Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zamoonda's Guide to Raid Tanking - Icecrown Citadel

Prologue

I am Zamoonda, foremostly. This is just because I used my former druid's name (No, his name isn't this any longer.) waaay back in '08. Now I use an alias, named Zamoonda. I really hope you would enjoy the guide I worked hard for.

Secondly, I am quite, quite aware that almost too many of you would say, "Lolz. This is dead obvious." Well, it appears to not be for many. Here, I am going to cover the strategies for tanking, and most definitely going to be very useful for both healers and DPSers, for this covers the strategy as well. Far too many people find the raid leaders doing 5-sentence tips, which are quite, quite useless.

This is for Icecrown Citadels. I would be releasing at random more guides, however please note these are not the #1 epic guides. But these are very simple, effective, organized and working guides on how to tank professionally in the raid Icecrown Citadel. I shall be covering both the 10 and 25 man, unfortunately I will have no coverage of the Heroic versions.

Preparing

If you are new to Icecrown Citadel you would need every boost you can. People that are even in icc25-geared are confident that they can tank Marrowgar foolproof. However, what if you have a bad healer? Improve yourself, improve your healers!

You want Flask of Stoneblood - Spell - World of Warcraft, Healers and magical DPSers (shadow priests, mages, warlocks etc) would normally have Flask of the Frost Wyrm - Spell - World of Warcraft, and melee DPSers would usually have Flask of Endless Rage - Spell - World of Warcraft. Do not concern yourself with food buff; if you are going with your guild, the officers would most likely be coming with Fish Feast. However, if you are going with a pug, and you want it to work, then ask around in the raid if anyone has Fish Feast. If not, buy from AH half a stack of Fish Feast. Even 150 extra dps could be the difference between a 3% wipe and a BITES THE DUST situation.

However, you could also benefit either a +40 Strength or +40 Expertise through either Dragonfin Filet - Spell - World of Warcraft or
    Rhinolicious Wormsteak - Spell - World of Warcraft whom Spleen suggested. The strength might be a bit more useless, but it would be quite an addition for some extra expertise for the additional aggro, which is always welcome.

You want also to be cooking, to make sure the above would work for you. Cooking is an invaluable profession to every class and role.

Other Notes:

1. I am not going to post any strategies for the Weekly quests.

2. I will post a bit of info about other roles, but this is completely for tanks. However, any dps or healer can quite know the general idea of the encounter. I may write a guide for the rest in due time.

3. Please, comment!

The Lower Spire

The First Trash

I highly disencourage you to fall asleep here! This is in many ways a tricky situation. There are traps located in the first and second rooms. In the left and right sides, you see a big black statue stuck to the wall. You would want a rogue with your group to detect where they are; either to disable them, or to make you guys prepared to grab it should you want REP with the Ashen Verdict.

Pull one by one. Clear the whole room if you must, this is rather unimportant. With the mages, you want as an Off-Tank (tell the Off-tank to do so if you are the Main Tank) to face away the Mages from the raid. They do an ice wave that slams into the raid for a little, yet annoying amount of damage. If in an ICC25 raid, and you don't have a lot of good gear (say 5k GS), if all of them hit you which is a very big possibility, or another DPS/healer that is under attack, it very much could result in a Killing Blow.

The big guys do extreme damage. They do cleaves that share damage, you and your off-tank want to stack on each other and critically face away that giant. He would do roars that, if any spellcaster is casting at that moment, silence them from spellcasting for a few good seconds, thus this does not concern you. However, you must NOT let any DPSer or healer be under or in front of him. This is very critical, because one or two hits on a mage or a rogue, and they die.

Lord Marrowgar

This is a rather simple fight, Lord Marrowgar has a few, yet cunning spells at his disposal, however you want to start off with positioning.

As either an OT (Off-tank) or the MT (Main Tank), you would want to stack. Always. Treat Lord Marrowgar like an elite skeletal giant you saw from the earlier rooms. I highly recommend taking off the spell detail, because it does some serious fps lag if your computer is like min, and it isn't exactly the worst computer. (7600 Nvdia series, Windows XP with dual core) You want to run to him, and immediately charge if you are a druid or a warrior, or throw a spell at him to grab his attention. Immediately, as the OT stack on the MT who should know what he's doing, if you're the MT immediately run through him and make him face towards the big icy spire behind you. This is what I'm talking about; your camera would be very close, and it's frosty detail does some serious pain if you don't have a nice graphic card.

