nice setup's for 2v2 and 3v3 for every class, yo?
    Note: the '(s)' after a setup stands for suggestion, and the (h) for if you're a healer!

Warrior
    2v2 : | Paladin | Manaburnpriest | Healdruid (s) | Melee-/Healshami.
    3v3 : | Paladin/Frostmage | Paladin/Manaburnpriest (s) | Paladin/Second Healer | Shadowpriest/Dotlock.

Rogue
    2v2 : | Feral | Healdruid | Pala | Priest (s)
    3v3 : | Feral/Randomhealer | Shadowpries/Dotlock (s) | Warrior/Frostmage.

Shaman
    2v2 : | Warrior
    3v3 : | Warrior/Feral (h) | Shadow/Dotlock (h) | Warlock/Frostmage (h) | Warrior/Manaburnpriest (h)(s)

Hunter
    2v2 : | Frostmage | Healer | Manaburnpriest (s)
    3v3 : | Feral/Healer | Rogue/Manaburnpriest (s)

Druid
    2v2 : | Warrior (h)(s) | Rogue |
    3v3 : | Warrior/Feral (h) | Warrior/Frostmage (h)(s) | Warrior/Rogue (h) |

Priest
    2v2 : | Dotlock (s) | Rogue (h)
    3v3 : | Warrior/Paladin (manaburn) | Frostmage/Rogue (manaburn) | Dotlock/Rogue (shadow)(s) |

Mage
    2v2 : | Frostmage (s) | SL-Lock | Feral
    3v3 : | Warrior/Healer (s) | Frostmage/Frostmage | Priest/Rogue |

Warlock
    2v2 : | S.Priest (s) | Pala |
    3v3 : | S.Priest/Rogue (s) | S.Priest/S.Priest | S.Priest/Manab.Priest |

Paladin
    2v2 : | Warrior (s) | Rogue | Dot-Lock |
    3v3 : | Warrior/Feral | Dotlock/S.Priest (s) | Frostmage/Warrior | H.Shami/Warrior |

Feedback!
    I want a lot of feedback whether I've done a good job at writing a guide or not. I can live with critic and won't start crying... I want Feedback because I spent like 3-4 houres in writing this!

Suggestions for improvement
    ... are welcome. If you think I have something written what is incorrect, please tell me. But sounds alright to me ( for sure it does, it's my guide :P )... I've leveled nearly every class or playing the ones I haven't by using a friends' account, so I know what they can and what not. Also, I asked my friends what they think abot leveling an aimed class, so this is the result of a discussion and it should be right, but I'm open for every suggestion for improvement
    Last edited by Mudkip; 10-27-2007 at 01:57 PM.

[Guide] Ultimate Class overview!
    Messages's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: [Guide] Ultimate Class overview!

Please edit typos, a guide with typos suck, like Quiet which means be silent, instead of "Rogue is quiet-- easy" type quite? :P And fact as well, Rogue is not easy, its boring like ****.
    Last edited by Messages; 10-26-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Mudkip's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure I will have a second look at that, but first I'll post the whole thing... There should be more typos in it, I'm german but I try my best.
    P.S. Quiet -> quite is the result of fast, careless typing...

holmedog's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for putting a guide together!

Having said that, almost everything you have posted is subjective, and what isn't an opinion isn't exactly right either. I've leveled both a priest and a warrior, and your comments are no where near on target for either one of them.

Varu's Avatar Knight-Captain
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since when has fire been the pro choice for mage leveling, fire = raid + dmg, kills your mana so a lot more breaks, frost will do more crits and uses like no mana =]
    Last edited by Varu; 10-26-2007 at 07:50 PM.

blahtah's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 tip.... feral druids shouldn't need any water... i can grind for hrs without using water... unless i am healing like 12k hp i won't go oom with like 5k mana and with dps gear.... druids just need to swap out use a healing touch or regrowth and swap back and by the time ur low hp again the mana should hav regened
    Last edited by blahtah; 10-26-2007 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know, but having some water will help I think. That's why I wrote 15-20, not that much and it's for emergencys eh?

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DMG is the key and not to stun because it's quite useless, eh?

I stoped reading

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh, I think you understood me wrong, well, you're right, I wrote it quite unclearly, for sure it's not useless, I'll fix that.
    Edit: I hope you know that where this stood was the 1-70 section. And my opinion is that you don't really need stuns for LVLing a rogue, of course for PvP etc. That's why i suggest you to use a combattree since this is the way to kill your enemy as fast as you can, eh?
    Last edited by Mudkip; 10-26-2007 at 05:52 PM.

Vixxi's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuns = Same if not more damage being done, without taking damage and only adding 4 seconds to a fight.

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think so, do so. I'm not a fan of stunning and more of dmg, at least at leveling...

Ozrien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a monkey could play a beastmaster^^
    Too true.....too true.

Your day will come.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions to Change - 1 - It's Frost Mage, not Icemage which you have got wrong many times 2 - Some of your views on a recommended spec are a little strange to me, I would tend to give people advice on speccing, not saying that they should spec like this

darbdavys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leveling a priest myself now, and have to say, that 2-3 drinks are enough. Just bubble holy shock (i'm 24 atm ^^), mind blast, wand. Sw p sometimes, against a harder mob, but after kill i get spirit tap, so absolutely no need to drink. Will +rep you when the mistakes are fixed

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will +rep you when the mistakes are fixed
    Same