0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Guide to PvP as a Rogue!

Close thread, too many un-appreciative people.
    Last edited by sbeanie; 06-24-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Ultimate Guide to PvP as a Rogue!
    ßetray's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure who gave you that talent set, but I can tell you that you don't know entirely what you're doing just by looking at your Tier 1 talents for your Mut spec.
    You're mutilate and you spec'd into Imp Evis...

This now is a good time to vanish. To stop the priest from healing you can then rush in with a sap.
    Also, you're talking as if Vanish takes your target OOC; it doesn't. It takes you out of combat. You still need to wait 5seconds from the last time you hit them or they hit you to for them to be OOC to get a sap off, meaning 5 seconds they can heal or try to break you out of stealth.

However, please note Cloak of Shadows will not remove Frost Nova, for this you will have to Vanish.
    Seriously, I'm pretty sure you've never played against a mage. Hell, I don't even think you have a rogue.

Or Subtlety 16/0/55:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Poisons: Wound, Crippling
    Back to this, you didn't even mention that you can use instant, mind-numbing or deadly instead of Crippling since you spec'd into Waylay.

There are other things to critique about this but I'm going to bed. I'm curious to see what else you're going to post...
    Last edited by ßetray; 06-24-2010 at 05:26 AM.

sbeanie's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just say I do have a rogue and I have a arena team of 2400, I think I know how to play. Crippling has a bigger decrease of movement speed than Waylay and also lasts longer, you're better off using that instead of Instant. As for the sap, it's common knowledge that you'd have to wait before, just I didn't think I'd have to state that, obviously I do for people that can't point out mistakes in a nice way.
    Last edited by sbeanie; 06-24-2010 at 06:00 AM.

toolate101's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fail rogue is fail, gtfo... ur tactics sux

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard to write a detailed explanation how to kill each class, I'd like to see you try.

themaster's Avatar Contributor
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sbeanie View Post
    [B][SIZE="6"]

I cannot stress how important talents are as a rogue, a few single talents misplaced could cause you to lose the fight. The recommended talent specs for rogue PvP are:

Assasination 44/2/25:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Poisons: Deadly, Instant
    Lol those poisons are for PvE.. Rephrase it to: Deadly,Wound

JimmyTheGoat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all your mutilate spec, you want rogue to run with a healer but not use wound poison?
    Second why the hell did you take imp evis in an envenom spec?
    Third No lethality for mutilate spec?
    Fourth Your not getting focused attacks or find weakness?
    Fifth Your using dual cooldowns against the rogue, blind and then vanish? what about be rdy with your keybind so that if he trinkets your blind you vanish? cause if he dont you can easialy save vanish for a worse time like if your stunlocking and he then trinkets then instantly vanish to not get blinded?

Sorry but I'm very skeptic of you being able to hit 2400 rating unless you really can justify some of these things

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't play mutilate spec, I'm subtlety. Second the mutilate spec is off the top rogue priest 2v2 combo, I'm trying to help people that want to go Assasination.

eforsmo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad you removed the post..

Reading over the quotes, i realize i could've gotten my daily rofl from this post

w0rsty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "However, please note Cloak of Shadows will not remove Frost Nova, for this you will have to Vanish."

I really doubt you have a rogue, this is just *ucking embarrassing. And if its the case you have one, you are never ever above 1500 rating. Gtfo loser.

themaster's Avatar Contributor
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JimmyTheGoat View Post
    First of all your mutilate spec, you want rogue to run with a healer but not use wound poison?
    Second why the hell did you take imp evis in an envenom spec?
    Third No lethality for mutilate spec?
    Fourth Your not getting focused attacks or find weakness?
    Fifth Your using dual cooldowns against the rogue, blind and then vanish? what about be rdy with your keybind so that if he trinkets your blind you vanish? cause if he dont you can easialy save vanish for a worse time like if your stunlocking and he then trinkets then instantly vanish to not get blinded?

Sorry but I'm very skeptic of you being able to hit 2400 rating unless you really can justify some of these things
    1. Yes He should use wound poison
    2. Imp Eviscerate is good against enemies which you cant apply deadly poison on or the poison runs out from. For example frost mages, DK with anti magic shell at 15% hp etc etc.
    3. Lethality is useless. It's only good for mutilate because most of your damage comes from white damage and poisons. Besides that you got maybe 45% Crit chance - resillience = 30% And then you got 30% chance on both weapons that mutilate will crit.. well sorry really useless. And talking about 2400 rating.. most top rated rogues dont use Lethality themselves. (For example nr 1 rogue player in the world atm according to arenajunkies.com: The World of Warcraft Armory - Reckful @ Blackrock - Talents
    Oh and it seems he has improved eviscerate aswell.. well 2 in 1.
    4&5. Yes you are right about this part.

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    268/286
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep 4 for hard work, from what I can see you wrote a lot. At least you took your time and tried to contribute even if it wasn't all right, while the people who flame do nothing.

Vyre's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sbeanie View Post
    Close thread, too many un-appreciative people.
    So you dont think you brought this upon yourself with writing "Ulimate Guide to PvP as a Rogue!" and then writing so much stuff wrong?

Sadly i didn't get to read it before you edited, but i would like the laughs, seeing from the quotes.

You should expect to be flamed if you haven't checked wether you're right or not, and some of the things in the quotes are extremely stupid, sorry to repeat this again, but it is VERY possible to CoS out of FN... -.-

You should've expected this if you post something completely wrong and giving such a title to the thread.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just say, the specs I am using are off some of the best rogues out there in 2v2 PvP, I really doubt that you will even come close to their skill and deffinately have no clue what you are doing compared to them. As for Confucius, I see other people the same way you do. At least I actually try to help even if it's hard to write something with detail. Yes I may have wrote a few things wrong but I'm sure a lot of you don't have rogues or have a little knowledge about them which you use to flame. In my opinion, you should all be banned.

JimmyTheGoat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @themaster thanks for the anserws(bla cant spell atm)

@sbeanie I'm not trying to flame you, merely trying to understand the reasons for why you take certain talents and why you do certain things. I can see why you choose the spec yes i agree those rogues probaly have a skill level at their class that are 10x mine(i got a 80 rogue and idd no, I'm not very good at playing it, havn't played it for awhile though aswell). However they still take certain talents which i would like to know why they take . So nope I'm not trying to flame you (:
    Last edited by JimmyTheGoat; 06-27-2010 at 12:04 PM.