As I said earlier, Lord Marrowgar has many spells at his disposal. The first you would see from him would be Bone Spike Graveyard.

Bone Spike Graveyard, in 10-man, would be a spike that comes from the ground and impales a DPS or healer. This should not worry you, the DPS should be on it asap. It's just so that you won't panic when it says in yellow Lord Marrowgar is casting Bone Spike Graveyard! In 25-man, it would spike three players.

The second, most important to you of his abilities is his cleave. You want to stack, and again, not let ANYONE in front of him. This is rather tricky when you grab him, but if you're doing it right, and your raid, it shouldn't be a problem at all! Just stack, and all would be well.

However, if it wasn't for his Coldflame ability you would be half-AFKing there. He would be shooting most commonly blue flames at your direction, doing 6,000 damage a tick on 10 man, and 8,000 on 25 man. You want to avoid this, but you must NOT move randomly. If it pops up in front of you, go left. Then, when it pops, don't go left again, go right. Left, right, left, right. So the OT would have a general idea which area you are getting to, without you suffering extra damage. I don't recommend going fully out of it. Just on it's edge, where you see you are no longer suffering "yellow damage" it is safe to stand. It's just a small sidestep, making this much less irritating.

Next up, and the last of his abilities, is Bone Storm. He would enter a mass whirlwind that is increased and reduced by your range of him. The closer you are, the more damage you take and vice verse. Stay where you are, or just go a bit to the middle and you would be able to Charge him from anywhere. However, as a paladin you'd have to stay close. He would charge someone four times. On the fourth time he charges (start counting when you see him doing it) get ready with your Taunt button, and charge towards him / head towards him when he stops moving from his fourth charge. And before he starts attacking, you would have around 0.5 - 1 second of delay before he would start attacking. When you see him stopping, instantly taunt him and face him away from the raid. Never, ever towards the middle. Don't even move him, unless he stops at the middle, in which case bring him immediately to the closest edge of the room, and face him away.

At around the second to fourth Bonestorm, depending on the type of your raid, Lord Marrowgar should die, with a satisfying scream of, "I see .. only darkness .."

The Second Trash.

This trash, most fortunately, is rather short. There are two groups in there, and another 2 lonely mobs at the corners. You want to have your raid hide behind either the right wall or the left wall, depending on which group you pull. Throw at them a spell or taunt, and run behind the wall, where you should do as much as AoE Damage as possible. Try as frequently as you can to silence in any way the spellcasters, who would be a bit further than the melee, so they would group up and take the AoE damage from your DPSers as well.

The second group does not require a hiding. Just charge in because you have nothing to fear. However, on the High Priests, who look like purple standing cockroaches, they have a special ability. It's called Dark Reckoning, which, when the timer ends on it, causes some serious leeching damage. If you are cast by it, make sure to write quickly "TAUNT" and run away, preferably into the nearest of those small corridors. With any luck, the other tank is quick-witted and would immediately, or very soon after, taunt away. Go back there, let him tank, if it happens again, taunt off of him.

Kill the other one; only Deathwhisper remains.

Lady Deathwhisper

Lady Deathwhisper is a rather tricky boss. The first half is the most annoying one, however the second should be quite easy. She, on all versions, summon a few mobs from those short corridors I talked about earlier. Several type of creatures arrive, Cult Adherent and a [url=http://thottbot.com/c37890[/url]. (The first link appears to be rather incorrect.)

These two creatures split into several through chance. On 10-man, there would be one tank at each side, ready to pick up the mobs, and on 25-man, a hunter would misdirect to the Main Tank the mob that comes from the back.

Watch out for Deathwhisper's Death and Decay, I highly suggest turning up the spell detail for this encounter to better note the Death and Decay. It is highly encouraged, or even required. You need to seriously watch out for the Fanatics. If you see them becoming a giant zombie, immediately run out of range and start kiting them, but try to keep aggro on the others. It'll die in a few moments from the mass dps from other players.

Continue like this, until the shield pops. Get ready and keep watching the DBM mana, and get ready to grab her, if you're the one who's supposed to do so first. Taunt her and it matters not where you face her. (Preferably away from the raid; extra damage.)

Be ready to run away from Death & Decay. You would require to exchange taunts frequently. She will start giving you stacks that lower the threat generated. On 3 stacks, you must tell the other tank to pull, and you have to pull at three tanks. (The reasonable amount.)

Continue like this, your only concern would be Death and Decay and the debuff; and congratulations, Deathwhisper bites the dust!

