Greatly increase your speed for long jumps (exploration) or fast taps in rbg's!(Worg) menu

User Tag List

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greatly increase your speed for long jumps (exploration) or fast taps in rbg's!(Worg)

I guess many people who played rbg got the situation in battle of gilneas where it's 1:1 and an endless zerg at the waterworks. Whenever this happens, the team with the fastest mine/lighthouse tap wins the game. The thing is, the horde way to the mines is a bit shorter than the way for the alliance..this is why I made some theorycrafting. Ofc, this will help you in normal battlegrounds too!
    I got some taps even before the horde could tap their mines today and I thought it would be a good idea to share it here, because you can also use it for exploiting in zones where you can't mount (otherworld, instances etc).
    You can get yourself faster than an epic flight mount and this is how it works:
    - Darkflight stacks with speed increases
    - rocket boots are usable in rbg/bg
    - if you're druid, you can also run in travel form and use the 4pc feral bonus for another 15%

What you gonna do when the bg starts is the following, you run the first meters (you will find yourself how long you have to ride, but only about 2-3secs) while your paladin turns aura mastery on and then dismount with the following macro:

[spoiler]
    #show Rocket Boots Xtreme
    /dismount
    /cast Darkflight(Racial)
    /use Rocket Boots Xtreme
    /cast !Travel Form(Shapeshift)

If you aren't a druid, just don't copy the last line. [/spoiler]

After getting used to the macro and after you know where to start running with the boots, you will notice getting the taps 1sec or more before the horde.

Tips:
    It stacks with the runspeed boots in the rbg's (Warsong, Twin Peaks etc.)
    You can also use it in twin peaks as alliance druid/rogue flag carrier. Just ask for slowfall when you leave the alliance base, activate the macro and use the speed to jump down your base. You will travel so damn fast that you should be over the bridge of the river (stealthed) and it should be easy to stealth into their base then to get a quick and easy flag
    When playing Battle of Gilneas and you have 2 paladins, a mage and a rogue, try this: Mount up, as soon as the door opens, activate aura mastery and run towards waterworks. Use the second aura mastery when the first one is over, after that, use the macro and start tapping waterworks. Now your mage trys to hold the horde/alliance of with novas while the rogue lays a smoke bomb on you. 95% of all games you get the tap before the opponents have a chance of stopping you.

Last edited by Classicclean; 03-02-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Greatly increase your speed for long jumps (exploration) or fast taps in rbg's!(Worg)
    Sup3r's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, just done it from the top of the hills in stormwind

Classicclean's Avatar Constructeur de lá Fotz
    Thanks G/R