The Third Trash

This trash is rather simple. Just a few mobs, try to CC the Druid and Priest and Shamans. After the second group of mobs, there's a big empty circular area that separates you from another 2 groups. When you get near it, a Frost Wyrm will come. Face it away from the raid, pewpew, and head left, where a big ship is. Welcome to the Icecrown Gunship Battle.

Icecrown Lootship Battle.

This, imo, is easier than even Flame Leviathan. Pathetic fight, and piss easy!

You would note numerous amount of cannons, there are more in the 25-man version. Ask first if you are on our ship (usually paladin or death knight / the off tank) or you are on the other ship (usually warrior / feral druid / death knight or main tank.)

When the encounter starts, you would begin soaring upwards. However, about midway, a Horde Gunship, known as Orgrim's Hammer, will soar towards you; with none other than Overlord Saurfang at it's head.

If you're on the Alliance ship, prepare for some AFK if you're a paladin. Every around half a minute, would come around half a dozen, give or take a few depending on 10 or 25, mobs. Just grab them, tank and spank and you're done.

If you are, however, on the other ship, you would need to talk to a Goblin. Just speak to him, and you would earn a Rocket Pack. Put this on, and prepare. When it comes, just stand near the cannons. When you see them freeze, immediately right click your Rocket Pack (preferably place it in one of the numerous Action Bars; surely there are some unused areas, or no-longer-used items or spells there for you to overwrite. (That is, assuming you have the right and bottom left and right enabled. I would be shocked if you do not.)

Simply hit the rocket pack and fly there. Grab High Overlord Saurfang and bring him to the edge of the ship, closest to your raid. Your healers would stay firmly on your ship, healing you. Meanwhile DPSers would fly as well, now that you have Saurfang on you, to kill a mage. With every hit, High Overlord Saurfang's damage is increased by 10%, if I am correct, a hit. This means that you should fly around a second after you see that mage dead, to make sure the DPSers would have enough time to flee; Saurfang would still try to attack you for a few moments, I find it completely safe to fly away even a second before the mage dies.

Repeat, and finally, congratulations! Lootship down.

Deathbringer Saurfang

This, is of course, the toughest in this section. Deathbringer Saurfang is a rather simple fight, however very, very hard without DBM or Big Wigs. You should position yourself, stacking over the other tank, facing the raid around a foot from the middle of the stairs, it doesn't quite matter. When the raid starts, you have around 45-50 seconds of a lore view. You should use this to perfectly position yourself behind Deathbringer Saurfang, so that he would NOT face a bit to the left or right, and stay firmly facing you and away from the raid.

He has several abilities at his disposal, however none of them concern you but one. Saurfang would repeatedly use a spell called [url=http://www.wowhead.com/spell=72447]Rune of Blood.[/burl] This spell, whenever Saurfang hits you, he regenerates a good percentage of his health. You must NOT let Saurfang hit you more than once or twice, or this could result in serious delay of his death, which, if you are new to ICC, could result in your healers losing mana, and thus resulting in the difference between a wipe and the biting of the dust.

Otherwise, this is a tank and spank. With every hit, however, Deathbringer Saurfang would gain Blood energy, which slowly he would hit faster and harder. When he reaches 100, he would cast Rune of the Fallen Champion which utterly murders a random raid member apart from the tank. (Or at least I have never, ever, ever experienced it hitting me.)

You should always be prepared to taunt, however I find myself many times when I was fresh from this raid, in my hysteria hitting the Taunt button when I receive it, causing some serious healing to Saurfang.

Another important note is to absolutely not do any AoE damage when those beasts comes; meaning, never do Concecration, paladins. Be wary from doing Thunder Clap. He would spam 2 beasts at 10 man, or 4 (or was it 6) at 25-man. With every hit these things do, Saurfang regenerates hp just as if you had the debuff on him. Meaning WATCH OUT!

And thus ends the guide to The Lower Spire. I shall be updating with The Plagueworks very soon, I shall start writing immediately. However The Crimson Halls and The Frostwing Halls, including The Lich King, would come tomorrow. Maybe I'll do Crimson Halls, but my hands are aching and it's getting late.

The Plagueworks

The First Trash

This is, if you ask me, one of the most annoying of the trashes. After you go through the door from Deathbringer Saurfang, you would want to watch out of those blue gas; they do some serious damage. Head to the entrance of a gigantic circular room. There are two val'kyrs flying. Once your raid is ready, pull one of them and start nuking. They are going to start making duplicates of your raid members, but do not concern yourself from them. They are being handled by the DPS. Just hold that Val'kyr on you, let her die, kill remaining ghosts, and repeat on the next Val'kyr.

The Plagueworks is on the West, left side of the domelike place. Head to the center, and go left. There, two abominations would be at the entrance. In the center and back a bit, would be two zombies, and you would note around two dozen geists jumping about behind him, patrolling the area. Don't concern yourself with them.

Mark them as Skull and Cross. If you are the Main Tank, grab the skull and pull it towards your raid, however in the middle of the bridge stop and turn it away, because it has a cleaving effect. The off-tank should pull the Cross and pull it behind the raid, not too far but a few yards from them to any direction off the bridge to the back, that's it for them.

The next two are zombies. When they reach around barely a few percentages left, they would start exploding, dealing some serious damage to all nearby members of your raid, I advise fleeing. However even I find myself tempted to continue nuking, hoping to kill it fast enough so it won't have time to explode, and a few times paying the consequences.

However, in the middle of the fight with them, the dozen geists will come. Keep the zombie/s on you, but quickly grab the geists. Start doing some aoe and try to get them on you, and taunt / stun / do anything to get those that flee you to the healers/dpsers so they'll come back to you.

Next up, after they all die, head into the next room. Go up the stairs and you would find a Flesh Giant before you, with small gnomes and geists patrolling. Two dogs would be coming and patrolling from the left and right side; Stinky and Precious.

Pull that giant when you see Stinky and Precious are away, and start dpsing it as you are sticking to the wall behind you, not the wall near the stairs, but in the center. Take him down, silence the gnomes and bring them to you and wait for them to die.

Stinky

Stinky is fairly easy. Just pull him and position him on the other stairs that your raid aren't standing on. Take him down. On around 5-6, taunt off the MT / have your OT taunt off of you, and soon, when you reach 4-5 stacks, he would do a Decimate spell, sending you to very low hp. However, as long as your healers are aware, you shouldn't die. However, don't be afraid to throw cooldowns; there's time until the next bosses. That's all basically, and Stinky is down.

Precious

Precious is a duplicate of Stinky's abilities, but he also summons zombies. When you are the one tanking him, and there's time before the other tank is about to aggro, do some aoe taunts to try to lessen the damage on the healers and dpsers. If you're lucky, Precious's Ribbon shall drop.

Festergut.

This fight is a joke, and rather easy. This is rather complicated for the healers and DPSers, but you just AFK there! Charge / run towards Festergut, and tank him in the middle. The ability you are going to worry about is the orange gas that would appear shortly after the fight starts. When he inhales it, his dps speed and damage done by a lot. You should reserve one or two cooldowns for the final inhale. When the final inhale comes, aka the inhale where there is no mroe gas, he would do some insane damage if this is your first try at him, and thus no armor better than his level. Throw off one cooldown, if you see yourself continuing to drop (use this a second before he casts the Inhale Blight) then throw a second cooldown, but no more. This is all you can do. (Make sure the second one is a trinket) If you die, it's the healer's fault, or your gear. Maybe both.

However, while all this is happening, there is a debuff that would begin stacking on you. When it reaches 10 stacks, you would explode, dealing insane and untolerable damage and instant-death to all members. This must not occur, or it's an instant wipe.

You must taunt off each other every 9 stacks, which should happen at maximum 3-4 times during the encounter, at around 5th I'd reckon he'd enrage. When the other tank taunts off of you, as a warrior you should switch to Berseker Stance, as a paladin I believe you should continue normally, as a death knight you should switch to Blood Presence, and as a Druid switch to Cat Form.

Be warned, however! You do extreme amounts of damage and threat the more stacks you have. Meaning, that you should watch out. You can most easily overaggro from the main tank! Congratulations, Festergut is dead.

Rotface

Rotface this time, there is no two people attacking the same boss. (Finally?) This encounter however, is nevertheless difficult!

Usually, it matters not. However, as the Rotface tank it is the easier of the two roles, in my opinion. You have to tank him where he is, simply put. Stay there. He would very frequently turn around at a raid member and start puking. Just hold your position and ignore it. All would be well. However, you should always, always keep track of the other tank and his kiting of the oozes. Frequently, there would be a red blazing warning where it says that the ooze is exploding. A heartbeat, half a second later, immediately run to the wall, where the ooze has already passed! If you bring it into the ooze's path, 1/4 of the raid, if not more, are done for!

But, however, there is also the ooze tank. You should, as the ooze tank, start at the bottom-left of the room, waiting patiently. At some point, a DPS or a healer would run to you, and stay there. You are unable to taunt the little ooze off of him/her. However, when a second one comes, the two oozes would merge, and become a Big Ooze.

Start taunting. Under NO MEANS, not even for Shield Bashing or a single melee hit, are you to get in range with it. Never. Start tauning clockwise, this is the easiest and best of mine. However, at many points there are going to be floods, where green ooze comes down. This does damage, but that is not what concerns you, the damage is rather little. It slows you. If you see the raid are very close to it, aka less than 5 yards from it, just bounce over it and yell "Freedom please!" if you are lucky, a paladin would notice that and throw you a Blessing of Freedom, giving you speed again. If not, it matters not, you are just a little bit slower than the ooze, which should be a distance from you. (Around 7 yards.)

Raid member swould come with Little Oozes and go near it, and the little ooze would merge with the Big Ooze. At around the fourth or fifth time it merges, the Big Ooze would stop, and a second later explode. Continue your run and try to ignore it, however do NOT step where other raid members were. Now just sit back and wait for another ooze to come, and repeat. Congratulations, if done right, Rotface is now dead.

Professor Putricide

Now, once again, this is like Deathbringer Saurfang. Don't expect to oneshot it. This is a hard, seriously hard encounter. However, becomes remotely easy after mastered or done well.

Main-Tank:

You have the toughest job. Hey, tough luck. You should start the encounter by pulling Putricide, and pulling him to the bottom-left of the room, where the orange tint appears. Keep tanking him there. However, you would note a few moments into the encounter that a green ooze appears. It would juts stand there for around 2-3 seconds, before throwing a green line on a random raid member but the abomination and you. When this happens, immediately pull Putricide to the other side very close to the wall in the green-tinted area. Repeat as orange ooze appears after this one, pulling it once it picks a target to the other side of the room.

at 80%, Professor Putricide would stun every raid member with a Tear Gas, and go to his laboratory. There, he would mutate, and a few psells would be added to his arsenal. The only thing you have to worry about is that elixir / potion he drops on the floor. Once he does, move him away, closer to the raid, from it. Any player 10 yards from it would die instantly.

Off-Tank:

Professor Putricide would be located near a clickable object, working on potions. If you are the OT, wait for the MT to grab him before clicking the object; congratulations, you are a big ugly abomination-thing. A replica of Festergut.

Puddles of slime would appear on the floor. Your priority is to remove them. Use Eat Ooze to drink it up. It takes a few clicks to remove them, but stay on them until you don't see it anymore. By draining it, you would receive energy that you may use. When there are no puddles on the floor, hit Rotface with Mutated Slash attack. This applies armor penetration, however if any ooze (red or green) appear, it is also your priority, even before the pools, to use Regurgitated Ooze on them. Your priority on spells is firstly the slowing of the oozes (use just one and you're okay.) Second is the removal of the ooze pools, and finally the usage of this attack on Putricide.

Aftermath:

at around 35%, your abomination friend would drop. There must be no slime pools, or you would be in serious trouble. It is best to have all oozes killed as well. Now then, he will cast Tear Gas again and stun everyone. Now, you have no abomination to take care of the pools, so watch out. Now comes the DPS Race.

Putricide stacks a debuff on his current tank every 10 seconds (Mutated Plague), which has a one-minute expiration timer. The debuff deals AoE damage to the whole raid, should it expire, be removed or a person die from it, Putricide gains a massive amount of health (300.000 health for each stack that the person had in 10 man). When there are two tanks, Tank #1 should tank it up to 2 stacks, then Tank #2 should tank it up to 2 stacks. After that, the tanks should taunt off each other per stack. With three tanks, each tank should initially get 2 stacks, and then four stacks.

Congratulations for clearing The Plageuworks.

The Crimson Halls

The First Trash

This trash is rather short, quick and relatively easy, at least much easier than the Plagueworks Trash.

There are a few mobs there, along with the Lich. What is most important is that they are undead, thus vulnerable to many spells .. including Shackle! In 25, have two priests shackle two of the mobs, and have your tanks group up the rest. Also, it's preferably a warrior grabs the Lich. Why? For a little laugh, you can keep an eye on him then do Spell Reflect when the Lich attempts to slap you, and soar away.

The trash continues like this, just no more liches. Take them out, be wary however some are able to CC you. Keep a mind out for them because they just appear behind you like a rogue and sap you, and go for others. If you see a fellow tank reaching this situation, quickly grab his mobs before disaster would be imminent!

The Blood-Prince Council

I repeat, easy. There are three tanks here; one, preferably the hunter, would be tanking the left boss around in the middle-left part of the giant domelike room. His job is to get the flying shadowy mobs to grip him, thus reducing the spell damage taken until it's 100%, and just keep that boss upon him. Further details can be given at another guide.

The middle one should be tanked where he is. Be wary, all tanks! The middle Prince uses a white, circular spell that appears on the ground, swirling. You have around 1 to 2 seconds to run left/right, and then return there after it's vanished. If you are caught in it you would be hit and fly further, much further than a simple Lich Slap.

The right one you would require to tank him in the middle-right of the dome, where there are carpets. Be wary, tread left/right but don't get too near your folks, and don't reach the door! Just return when that spell that made you go away vanishes. He hits seriously hard, and you can imagine through that deadly, bloody spiked mace he is wielding.

You would find them all with 1 hp, always apart from 1. They share the hp, and it bounces between bosses. So aggro is the least, least of your worries. You want to look about and try to not be taken off-guard by any of the knockbackers. Otherwise, piece of cake!

The Second Trash.

Don't reckon I should explain this. Quite obvious. However, be aware that there are TWO groups, and one patrolling when up the stairs. When patroll is no longer there, pull that group way back to the bottom of the stairway.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel

Now comes the faceroll for the tanks. The off-tank simply stacks there on the MT all day but one part. However, the MT has a job. He has to grab her and place her where she is, on the top of the middle staircase facing away from the raid. Just stack there, don't go "OH CRAP" when she charges very early. You would note the raid doing a biting order; because she charges and bites someone, and then they bite another etc. If they don't bite someone else, they are permanently possessed. Expect raid to fail if she is not below 5% hp if someone bites you.

Now then, many times during the encounter you would see her charging away to the center, and flying up. Main Tank, just sit back and camp there. The Off-tank, however, run to the very back of the pedestal you are on, as much into the wall as you can away from the main-tank. When she already hits everyone and begins to land, go stack on the main-tank again.

This, is basically, Lana'thel. Yes! For such a hard encounter, very easy for tanks.

Congratulations, you have cleared the Crimson Halls.
    Last edited by drudmaster; 08-16-2010 at 04:46 AM.

Zamoonda's Guide to Raid Tanking - Icecrown Citadel
    Arkells's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, alot of thought went into this post. I really appreciate it, as I am a tank after all.

Enjoyable read =]

drudmaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my hands are dying from pain of writing. I might do The Crimson Halls in like an hour, but I can't continue right now. The Plagueworks finished writing.

spleen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should add some food (not fish feast).

Dragonfin Filet - Spell - World of Warcraft 40 strength and 40 stamina
    or
    Rhinolicious Wormsteak - Spell - World of Warcraft 40 expertise 40 stamina would probably benefit a tank more.

Just my 2 cents

I Hypnotoad I's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woo. This'll help so much when I get off my lazy ass and level my paladin!
    I run on Ultra Settings, and the spire doesnt lag for me too much (Woo, Default Mac graphics card ftw)

Dragon[Sky] can get into our signatures, AND our pants.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion, Spleen.

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so awesome! It will help me (I'm a new tank with 5.1k gs) to get started in ICC +Repped

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated with The Crimson Halls.

Woodlauncher's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only skimmed through it but it looks awesome so +Rep to you!

nejm's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose it's a nice written guide. But Icecrown Citadel has been out for MANY weeks, the bosses, tacticts and mechanics are well known by know.
    And the tanks nowadays just go for defense cap and gem FULL stamina and then its just tank and spank with the 30% buff.

Still a nice post, +2
    People who post new non-useless exploits gets flamed, People who reposts gets +rep.
    The world is strange

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But hey, you still have to know what to do. If it was all tank and spank, the tactics in this guide would be plain lies.

Agapyr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is quite a WALL of text. Haven't read all of it yet, but most of it seems correct and easy to understand. Definitely worth some +Rep

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great contribution! Well organized, and a good read to boot. I'm going to show this to my friend who just finished his tanking set.

See, I knew you could do it! (I remember you from the other thread in general)

+repx3

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey This guide helped me alot doing my first steps in icc!

Are you going to update it with remaining tactics?

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART

jmulhern345's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not? Blackened Dragonfin - Item - World of Warcraft
    Its vastly superior to str food. Extra mitigation and armor. Atleast for DKs/druids. From what i know. Hit and Expertise food would be superior if undercap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast